Marston's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marston's Interview Questions

Interviews at Marston's

2.5

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marston's.

Interview

Went in and got asked basic questions about customer care etc., asked about previous experience in pubs and bars. very basic and easy interview with a mid level manager. Pretty brief, then they described training process, got offered the job on that day

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have catered to a customers needs   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidcup, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marston's (Sidcup, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I arrived at my interview, where a few other people were sat. I was welcomed by two staff members who were really happy and talkative. A lady then come down who was also very happy and talkative to take us up for our interview. We sat down and was greeted by about 7/8 managers or so. They were all lovely and none of them made it feel to serious. We had to do a group activity with the other applicants to build a sky scraper out of paper & balance a ball on top. After that we had to do a ‘star of the show’ performance to show what the perfect waitress or waiter is. You could make a song up, a poem or even just draw a stick man & talk about it. The third task we had a interview where we all sat down with the different managers. The lady I had made me feel so comfortable & I was only asked 3/4 questions. I didn’t know how fun a interview could be till interviewing with Marstons! I was also offered the job next day which I am starting soon.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke Climsland, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Stoke Climsland, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

lots of abrupt emails asking about my availability, interview took an hour. went through WOWs and upselling. not formal but not informal either. took a long time. asked personal questions. guessed my age. was creepy really.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Chester, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, replying to a vacancy post, received an email 2 days later asking me to come in for an interview. Went in for the interview and had a simple chat with the General Manager, who asked me a few easy questions.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marston's.

Interview

The interview went as expected, with some general questions about yourself, your personality traits and your previous work experience, and then some questions about how you would react in certain circumstances

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone complained that their food was cold?   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Interview

Applied with CV and covering letter and also answered some straight forward knowledge questions on the Marston's recruitment portal. Was invited to a first round interview. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on how Marston's could increase the numbers of customers choosing to go to their pubs and restaurants.

Trainee Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial Interview then assessment centre. Initial interview was relaxed and some standard question, then the next stage was the assessment centre which was quite intense, consisted of a pre-prepared presentation to present to 4 people on the panel, 3 exercises which you had 30 mins to prepare for, a group task then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marstons?   1 Answer

Trainee Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marston's (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application, followed by online aptitude tests ( I found that these are not as hard as some, only need to be 40 percentile. Invited to first round of interviews.

The Interview was conducted by 2 people, one person taking the lead the other making notes, they firstly asked me to run through my CV and experiences listed, then question about the company itself, and my expectations and how I would deal with certain problems which might occur with staff etc. Finished off with some basic questions about your eligibility for work etc etc

I found some of the questions a little silly........... Q) what can you offer that other candidates cannot.......... A) well I don’t know calibre of candidates that have applied for the role but I feel I can offer.......... etc etc

Interview Questions

• What can you offer that other cadidates can not. What are you expectations in terms of salary. Who are our competitors, How would you deal with troublesome staff   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marston's (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application completed followed by a telephone interview that lasted around an hour. I now believe these are done via Skype for some people. Met the Area Operations Manager for 1st stage interview and was contacted within a few days and booked in for 2nd stage interview with the Regional Manager. I was kept informed at all times and the company communicated well.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge to date?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in X years?   1 Answer
    • Have you every worked in a new build / major capex?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marston's in June 2013.

Interview

The process was quick, with Skype interview as standard with the usual questions regarding past experiences followed with 2 interviews that were more in depth. Business plan, Action plans etc.. Appointment made over the telephone with contract send quickly with no messing about.

Interview Questions

• How would your establish a new build business into the local economy   1 Answer