Marsh Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marsh Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Greenfield, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted of me being told how to do the job. They didn't quality check, they just hired. It was like they just needed a warm body behind the register, but that's also what a cashier is viewed as anyway.

Interview Questions

• Do I have a reliable ride? Am I available all of the time? Can I work weekends and holidays? Have I ever used a register?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a call to come interview the next day. The interview was pretty short. About 10 or 15 minutes. We just talked mainly. He asked a few questions but nothing that was too hard. Pretty basic. I don't have much work experience but he said that it wasn't a problem. After 15 minutes he said I had the job.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took awhile before I got a call to come in for an interview, and the it was cancelled and moved to the next day. Interview was pretty easy, basic questions. Was offered the job on the spot. Started the next day.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets.

Interview

The manager was twenty minutes late, but it was very simple, very straightforward. He brought the manager of the department I was hiring for and they both asked me questions, and the deli manager made me feel welcome. I got a call two days later with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Castleton, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Castleton, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me basic questions about how I handled multitasking. They asked about where I used to work. How I would handle certain situations in the work place. Have I ever stolen from the work place. How I like dealing with people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you multi-tasked in the work place.   Answer Question

Any Opening Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Noblesville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was smooth and was told that I would have the job, and that they would call me. Also that I needed to do some online work to be able to start working.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Valparaiso, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was mainly about discussing balancing many jobs at once. Due to the hospital having various positions in the kitchen, with different length of shifts, I was told I was going to be doing many positions. Almost everyone in the kitchen was cross trained. Also, a good portion of the interview we discussed what I could bring to the cafe I was going to be baking for and what past experiences I have had with baking certain items.

Interview Questions

• what level are my baking skills at   1 Answer

Sacker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets.

Interview

My dad was a lifelong employee. My interview process was basically nepotism. I actually think most hires in Marsh are referred from current employees or family members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Interview

1 interview, they may call you back, but usually you are offered a job right then. You most likely have the job if you receive an interview unless you make key interview errors like " i hate people ".
    you work a 90 day period for review, normally part-time job

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Carmel, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I was referred by a friend. I was only asked a few questions, just so they could get to know me. But for the most part, I was hired right on the spot.