Mellow Mushroom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mellow Mushroom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

1.4

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview

Fill out a form that had personality questions. Also, met with a manager to discuss previous experience, what you're looking for, and to see if you'd fit in with the environment.

Interview Questions

• What would be your excuse for being late?   1 Answer

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

I do not really remember. It was a few years ago. The manager was very nice to me and I liked him. I just told him why I am qualified for the job.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Anderson, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

i went in and talked to the hostess and she said he'd be with me in a second. i sat down at a table and 10 minutes later my manager comes to me and we talked for about 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• why did i want to work there   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Sat down with the hiring manager and got hired on the spot. The manager at the time didn't ask me many questions. I had just graduated from college and needed to make some quick money while searching for another employer but I ended up loving the culture there. So, I decided to stay for a few years.

Pizza Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy. If you know your way around a kitchen you should be able to catch on. Recipes are easy and cleaning is a breeze if you can follow corporate policies.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Spring, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was short and concise. Since I already knew the hiring manager for few years, and also the general manager. My experience may be shorter and different from others due to the fact a majority of the questions usually asked management already knew.

Interview Questions

• Any plans to continue your education?   1 Answer
    • Is your availability open. And can we call you in with short notice to cover peoples shifts.   1 Answer
    • Do you have or can you get a Texas food handler's license.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was simple, direct, even speedy. My first and only interview was with the General Manager. I was hired on the spot and asked to go in the next day to complete new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Coralville, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Sat down with GM, went over my qualifications quickly. Was told they needed a bartender so I agreed. Bar manager came over, said I had the job. They did not do a background check or even verify my I9, I had to remind them to do that part.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything crazy going on in your life?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evans, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Evans, GA).

Interview

Called for a f2f interview. Asked about my past work experience. Very laid back. Received an offer the same day. Overall is was a very easy interview. I was never made to feel intimidated.

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview

The interview process couldn't have been easier. I applied online, and got a call 5 days later asking to set up an interview the next day. All I did was sit down with the manager while he chatted a bit about my availability and what the job is like. I don't have any previous work experience, and he hired me on the spot! The whole process took about 5 minutes.