Medecision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medecision Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Manager, Client Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medecision (Wayne, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Extensive interview process - I had gone through six interviews (four 30-60 minute phone interviews along with two in-person interviews), and was told that I could expect three more on top of this. Twice I met with people in person who I already had spoken with over the phone, with no real purpose for this second interview.

I was excited about this opportunity and the multiple interviews helped me better understand the organizational culture. But it seemed excessive overall, particularly when I was told after six interviews and more than a week of waiting that I was over-qualified for the position. This seems like the kind of observation one could make earlier in the interview process (maybe by interview #3?) and left a bad taste in my mouth.

The recruiter and HR staff I worked with were very responsive and accommodating. The interviews themselves were light and conversational, less focused on behavioral interview questions and more on the job responsibilities and my own experience.

I enjoyed the process but the ultimate outcome was disappointing and made me question if it had all been worth the time. I would have rated this overall experience as negative had I not been for the friendly Medecision employees I interacted with over this two month period.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about my experience relative to specific aspects required for the role.   Answer Question

Medecision Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Chief People Officer

We interview so many talented candidates. Culture fit matters to us and we want someone to think we're as right for them as they are for us. We are thankful for your interest in Medecision and we... More

Event Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Medecision (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The six weeks process started with the standard phone screening, followed by an in person interview with a team member, followed by two additional phone interviews with management and senior leadership and finally a half day of in person interviews with the marketing team, management and senior leadership. Throughout the process it was obviously that this is a company that cares about it's culture and finding the right person for the job, rather than just finding a body to fill out space. Even though they decided to pursue other candidates, I was grateful for the opportunity and valuable feedback I received during/after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were "standard/typical" interview questions. Almost all of my interviews flowed like a thoughtful conversation rather than what you would think of a typical interview.   Answer Question

Director - Market Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medecision (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone screens with multiple members of the existing team and HR personnel
    2. In person 1:1 interviews that focused specifically on the role description and the work done in the company.
    3. A group interview that implicitly tested my experience with respect to the job requirements.
    4. Case study/homework assignment to specifically test my thinking/approach to problem solving
    5. 1:1 phone interviews with the members of the executive leadership team

Interview Questions

• The interview was much more of a dialogue, rather than a pointed Q and A. Interviewers certainly evaluated the depth and complexity of my questions to them and gauged my level of preparation/understanding of the company's product and functions of the role.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist/People and Culture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medecision (Wayne, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 phone screens, 30 minutes each. An onsite interview with 4 employees, roughly 3 hours. A final phone screen with the CEO, 30 minutes. Very smooth interview process; all 5 phases were completed within 2 weeks. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and clear communicators.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medecision.

Interview

Very fluid, open and candid. This is a company of seasoned professionals, be well prepared. I had to iterview with the hiring manager first, then the whole team, and then two of the leadership teams.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fluid and honest

Vice President Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medecision.

Interview

Recruiter showed no depth or understanding of the position, couldn't articulate the reporting relationship, organizational structure, goal of the position, articulate how the role fit in the strategy and had an overall significant level of incompetence. Suggested my questions were valid and that she would find answers. No other candidate asked these questions. How is that possible? Who are they looking at? How does she not have any real insight into the role.

One of the worst interviewers I've encountered. Have they read Top Grading?

Interview Questions

• No tough questions. She had no answers to logical and important questions on my end.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medecision in August 2014.

Interview

Cumbersome - I phone screened with 3 different managers after my initial interview and before meeting with the CEO. The questions were average, but I felt that most of the interviewers didn't know much about the company's core competencies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was brief. My advice is to push for 10% of above expected market average. Too high and the company will move on.

Marketing Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medecision (Wayne, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Within 2 days of applying through LinkedIn to the Marketing Services Manager position with Medecision, I was contacted directly by the VP of Marketing and we scheduled an onsite interview. I thought it was a bit unorthodox to go right from an application to an onsite interview without a phone interview, but I jumped at the opportunity to meet directly with the VP.

We spoke at great length about the position, company and my career goals and how my experience complimented the marketing position. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but our conversion flowed to well, the hiring manager cancelled a meeting she had scheduled in order for us to be able to continue the interview.

As the interview concluded, I was told that a decision would be made quickly (within a couple of weeks). I sent an email thanking the hiring manager for her time and reiterated my interest in the company and the open position. I received no response. Two weeks after my onsite interview, I inquired about the status of the interview process. I received no response. It has been almost 2 months since my interview and I have heard nothing.

In my opinion, if you ask a candidate to invest the time to come onsite for a face-to-face interview, the professional course of action would be to inform the candidate of the outcome. That, in and of itself, has deterred me from wanting to work at the company and/or recommend the company to others.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were standard. I was asked about my experience, my goals and what I knew about the company.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medecision (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online. WIthin 2 weeks got a mail asking to schedule a phone interview with HR.
    The phone went well. For almost 40 mins, was asked general questions on my past work experience.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medecision (Wayne, PA).

Interview

Interviewed by hiring manager, then by four other senior team members. Questions were basic behavioral and some technical. I was offered the position in less than two weeks.