Max & Erma's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Max & Erma's Restaurants

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Canton, MI).

Interview

Ask me questions about.my background in cooking and how long I have been cooking.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Waited for a long time. Manager ate while interviewing me. Talked about tv shows, which had nothing to do with the interview. It was extremely easy to get the job. there were two interviews and they both were poorly conducted.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Fairfield, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they called me within a week. Came in for the interview, asked me a few questions about past experience and setup a second interview with the GM. Pretty much same thing in second interview and was offered a job at the end.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day asking to come into an interview. I did and got a second interview with the main manager. At the end I was offered the position. The interview was pretty easy, they explained what went into being a hostess and it did sound like a lot.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springboro, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Springboro, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Got an application and they called me about a month later when their was an opening. Got two interviews and got offered the job at the end of the second one.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Cleveland, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I asked for an application and filled it out at the restaurant. When I turned it in, I was asked availability for an interview. I set up an interview the next day with the general manager. The next day, we had the interview in the restaurant during a slow time for the establishment. It did not last too long, and I was offered the position at the end of the interview. I started working either that week or the beginning of the next week.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Dayton, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with the District Manager and interviewed on site. Max & Erma's was always great about promoting from within if possible. (At least in the Dayton area). The District Manager was very open and friendly. We discussed job descriptions, scheduling, working weekends, and the Max & Erma culture.

Interview Questions

• What was my availability for scheduling? Weekends were definitely part of the job description.   Answer Question

Busser/Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Des Peres, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

came sat down asked is there any limitations to my avalibility. i said no..and got hired that was all.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Norfolk, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was told at the beginning there would be three interviews. My first interview was the most professionally conducted by a junior member of management. Second interview was conducted by a Long time manager from before the location was taken over as a franchise. Both interviews were polite and easy going. One could have felt comfortable arriving in jeans with a clean polo and semi casual shoes as opposed to more typical interview attire. There was no third interview. The second interview within five minutes turned into a casual conversation about similar experiences within the industry. After leaving what was apparently a good impression this manager decided to hire me. Interview process was easy and fast.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants (Lansing, MI) in January 2013.

good