MedPro Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

3.1

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying you will most likely have a phone interview then if they are interested they will invite you for an in-person interview. If they want you then they will offer you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were facing adversity and tell me how you overcame that adversity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard with the questions such as why this job, why leaving current, why not returning to a previous similar company, strengths, weaknesses, describe leadership style, etc... However, they did also ask questions of me about the company because they had sent me some background material to read. Although I was not offered the position, I did find out that they had only hired internally.

Interview Questions

• We work in a very team oriented environment. How would you handle a fellow team member who is not completing their work?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional interview setting. One jerk who was apart of interview process kept interrupting me and then refused to shake my hand afterwards. After the interview process I asked why I was not selected and I wasn't given an answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any felonies or driving infractions in the past 2 yrs?   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

A telephone call to schedule a telephone interview in 2 weeks. This was followed by an email to schedule an in-person interview with management at headquarters. Met with several top managers, directors, CFO and CEO. The process lasted almost 4 hours. Waited about 4 weeks for a decision. Everyone was courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience dealing with coverage issues?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

It is somewhat lengthy, but I felt like they know what they want and it's important that they get the right fit for positions. The first interview I met with the hiring manager for the applied position and her team leader. They made sure that I understood the job description and gave me a lot of information about where they felt the company was going.

The second interview I met with the HR manager, CFO & CEO. I honestly felt great about the interview. Everyone was very personable and friendly. I left the interview feeling that whether or not I got an offer this company would be great to work for!

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   1 Answer

Manual Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

After submitting your resume, application and school transcript you have an interview with others from the department and the supervisor, the next interview is with the management staff, the HR mgr, Vice President of the department, CEO and then president, if you make it that far your doing good, 2 days after final interview I was offered the job, considerably less money than I wanted or had previously been paid.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what FLOAT&T is and why it's important.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

After applying for the job, I received an email to set up an interview. During the interview I met with five separate managers, including the CEO and HR leader. Everyone was very friendly, and each meeting lasted about 20 minutes. A few of the meetings were 2:1 and a few were 1:1.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about Medical Protective, how my schooling and job experience related to the job, and if I intend on working there for a long time.   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MedPro Group.

Interview

Contacted by email for interest in interviewing me, scheduled about two weeks out. Two group interviews (Ruth & Alicia, Amy & Robin). Awesome women. I am currently happily employed so I tried to get an accurate picture of whether I would enjoy MedPro and the ladies were wonderful. I was contacted again about a week later for a second interview a week out. I had four independent interviews with Leslie, Mark, Dan, and Kim. I felt that they all went very well and was very excited about the opportunity. Exactly two weeks later I received an email letting me know I did not get the position. I believe the only interview I was not prepared for was with Mark. I had a long list of questions that were all answered by other interviewers, however Mark expected me to direct the interview rather than asking me questions. I struggled with coming up with enough for a 30 minute session, although I believed I did alright. Really disappointed, as I thought it was a great fit and I thought I would get along well with everyone I met. Seems like a good company to build a career.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the insurance industry with a major background in sales?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

2 interviews with multiple people, got an offer the day of the second interview. Process was easy. Did have to take a drug test to get looked at as a candidate.

Healthcare Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MedPro Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy, involving a great amount of time, effort, and personal expense, traveling from out of state to Fort Wayne, IN at my own expense...followed by a full day of in-person interviews in Fort Wayne, IN. Everyone was friendly, polite, and intelligent... Michelle a specialist in HR, was exceptional, as well as the CMO Graham, Joyce & Rachel in Risk, and Beth as a computer data wiz! The headquarters do look like a mental asylum, outdated and odd for such a wealthy company owned by Warren Buffett. It is true that the CEO wants to personally interview everyone.

Salary was not mentioned or discussed (but they certainly wanted my salary history and pointed it out that I left it blank on my application - I did this intentionally) until the in-person meeting with the HR Director....this should have been a red flag to me. I did read the Glassdoor reviews beforehand to prepare, they all state the salary is NOT competitive, so I was somewhat prepared. I finally initiated the salary range discussion, and was given a very low salary range. Had I known this, I probably would have declined the interviews. ++Note to self - if they don't discuss it initially, the hiring manager says "I don't know, talk to HR", and then HR dances around the question when you directly inquire... you should be concerned++.

The salary range I was finally given might be OK if you live in Ft. Wayne, but certainly not competitive if you live elsewhere, especially for a consulting position where you would be flying around and traveling up to 50-75% of the time. They did ask for my prior school transcripts, as a JD I found that strange/awkward; sent them a copy of my JD diploma instead. I have a Bachelors and Master's as well, but they didn't ask for those transcripts. HR should do away with asking for school transcripts when you have your Bachelors & Master's in Science and a Law Degree, it's easy for them to call and verify the many years I attended and my graduation dates.

After each round of interviews, I sent several sincere thank you notes (I did enjoy the people and had considered if I would be willing to take a significant pay-cut). I waited, then inquired as to the outcome... is it a yes, no, or maybe... and received a variety of reasons why a decision was not reached yet...decision makers on vacation, then the next one was on vacation, then a big symposium coming up, then planning for a big meeting with Doctors, etc... this continued for several weeks into over a month.

I had decided after a month of waiting after interviewing all the way up to the CEO, that this lack of follow up, and apparent inability to make a decision that I was experiencing in the interview process is reflective of the company as a whole, and it was disturbing. I decided to take on another project and go with another company, and was at the point of withdrawing my candidacy since it was the right thing to do since several months had passed and I was no longer available to work for them (honestly, it felt like I was being jerked around for lack of a better term, and given many "excuses" and that certainly leaves a bad impression). I ended up writing a final email for closure, it was professional and candid, still curious if they needed additional information, paperwork, references, etc... or had reached a decision. That afternoon (the quickest I had ever received a response), I received an email from a HR employee (not even from the HR Director, hiring managers or even a phone call from anyone) indicating an offer would not be made, no explanation. I should have written back and THANKED them, they made the decision for me - I was relieved. After my negative interview experiences, I cannot recommend this company to a colleague.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your greatest accomplishment, and your greatest disappointment? Your strengths and your weaknesses? What would your friends say about you? Give an example of a time you...(insert specific skill set, critical thinking situation)...   Answer Question