Meltwater Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meltwater Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.2

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

Came to the office and sat through a long lecture from the leadership on site. Then we were asked to introduce ourselves, pitch a passion, and do a mock pitch. Overall it was a fine experience. The interviewers were a little bit pompous, but no big deal. My only issue with the interview was the fact that we were there for a 2 hour group interview, but it seemed that we only got a chance to speak or do anything for no longer than 2 minutes or so. Seemed like a bit of a waste of time or energy for everyone involved at that rate. Overall, a good company, but not sure I'd keep the same interview format.

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (New York, NY).

Interview

Language skill test first. I need to summarize a Chinese news into English. This round was followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Our conversation lasts about 40 mins. She seems to be really interested in my backgrounds. One day later, I had another phone interview with the team leader. Then I was invited to attend the Mingle Session which will happen in just a few days.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you have different opinions with your coworkers?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process took about 2+ weeks. I had a phone interview and then was invited to an open house and from there was invited to a 2 on 1 interview. Also, I was asked to create a presentation with their information.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Lengthy and nerve-wrecking. HR is friendly overall and replies promptly. The process is jusy very drawn out and misleading at times. I did appreciate the interview experience overall but wish I had been given more feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Very heavy on personality questions (What do you do for fun?)   Answer Question

Multimedia Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview within a couple a days. HR manager was very nice and made it seem like I was very qualified for position and made the position sound very interesting and fun. I was invited to the next round which was an open house at the company.

The open house was essentially getting to meet several employees there while mingling with other candidates. The whole open house was not very organized... it was clear several employees did not want to be there and really didn't care about what they were talking about with the candidates. Additionally, there were several cliques of circles which made the open house similar to a sorority rush. Was really excited for the open house but left not very confident.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

initially started out as a group interview setting with around 25 people. during this you had the chance to speak 3 different times. after this it was then narrowed down and called back for an individual interview later in the afternoon

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater in March 2017.

Interview

1st round- phone screen by manager
    2nd round- group interview with about 10 other people. Make a passion speech, biggest accomplishment speech. Pitch a company with a group.
    3rd- If you are called back then you have an interview with director and managers (4 people) Mock sales call, strengths & weaknesses

In all, it was a tough process. Very nerve racking/on the spot type. But I think they are looking for people that can be put on the spot and show confidence and ability to think on feet.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It started with a brief phone interview with corporate and then I had another phone interview with the office manager. After that I was invited to an open house at their office.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of situations that show you're ambitious.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

After the initial application process, you'll speak with a team member for an initial phone screening call. Once you've done that you're invited back for a group informational session. They'll discuss the company's products and introduce their team. After that, there is a formal group interview where you will do a passion speech and speak about something you're proud of yourself for. You will then move on to the one on one more formal interviews.

The entire process felt a little juvenile. This would be a great job for someone recently out of college. I wouldn't recommend this for someone more established in their career.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your background. What is something you are passionate about?   Answer Question

Client Success Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meltwater.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I got an email to set up a 15-30 min phone interview and the lady requested we do it the following Monday (6 days after the email) at 5:30pm. I felt a little confused as to why it needed to be so late and if it was just a phone screen then why did I have to wait 6 days. The woman emailed me at 5:30 that day and asked if I could still chat, after I said yes she then said she needed to push the convo for another hour. She called at 6:45 and spoke to me for 10 minutes where she asked no questions about me. She invited me to the meet and greet for Wednesday and hung up. She told me no info about the meet and greet and she knew I was going to have to come from out of town.

The next day she emails me very general info about the meet and greet (when and where) and that is it. I spent a good amount of money on transportation to the meet and greet. I chatted and asked questions with about 20ish other candidates. It was very casual and actually very fun (if you aren't a sorority or fraternity person then you might not fit in). Then I left. I heard nothing from them after. I emailed to say thank you and emailed a week later to check in and received no email back. Overall, the company is a very unprofessional and young. Don't apply if you are over 30. No one was older than 28-29.