Mellow Mushroom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

1.4

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Sat down with the hiring manager and got hired on the spot. The manager at the time didn't ask me many questions. I had just graduated from college and needed to make some quick money while searching for another employer but I ended up loving the culture there. So, I decided to stay for a few years.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evans, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Evans, GA).

Interview

Called for a f2f interview. Asked about my past work experience. Very laid back. Received an offer the same day. Overall is was a very easy interview. I was never made to feel intimidated.

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview

The interview process couldn't have been easier. I applied online, and got a call 5 days later asking to set up an interview the next day. All I did was sit down with the manager while he chatted a bit about my availability and what the job is like. I don't have any previous work experience, and he hired me on the spot! The whole process took about 5 minutes.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Rockville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Walked in wearing nice clothes and the hiring manager came out I brought my resume and he looked at it and I answered some questions and he told me to come back the next morning to start training.

Interview Questions

• what are your experiences working in a restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in May 2016.

Interview

I walked in on a Monday and spoke with the day manager. Then I went home immediately and filled out an online application. By Friday I had an interview, and by the following Monday, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a group interview and very interesting to say the least. It was super laid back, fun, and well... mellow. It took about thirty minutes long and there were three other people interviewing with me. On a piece of paper, we had to write down our name, number, availability, and a fun fact about ourselves. The questions I got asked were about music I listened to, places I would travel to, how I would handle a zombie apocalypse, and a cube I found in the desert. Super cool. There was, however, at the very end a scenario that would be typical of a restaurant environment: busy, loud, chaotic. We were asked to explain how we would handle a situation as such.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back and easy interview, I was offered the job after a 20 conversation with the General Manager. I had to go back one more time to fill out all the paperwork and tax forms.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Athens, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I came dressed in business attire and initially applied for the position of waiter online. I called and told them that I had put in an application and they asked me to come in for an interview. I went in and the manager asked me some basic interview questions and then it was over. I was offered the job on the spot and started the same week.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Oxford, AL).

Interview

If you are pretty, flirty and/or charming you will get this job. You go to the restaurant and speak with either the general manager or the night manager. They ask you a few service-industry related questions. You will get a tour of the restaurant if they are seriously considering hiring you. It was important to be clean, punctual and articulate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick and painless interview process. just show up with a good attitude and a smile. Just a basic one on one sit down interview with nothing asked that will make you think hard. I went in for the interview on a Tuesday they told me to come back for my first day on thursday.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview

I went in to the restaurant in person and was told that all applications are handled through their website. I went home and answered the necessary questions on the online application and submitted a resume. I received a phone call within a few days and was told I had the job and to come in to discuss availability and orientation.