Maryland SECU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2018

3.3

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

The first thing that i had to do was do an online assessment with math questions to see if i was capable of handling math and money. After a few days i received an email saying that the company wanted to interview me. They did a skype interview that took about 45 minutes to determine if they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What is your management philosohy   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a little wrong because I had to do a phone interview, Skype interview, skills and personality test, and then the final interview with bank manager. They asked me general questions about teamwork, customer services, etc. Their questions were asked in a situational manner. For ex. If so and so did this, how would you handle the situation and what would you do?

Interview Questions

• A member comes in angry and is in a hurry, how would you handle the member to make her experience better?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maryland SECU.

Interview

I called to ask about problems I was having with the online application. After I submitted the application, I talked to one of the recruiting managers for an informal 20-minute phone interview. She asked basic questions about my past work experience and academics career. She then asked more specific questions about why I wanted to work at a credit union and my long term career goals. After that, I scheduled a Skype interview with another recruiting manager the following week, where he asked mostly the same questions and a few more about specific instances where I dealt with whatever topic he asked about. I then completed the online assessments and they were very impressed and wanted to take me to the next level of interviews with the specific branch manager, but because of my availability (I was also a student at the time), they did not have a position with the hours they wanted me to work. I applied for the part-time 40hr/payperiod position, but they told me they look for candidates who can work 60 hours a pay period, while I could only do about 45... They wanted me to apply for a Peak Teller Position (10-18 hours per week), but had no openings in my area.. That is why I ultimately was unable to get the job.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

I waited in the lobby of a busy and smelly branch in the ghetto part of Baltimore City. The manager who was interviewing me was very late for the interview. It was your typical interview with the questions that try to stump you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Maryland SECU Response

Sep 20, 2017 – AVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your post - we appreciate the candor with what you experienced in February 2013, and we're happy to share how much we've changed since you met with us four years ago!

We said... More

ABM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Columbia, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

Very long - 3 interviews and the last one was a panel interview by 4 people. was asked to provide multiple scenarios for the same questions. one of the managers was so mean and didn't even smile.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a few days later to conduct skype interview with recruiter. Was then scheduled for an in-person group panel interview 2 days later. In person interview was with HR specialist, Assistant Manager and Branch Manager. Interview lasted 1.5 hours. Interview involved intensive questioning regarding what-if scenarios and previous background/sales experience. Received official offer a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond what was required of you.   Answer Question

Member Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maryland SECU in March 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted my recruiter, who then conducted brief phone interview. 2nd interview is with recruiter over Skype. 3rd interview is very loooooong panel interview at one of the SECU branches. They are very through, and interview was one of the longest i've ever had. Final interview was a quick chat with Senior VP. People were very friendly, and company treated me well during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time that you had a disagreement with a co-worker over an issue, but it turned out that your co-worker was correct. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate salary, but was told that company couldn't increase offer. Offer was very competitive however.

Member Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maryland SECU.

Interview

applied online, had to take a personality assessment and a basic knowledge assessment, both took forever, i got a call from the recruiter requesting to set up a time for a skype interview, after that was done a panel interview at the location i was interviewing was set up with a few different managers, this was a bit daunting because they didn't provide much feedback during the interview, mostly Q&A, not much of a discussion as other interviews i've been on

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions (i.e. what would you do if you have to give someone bad news?, how would you provide feedback to a peer?)   Answer Question

Teller Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Linthicum Heights, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

3 part process and the interview online and make sure you have really good connection and you are not camera shy. It was pretty simple and very straight forward. I wouldn't really worry about the interview when being screened but the last interview is what I would really worry about

Position At Linthicum HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maryland SECU (Linthicum, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

S-l-o-w.......I easily met all of the requirements for the position, but did not hear back for over a month since application submitted. Spoke with HR person for basic phone interview and then face-to-face met with Manager and his boss. Answered all questions without stumbling, chit-chatted afterwards -- developed good rapport. Never heard anything back, despite my emails and calls to HR person.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for an organization that doesn't respond to its potential employees?   1 Answer