Massey Knakal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massey Knakal Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Massey Knakal.

Interview

Applied through school career site, scheduled an interview via email and went to their brooklyn office. met briefly with their head of HR. Apparently their hiring process has been put on hold because they were recently acquired by cushman and wakefield

Real Estate Associate Interview

Interview

Two date process. The first is a general interview with an HR representative. They will ask basic background questions as well as ask why you want to work for Massey Knakal. Second round interview is one with the broker/agent you will be supporting.

Intern Interview

Interview

honestly it was just a great conversation that we had. I went in to the office with strong previous work history and just chatted, they hired me the next day.

Real Estate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massey Knakal (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call for an interview after 1 week. Got to the office 15 mins before, she took 30 minutes to see me. As soon as she sat down, she wrote something down. The interview did not last more than 15 minutes.

Associate/Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Massey Knakal in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first and then face interview with HR manager. Questions are easy, like why you showed interests in this position? Do you have any financial analysis experience? Choose an experience you want to talk to me on your resume. I like the company's environment, people are nice and employees there see you with a smile, I think if you get an opportunity to have a face interview with them, you need to be fully prepared because this is really a great real estate company.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Amityville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Massey Knakal (North Amityville, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The position was posted on my school's career database, and I sent my resume in. They asked about my previous experience with excel and in real estate, and wanted to know why I had applied with Massey Knakal specifically.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massey Knakal (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Traveled all the way into Brooklyn and was kept waiting for 40 minutes only to have an "interview" with what appeared to be two inexperienced HR interns who asked me no questions, couldn't maintain a conversation about the company, and ended it after 10 minutes. I suspect the position had been filled already and the company just needed to reach an interview quota. Complete waste of time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Massey Knakal in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long. It took about one month from start to finish. It began with a phone interview. Then I had an interview with HR. Finally I had interviews with people who I would work closely with. Everyone was extremely personable.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us what you think we do. Make sure you know the firm cold. Apparently a lot of people cannot answer this question correctly.   Answer Question

Got another offer before they got back to me, however, they seemed like a great place to work.

Associate Capital Markets Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Very nice people. Want to know your committed to real estate.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest expense line item on a properties financial statement that the owner is responsible for?

Describe the beginning and end process of closing a mortgage deal.

What is NOI and how do you get to it   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massey Knakal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

After applying, an HR intern reached out by phone to set up a first round phone interview with the head of HR. The phone call was a few days later and lasted about 10 minutes. It was very easy and questions involved why I am interested in Real Estate and what I was looking for in the position. I was contacted later the same day asking for me to have my second round interview via phone or in person. I went to their office in NYC the next week to meet with a Research analyst and the Vice President of Research. The VP of Research was called into a meeting when I arrived so I did not end up meeting him, but I spent 45 minutes to an hour speaking with the Research Analyst on varying subjects regarding the position, industry and company. It was a very laid back conversation; very easy to guide the conversation towards questions that fit my strengths well. Overall an easier interview process than I had been through in the past with different firms. I received a call from an HR intern extending me an offer for the summer a few hours after the end of my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.