Mary Kay Reviews

4.2
Mary Kay President and CEO David B. Holl
David B. Holl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefit package.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Nice people work at this company and all align to one mission(in 45 reviews)
  • "Another reason I love my MK is the extra money that it has allowed my family.(in 31 reviews)
  • "This company has a great culture of empowerment for women.(in 31 reviews)
  • "fantastic and free training always!(in 24 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mary Kay and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Friendly Culture

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mary Kay has a people-centric culture, prioritizing employee needs and comfort, because it understands employees who care for the company do good work.

Cons

Different managers behave differently, and employee day-to-day metrics are not measured well, leading to some imbalance where some teams work long hours where others work a standard work week.

Continue reading
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I Wish I Can Remove MK From My Resume

Mar 17, 2022 - Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. The manufacturing facility is full of narcissistic managers that love to make their employee's lives miserables. Employees are constantly written up to HR. It's a rite-of-passage amongst employees and something they joke about because it's so common. Managers are not proficient in their role and expect their employees to do what they're told, only to be written up when the managers realize they were wrong. Managers prey on other managers to get them fired so they can advance their inner-company love interests into that position. Managers favor certain employees and use them as tools to get employees that they do not like fired. The environment at Mary Kay is toxic and most employees do not stay long. It has become so bad that every employee that quits simply quits on the spot and does not put in a two week notice.

Cons

The entire company is one big con. The "family first" idea that they try to lure employees in with is just propaganda. Employees are not treated well and are forced to endure mental and emotional pain throughout the duration of their time at the company.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

May 15, 2022 - Independent Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, great people, great growth opportunites

Cons

None I can think of

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

I love Mary Kay

May 10, 2022 - Independent Beauty Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy a flexible work from home schedule and the product is great

Cons

the pay isn't consistent so there's a lot of guesswork and no set pay

5. 3.0