Meltwater Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meltwater Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

initially started out as a group interview setting with around 25 people. during this you had the chance to speak 3 different times. after this it was then narrowed down and called back for an individual interview later in the afternoon

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater in March 2017.

Interview

1st round- phone screen by manager
    2nd round- group interview with about 10 other people. Make a passion speech, biggest accomplishment speech. Pitch a company with a group.
    3rd- If you are called back then you have an interview with director and managers (4 people) Mock sales call, strengths & weaknesses

In all, it was a tough process. Very nerve racking/on the spot type. But I think they are looking for people that can be put on the spot and show confidence and ability to think on feet.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It started with a brief phone interview with corporate and then I had another phone interview with the office manager. After that I was invited to an open house at their office.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of situations that show you're ambitious.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

After the initial application process, you'll speak with a team member for an initial phone screening call. Once you've done that you're invited back for a group informational session. They'll discuss the company's products and introduce their team. After that, there is a formal group interview where you will do a passion speech and speak about something you're proud of yourself for. You will then move on to the one on one more formal interviews.

The entire process felt a little juvenile. This would be a great job for someone recently out of college. I wouldn't recommend this for someone more established in their career.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your background. What is something you are passionate about?   Answer Question

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I got an email to set up a 15-30 min phone interview and the lady requested we do it the following Monday (6 days after the email) at 5:30pm. I felt a little confused as to why it needed to be so late and if it was just a phone screen then why did I have to wait 6 days. The woman emailed me at 5:30 that day and asked if I could still chat, after I said yes she then said she needed to push the convo for another hour. She called at 6:45 and spoke to me for 10 minutes where she asked no questions about me. She invited me to the meet and greet for Wednesday and hung up. She told me no info about the meet and greet and she knew I was going to have to come from out of town.

The next day she emails me very general info about the meet and greet (when and where) and that is it. I spent a good amount of money on transportation to the meet and greet. I chatted and asked questions with about 20ish other candidates. It was very casual and actually very fun (if you aren't a sorority or fraternity person then you might not fit in). Then I left. I heard nothing from them after. I emailed to say thank you and emailed a week later to check in and received no email back. Overall, the company is a very unprofessional and young. Don't apply if you are over 30. No one was older than 28-29.

Sales Consultant - Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Once you submit your resume you get a phone interview. You speak with someone from the company as an initial screening. They want to make sure that you understand the position is going to involve cold calls and hard work. When you pass the phone interview you get invited to a group interview. It involved 8 people in a large conference room. The first half of the interview you learn about the company. The second half of the interview is the hands on portion. You split into 2 different teams of 4 and do a small pitch of why the softwear would be good for the company you chose to pitch. You also do a lot of standing up in front of the room giving 1-2 minute speeches. Not great if you're not really good at public speaking. If you make it past the group interview you get the individual interview later.

Interview Questions

• Q: give a 1 min speech about something your passionate about
      Q: tell us in 2 mins something you're most proud of yourself for
      Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process began with introduction at career fair. Afterwards was put in touch with a hiring manager and was invited to participate in a group interview. Very casual environment, hiring managers encouraged relaxation as every individual gave two individual speeches as well as one group sales pitch regarding the utilization of the meltwater media intelligence software towards a relevant company. After this two hour process, select candidates are called back for individual interviews. This stage is undoubtedly more intense as you are directly speaking with anywhere from 2-4 hiring managers at one time. This is a sales role, you are expected to sell yourself and this is exactly what this portion of the interview consists of; questions, comments and concerns are touched upon accompanied by a variety of different sales pitch situations. You must do research and know the relative basics of the company if you hope to do well in this portion and come off as an impressive candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the toughest obstacle you've thus far encountered in your life?

How would you define your role as a leader/team player?

What would you say your biggest weaknesses are? How do you combat these weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

At Meltwater there is a three step process; phone call, group interview and then a second panel interview. There is also an open house you can attend if invited to.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

First you do a phone call with one of their managers and it is fairly easy questions. If you do well they invite you to a company networking event where you go to their office and meet the group then lastly you do a group style interview with a panel at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very intense, but not at all intimidating. I was first chosen to a group interview, where we were told about the company, and then given a number of tasks to be performed in smaller group. We were however all in the same room at all times. After this about a half of the 16 applicants were invited back to the individual interviews. The individual interviews have the same panel of interviewers from the group interview, and I was asked to reflect myself on the 6 different criteria of their recruitment (teamwork, intelligence, sociable etc.). I was then asked to perform a sales call and a sales meeting with little time to prepare.