Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mary Kay

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Consultor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2019.

Interview

Muito simples, aprendam a oportunidade, tudo que e.precido fazer, como deve ser feito, mostra sobre finanças, investimentos e lucros e.mostrando as formas de crescimentos que cada pessoa pode atingir conforme seu desempenho.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy! Although, it ended by them saying “we might have the position filled, but we will let you know.” So, it was fairly obvious I wasn’t going to get the job.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

The overall process was competitive but relatively quick. I applied in November and was offered the position in December. I first was invited to attend an informational and then was offered an interview. The hiring managers and employees were very welcoming and professional throughout the process. I would recommend having a strong resume, elevator pitch, and good communication skills as these intern positions usually have lots of applicants.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Quick and easy. Simply questions. Reviewed my resume only briefly, as well as my supporting documentation. Discussed the job and its duties, as well as the hours and compensation. Was offered the job and I accepted also during that time.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to stand for roughly 8 hours.   1 Answer

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Frankfort, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

After I was invited to a sales meeting by my sister-in-law, my Sales Director was super nice and explained everything to me in detail before I signed up. She was even genuinely interested in my personal life, children, hardships, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what I was currently doing and if I was satisfied with it.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

was asked about past experience and why I would be good for the job. was also asked why I was interested in the cosmetics industry. the process took about three weeks and was all done over the phone. I would say it was pretty simple and easy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very informative and timely. They were accommodating with times that worked well for me since I was in a different state. The team was helpful in answering all of my questions about the role, team and company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience. Tell me about a time when....etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I received a phone call a month or two after applying online asking to schedule an interview at the corporate headquarters. I interviewed with three groups. First, the HR Manager, then two teams who told me about their work and asked me questions more specific to their needs. Everyone was very nice and polite and seemed to love working there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you and a supervisor disagreed. How did you solve this issue?   Answer Question

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and his team in a panel interview at the beautiful Mary Kay corporate building in Dallas, TX. My overall impression was that they would be a great group to work with but they were more interested in a person that was 100% scrum and my background was a composure of waterfall and scrum mixed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a team member that was not making progress on your project   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with multiple people. It lasted several hours and I interviewed with about 6 different individuals at different times, followed by a group interview with them.

Following the interview, the recruiter called me and left a voicemail to contact them. After 24 hours they called again only to tell me they went with someone else after it came down to another candidate and myself. I was just shocked they would use this language and do this. Typically a company only calls when they are offering a job, not to open the sentence with "it came down between you and someone else. We are going with them." Absolutely disgusting and disrespectful.

Independent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Charlestown, MA).

Interview

It wasn't an interview as much as it was someone explaining the business to me. I met with the consultant who sold my my Mary Kay at the time, along with her Unit Manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to set your own ours around your family's needs?   1 Answer