Masimo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Masimo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masimo.

Interview

HR called me after I applied online
    Interview on phone about basic questions related to my goals. Then she said she will share my resume with hiring manager and will get back to me. This never happened

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masimo.

Interview

Spoke with HR. First she went over the position and the company. Asked basic questions about resume. She said she will give her notes to the supervisor of the position. At the end she said she'll be happy to answer any questions. In my follow up email I asked her a question related to the position, but she never responded. Two weeks later I got a rejection, and when I asked for feedback she didn't respond either.

I later found out from the person who got the position that they had met with the supervisor in person a week before my interview and was already selected as the candidate. The supervisor interviewed and offered them the position on the same day, so I don't know why they even bothered interviewing me. I felt as if Masimo wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Masimo? What do you know about Masimo?   Answer Question

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Masimo (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with HR. I was asked basic questions about why I want to join the company, salary expected etc. Then I had a technical interview with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions on basic signal processing concepts like PCA, random forest, sampling etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masimo.

Interview

1. phone screen: Fairly simple step, just checking to see if you are who you claim to be, mostly ask basic questions about your interest in company, salary requirement, some resume questions. 30 min.
    2. phone interview with hiring manager: a bit more detailed regarding your technical skills. 30 min.
    3. In person interview: Presentation to all people they PLAN on having you meet throughout the day (i think the schedule was 9am-4pm). If they dont think you fit the role they will cut interview short. Personally I had gone through my presentation and met 2 or 3 people before the the recruiter came up to me and said they were looking for someone with different skillset. It was quite unprofessional as the it was the recruiter who let me know of their decision to stop the interviews, while the hiring manager was nowhere to be seen. Overall it was a waste of my time since they should have figured out their hiring needs before hand and I clearly stated my experiences during the two phone interview.

Interaction with the recruiter was pleasant, while interaction with the engineering team while onsite, although brief, some team members were at times disrespectful.

Probably will never apply for a job here again.

Quality Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Masimo.

Interview

Met with 4 different interviewers from manufacturing and quality departments. Interviewers did an excellent job of explaining the position and its requirements. One focus of the interview was the importance of being able to interact with other departments.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee who asked you to cover up a negative audit finding?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. In house recruiter phone screen
    2. Hiring manager phone screen - Basic technical background questions
    3. Programming Test
    4. In Person Interview - 3 hour block and scheduled to meet with 4 people (3 engineers + hiring manager)

After meeting with 3 engineers, the recruiter came in and said the hiring manager was busy in meetings so the interview was finished. She politely said that she would get back to me once they made a decision but in typical recruiter fashion, I never heard from her again.

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ keywords (inline, volatile, extern), Reverse a string, Print out kth nodes of a binary tree, basic multithreading questions   Answer Question
    • Android based questions - Write an app that displays a counter that updates every second (The interviewer was looking for me to use a TimerTask)   Answer Question

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I contacted the recruiter. I finally got a call from HR, later I was then interview by phone. Afterwards I went for a 45 min presentation of my latest work followed by a couple of short interviews. A few days later I had the on site interview, full day schedule, every 45 min a different person would come to a room and ask questions.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masimo (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewers came unprepared to interview. They neither had job posting or resume. Each one was unsure what they are supposed to do
    wasted my time. I only decided I don't want the job

Interview Questions

• We have several positions which one I am interviewing you for . Can you tell me about the position.   1 Answer
    • I have a copy of your resume. The position you are being interviewed is my position and what will you be doing?   1 Answer

Laser Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Disorganized from day one. Called 30min after set time. Rebooked date for interview. Missing people on presentation and one on one. Delayed reimbursement for more than a month and then ask for extra receipts. Reporting to stated that they work 7 days a week, 12 hours per day, and they can of expect that from you.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Masimo.

Interview

Well, I didn't knew how they found my profile but glad they did.

First, was a HR call about myself and stuffs like 15 mins call. Second they send me a basic DSP to code. HR explicitly said in mail to use any languages to code, I coded in Java in like 1 hour and send it back, took them 4 days to get back to me, saying they want the same to be coded in C, took another 1 hour to code and send back to them, after 3 week no response at all from them.

So, just to be in the sync, I wrote to HR asking for the feedback and I was surprise to know that I am out of the process.

I am super shocked, what the fuzz with this company?? Are they even hiring people ?? 1 question in DSP, I think anyone can solve in like 1 hours, plus I wasted like another 2 hours to include dynamic programming stuffs with coding guideline like variable naming stuffs and designing.

Either, the one who checked the solution was so dumb to not understand the logic, coz I have put relatively minimal commenting, or they are not at all hiring but this is a huge blow to me as I can't believe anyone rejecting on the basis of a working, well designed and documented DSP problem being the fact I myself were a tech recruiter in one point of my career. Shocked!!!

If anyone internals are reading this, buddy, I aint impressed and wasn't looking to join or continue for further rounds as I know you have a pretty scary 1 whole day, 15 one-on-one rounds, but this seems pretty unsettling. If you are a tech reviewer from inside, let your candidates know why you did what you did, I found this experience to be a reflection of your horrible accountability in your job. If you arent hiring, dont waste people time, ok!!!

Saying, yes or no is one word, but it takes genuine effort to reach to that conclusion if you are a genuine individual else, it just a jerking around. Left with pretty much bitter taste.