Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2018

1.9

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with multiple people. It lasted several hours and I interviewed with about 6 different individuals at different times, followed by a group interview with them.

Following the interview, the recruiter called me and left a voicemail to contact them. After 24 hours they called again only to tell me they went with someone else after it came down to another candidate and myself. I was just shocked they would use this language and do this. Typically a company only calls when they are offering a job, not to open the sentence with "it came down between you and someone else. We are going with them." Absolutely disgusting and disrespectful.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview take place in phone call because I live in different state. HR recruiter contacted me through email asking me for available phone interview. We had first phone interview in 3 days later. The HR recruiter was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. This interview is more of personal, background experience, and relocation. The next few days after first interview, HR contacted me again that the supervisor of that position wanted to have a second interview with me in next week. The round 2 interview is questioning about my skills and work experience relate to position I applied for.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. 3 in-person interview visits. HR does the initial screening. Everyone was friendly and the questions were easy. The dress code is very strict. Guys have to wear ties, and its generally conservative.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy and lengthy interview.
    Mostly hr questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, why this company etc.
    There were few sql and statistical (probability etc) questions

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Sales Force Communications Manager. Took along writing samples and talked about my background and experience. The manager was nice and welcoming. Took a short tour of the offices.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I received a phone call a month or two after applying online asking to schedule an interview at the corporate headquarters. I interviewed with three groups. First, the HR Manager, then two teams who told me about their work and asked me questions more specific to their needs. Everyone was very nice and polite and seemed to love working there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you and a supervisor disagreed. How did you solve this issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online through their job portal and received a call for an interview on site with the hiring manager. The interview was really pleasant with the manager explaining the intern position and asking me about my experience so far. The manager was really helpful with any questions I had and made sure I was comfortable. Overall, it was a very nice experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I had a pre-screening phone interview. The recruiter was over the top excited about me, and it felt like she was ready to hand me the job. (I've interviewed enough to know when someone likes my skills vs. doesn't.) Checked in a few times and she remained positive. Then finally got a "we went forward with someone else," despite being told originally how she wanted to have me come in. I don't understand why these recruiters can't just be honest from the get-go. I wasted weeks hanging on to hope.

Interview Questions

• Just your basic what's your background and how it fits with the desired role.   Answer Question