Mattermark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattermark Interview Questions

Interviews at Mattermark

2.1

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone Screen with Head of Sales, Onsite with Head of Sales, AE and one of cofounders. Enjoyed all the conversations and thought they went well but never received word until weeks later after proactively reaching out regarding their decision. Disorganized and lackluster interview experience with no clear next steps communicated after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

You talk to a few people (phone screen and in person) about your background and knowledge about the company's product offerings. The initial phone screen happened with someone on the sales team instead of an HR person.

You are asked standard behavioral questions about your background, why you are interested in the company, et cetera. You are given ample opportunity to ask questions.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

An exec at Mattermark reached out to ask me to interview for a senior level role. I had never heard of the company but looked them up and decided that I was indeed interested in learning more. The company's recruiter really botched things up, sending me invites with incorrect meeting times etc. Then I spoke to the COO and he was really all over the place, sounding super unfocused. I was having trouble envisioning me working with him. He then had me speak to someone else. The call went well though I also felt like I heard more negatives than positives about the company during the conversation, which left me with many questions about whether or not I even still wanted to consider working for Mattermark. Other things then happened - further poor communication - leaving me really curious how the company even survives. Eventually I got an email telling me the role had been filled. I'm fine with this outcome as I'm not ultimately interested in working for a company that treats potential employees so poorly, but seriously guys....I have never been treated so poorly as a candidate.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Hot and cold. First we need to talk. Kept putting off interview. Then finally set up call with Exec. Then need to meet to discuss face to face. Then no response for weeks. Then let's not meet but talk with non Exec. Then not interested anymore. Just seemed to be stalling.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat an employee and keep them motivated   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had been following Mattermark for a few months so I reached out to the CEO directly. She responded quickly and scheduled a phone screen. After the call I came into the office and met a member from the sales team, CS team, and the COO. The interviews were very friendly, mostly looking for value/cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Given an example of a common objection I was asked to come up with a response on the fly.   1 Answer

Front End Engineer Role Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattermark.

Interview

Was interviewed by someone who was not very knowledgeable about front end engineering. There was one js questions.

I had a conversation for about 30 mins about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about how I would solve a problem. Not very technical.   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mattermark in June 2015.

Interview

The CEO reached out to me back in September 2014 thinking I might be a good fit for the position, which would report directly to her. First call was with HR, which went well and I was then asked to do a case study. Within 48 hours of completing said case study, I was informed by HR that hiring for a VP Marketing was being put on hold, which I understand happens at startups. Then in May 2015 I saw the position was once again available and applied online.

I spoke with a member of the marketing team, and advanced to the next round. At this point, the office manager (?) scheduled a call between myself and the CEO. The first 2 calls resulted in my waiting on hold on a conference line; after those 2 experiences, I specifically asked for the CEO's direct line and provided my cell number in case that was easier for the CEO.

Each call took weeks to schedule and after each call I emailed the CEO and scheduler to work towards fixing the problem for the next call. After the 3rd call, I didn't even get a response.

At that point, I withdrew my application for VP marketing explaining that I was excited to learn more about the role and Mattermark, but if I'm having this much trouble getting on a call, I have serious misgivings about proceeding further in this process.

The CEO's executive assistant replied and the entire response was "Thank you for your feedback." This was a few weeks ago and I have never heard back from the CEO directly. Without a doubt one of the worst interview processes I have ever been a part of and overall very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Questions in my interview with the marketing team member focused on my approach to SaaS marketing, how would I structure a marketing team, and what I knew of the company. As mentioned above, I never got chance to speak to CEO.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an 45 minute technical phone call. The interviewer didn't ask a single technical Javascript questions and concludes that I somehow don't have any Javascript experience. If he took time to look at my github profile, he would see that I am a contributor to many JS repositories. He cuts the interview short and is late by 10 minutes. The interviewer was not qualified to conduct an interview. Highly unprofessional. Avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions

• Super easy questions that are general knowledge about your experience. One design question which we did not get to because the manage "concluded" that i don't have enough Javascript experience.   Answer Question

Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional

* Applied online and the Recruiter contacted me a week later to setup the phone interview and sent a Google Calendar confirmation to lock up the time slot.

*Recruiter showed up late to the call and began to ask me questions about my background and qualifications and rushed me through the process. Recruiter did not read my resume and was reading off my LinkedIn profile.

*Recruiter then asked me if I had any questions about the company or position. I got 3 questions in before the recruiter rudely cut me off, (Could you describe the environment at the office, what are some challenges faced at the position and a technical question about their product that the recruiter could not answer.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What experience do you have with client success, have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer, Why do you want to work for Mattermark and not another startup in SF or Silicon Valley?   Answer Question

Sales Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattermark (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Applied online and heard back really quickly. Set up initial phone screen. Basic behavioral stuff. Was told I'd hear back at the end of the week. I did.
    People seemed very nice. Genuinely seemed interested in my background. In the end, there was lack of a fit. Definitely a good opportunity