McAfee Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by face to face. Various technical questions on oo programming and scripting. Asked to write few scripts in python/Perl. Technical test on an application. Asked me to come over for interview for half a day long process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the Project Manger and the Team Leads of both the Development and Testing Departments. After enquiring about the current position and previous experinece, they conducted a written test to analyze my basic programming skills and grasp over the thoretical aspect of it. Later, a machine test was conducted by providing three problems with increasing level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding the data structures, functions and network programming   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Noida (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Total bogus, they first ask you to give interview as early as possible , once you go through all the process, they ask for your important document like salary slip, information of your current manager , then they don't reply your mail and phone without even giving feedback and after 1 month of ignorance and continuous mailing, they says company policies are changed so sorry for this time...

Interview Questions

• Binary Search Tree, Algorithms, Linked list   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They took months to process and then asked for my background check but proceed with other candidate even though background check was clear.

Interview Questions

• They asked to write code on white board.
      Question : write the algorithm for word file history.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

1. First Round will be Telephonic (Technical Discussion)
    2. Second Reound (F2F) (Exploring about Expierence)
    3. Machine Coding (3-5 programs) (Threading, String Manipluation, OOPS concepts)
    4. Hiring Manager (Interest towards the company)
    5. HR round (Discussion about CTC and joining date and the policies)

Interview Questions

• Multi Threading concepts in Java, OOPS concepts in java, Web Technology, Design patters, Basic SQL queries, String manipulation programs   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

First round is technical round. They are asking C# basic questions,Linq,Xml queries.
    Third round is managerial round and most of the questions related to testing questions

Interview Questions

• Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml....   Answer Question