Meltwater Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meltwater Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

Did a phone interview with HR and was then scheduled for another interview with two managers in the group. They had basic questions. I was then invited to come to the office to attend a happy hour and meet the employees there and the other applicants for the same position. Most of the selected applicants were men with only a few women.

I was then called to come in for another interview with the same managers and a manager from another office that I would be reporting to. I had a lot of experience, most than the rest of the applicants, yet it felt like they didn't trust my abilities as a female and didn't believe I could have tough conversations with others. I knew that no matter what I said, they would never believe me since they already made up their mind about what I could and could not do.

Interview Questions

• What is your one weakness that is not the typical answer most give?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews then I was invited to the group interview. There were 3 members of management there and they each gave an overview of the company. Each interviewee had to introduce themselves for 3 minutes and include a special event or accomplishment in there life. Then they gave us a group exercise where we had to work together to put a 4 minute pitch together for a company that's recently bee in the news. Then each interviewer gave a 1 minute presentation on why you should try their personal passion. I can't speak to the one on one interview because I wasn't invited to that part of the process. Even though I didn't move on, I though the group interview was fun.

Client Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After a few phone calls, I was called in to do a group recruiting interview. I was told that I should come prepared to do presentations etc., so I spent a great deal of time researching Meltwater, the industry, and its competitors to be thoroughly prepared for the interview. I was very disappointed to find that the event itself was more of a popularity contest that felt like a stand-up comedian audition rather than a professional interview. Not only that, but after all the preparation I put into it I didn't even get an opportunity to have a one-on-one interview. I felt it reflected poorly on the company to expect someone to take an entire day off of their current job to not even give them an opportunity to answer a single question aside from "get up and tell me something fun about yourself" type of stuff.

Overall disappointing and a waste of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Give a 2-minute presentation on one of your hobbies or passions   Answer Question

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

If you've read other Glassdoor reviews, you'll know the interview process is strange. I applied online and did not receive a message back until a month later. The process consisted of a phone interview and an in-person interview (group portion followed by an individual evaluation). While the phone interview with the Talent Director was great, I would say it shied away from the fact that this isn't the traditional Client Success/post-sales Account Management position -- it's a quota-carrying sales role, flat out. It's even lumped in with the Client Acquisition sales department. The group interview happened several weeks after my initial phone interview, and I could immediately tell it wouldn't be a good fit personally. Honestly, I thought it was a scam with the "great pay and benefits!" sign outside of the door and the frequent mentioning of how experience didn't matter. There were also unlimited spots to fill -- if candidates were impressive enough, they said they'd bring on everyone.

My group consisted of 12 candidates, a Talent Director, a Regional Manager, and a Managing Director. Primarily, of recent college grads or young adults interested in a new career path (i.e., two former NFL dancers, ex-military, etc.). The first half was spent learning more about the company and the Client Acquisition/Client Success positions. The second half was for the candidates -- we were asked to introduce ourselves and speak about our greatest achievement, do a group exercise pitching a company that could use Meltwater, and to "sell" our favorite hobby to the group. They then dismissed the group and called candidates back for individual interviews if they were interested. My individual interview lasted over an hour and was more intense. I did two mock scenarios/calls, and was repeatedly asked about my drive and why I wanted to be in sales (I have a background in SaaS Customer Success and thought that's what this position was primarily -- not sales). I received a rejection email the next day saying I was highly qualified but that they hired based on the "chemistry of the current team" and environment. The one other person from my group with SaaS experience received the same email.

Overall, this IS a typical sales role and they're looking for hungry self-starters that they can mold to make them money (that's not a bad thing -- just not what I was looking for and not like the other account management/success roles I've held). The sales aspect took precedent in the interview process over any other relevant or necessary skills, so be prepared to talk a lot about that. Another Glassdoor review mentions being flashy, and that's on par with what they're expecting. The candidates that demonstrated the biggest personalities seemed like they'd be the best fit. (Believe me, I'm outgoing with a big personality. But... professionalism, amirite?)

Interview Questions

• In-depth discussions into each of my previous roles and why I left.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Meltwater? Tell us more about your drive. Why do you want to be in sales? What do you do for fun outside of work?   Answer Question
    • They listed out the names of all of the other candidates one by one and had you explain if you'd hire them or not. (Ouch!)   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail within a few days to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The questions were not tricky but the attitude of the recruiter was not very welcoming or encouraging which impacted my answers during the phone interview. I'm sure there are a variety of recruiters but the person who interviewed me was just cold so I had to put more energy into the phone interview in my attempt to do well and she did not seem impressed and I did not hear from her after the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Are you competitive? Strengths and weaknesses? What do you know about Meltwater?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant - International Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meltwater (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I originally talked to Meltwater at a career fair, and talked to them about their company. They followed up with me and invited me to participate in a 30-minute phone interview with the Managing Director. The Managing Director asked me a few questions about my interest in the company, and she outlined the position that I was interviewing for and the day to day responsibilities. After the 30 minute phone interview, they invited me into the office for a 2 hour group interview. There were 4 other people in the group interview with me, and it was very informal. They gave a presentation to us about the company, the culture, and what the position entails. Then, each of us talked a little bit about ourselves and gave a sales pitch. After we left, they told us that they would follow up within the hour as to whether we would be called back for an individual interview or not. I was not invited back for the individual interview, but overall, I enjoyed the interview process.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a unique interview process. There were several steps to the process that occurred over the course of about 3 weeks. It first started with an open house in which they invite all of the candidates that they are interested in to come to their office and to get the opportunity for two hours to speak with the current employees that are in that division to get to learn more. There is also a small video that gives some more background information on the company. The next part of the process was a group interview with the remaining interested candidates where they tell you more about the company (TAKE NOTES!!). They will have you speak about yourself and then break up into groups and choose a company and discuss why that company could use Meltwater's products. If you make it past this round, congrats, but don't celebrate too quickly because they will bring you back in the afternoon of that day to have an interview with their team and you. Mine was 5 Meltwater employees and myself. They will ask a variety of questions and have you do a mock sales call.

Interview Questions

• In 30 seconds describe something that you are passionate about. Make us feel that passion, be descriptive.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in the Austin office. They were extremely disorganized beforehand, and rescheduled on me more than once. I came in for a final round interview that lasted 1.5 hours or so and I spoke with two people. I thought they asked fair questions and it seemed like a good group of people, but they never got back to me about the job, even after emailing them a few times, which was very frustrating.

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

Came to the office and sat through a long lecture from the leadership on site. Then we were asked to introduce ourselves, pitch a passion, and do a mock pitch. Overall it was a fine experience. The interviewers were a little bit pompous, but no big deal. My only issue with the interview was the fact that we were there for a 2 hour group interview, but it seemed that we only got a chance to speak or do anything for no longer than 2 minutes or so. Seemed like a bit of a waste of time or energy for everyone involved at that rate. Overall, a good company, but not sure I'd keep the same interview format.

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY).

Interview

Language skill test first. I need to summarize a Chinese news into English. This round was followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Our conversation lasts about 40 mins. She seems to be really interested in my backgrounds. One day later, I had another phone interview with the team leader. Then I was invited to attend the Mingle Session which will happen in just a few days.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you have different opinions with your coworkers?   Answer Question