Mercedes-Benz USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercedes-Benz USA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Auburn, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

1) Online Application 2) Next day received response 3) scheduled interview online via Handshake application 4) completed a face to face interview.
    *2 people interviewed me
    *No non-traditional interview questions were asked (Animals or Colors or Geography related)

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to work with someone who did not like you? Or if there was a conflict? How did you overcame it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to explain something to someone that was already frustrated with the topic. How did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had multiple things due at the same. How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Business Management Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from HR calls you and asks you a few questions to see if you are a good fit for the company. They will ask about salary requirements during the phone screening. They didn't seem to be flexible with salary range.

Retail Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Do not bother applying for Mercedes-Benz their new location in Atlanta is a way over crowded with no parking for the employees. For a position that requires 5 to 7 years experience the offer for salary was $47,000 far below industry standard they think they can get away with this because of the name. After interviewing they had not made a decision now 4 months later and hiring Manager stated decision would be made within 2 weeks. HORRIBLE COMPANY. Recruiter states they are still going through the process 4 months later

Service Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a two part interview where I met with two managers on one day and came in the next to meet with the General Manager. Overall it was a friendly experience and welcoming staff. Out of prior interviews at establishments this was by far one my well liked experiences.

Service Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Quick and simple, they didn't ask much. They just want to know of you capable to work with them and if you are a hard worker. Just be yourself and tell them how you will handle the job and why they should hire you.

Roadside Agenet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Montvale, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online then contacted by the recruiter to submit my availability to confirm my schedule was a fit for the open shift work. After my availability was confirmed the recruiter scheduled a thirty minute call to go over my resume, discussed the job in detail, reviewed the company incentives, outlined the process from start to finish, and the assessment processed was explained on the phone and an instructions email was provided by the recruiter. The recruiter followed up with me to confirm receipt of the completed assessments and next steps in the process was explained again in detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain work history./
      Asked me if I had any questions about the job once the job description was reviewed.
      Asked me if I had any questions about the assessment process.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had to take the Wonderlic, complete a one-sided video interview, as well as Excel and Powerpoint tests. The Excel and Powerpoint tests don't use the newest version of the software, and they are also only the PC version so Mac users: brush up on the PC versions. Had 2 phone interviews before heading to corporate for a panel interview. They like to have applicants interview for as many different relevant positions as possible. If they like you but you're not a good fit for one position, they'll keep you in mind when other positions pop up. Everyone was extremely nice and the interviews were pleasant.

Interview Questions

Pay wasn't very good after considering Georgia taxes, even though the benefits package was wonderful. The job itself also wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Roadside Assistance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Montvale, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Started through applying online, simple application. Then moved onto communciation through email. They asked for my availability schedule and then a second application. This continued to a phone interview where they mostly just explained the job to me and asked if I was interested in continuing the process. After that they had a video interview consisting of 3 questions. The wonderlic personality test and a typing test. After completing all three of those they were in contact to schedule and in person interview at their corporate office in Montvale, NJ. Five applicants showed up. One female, four males. All but one male were wearing full suits. Dress professionally. The interview had 3 parts. A group exercise to see how well we worked as a team being complete strangers and competitors. After that they showed a video of MBUSA's progression and asked for one work to describe the video (which would be shared later on in the individual interview) and gave an example call of a Roadside Assistance call. After that the individual interviews started. They asked a few questions about history and why they should select you as a candidate. They then sat me down next to a roadside agent and I got to listen in and experience calls while asking questions to the agents themselves. After that they were in contact with a job offer and process. More applications, tax forms, Drug screening, background check, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Roadside Assistance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Montvale, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email stating that someone from HR would call me at a pre-determined date and time for a phone interview, and the phone interview will take approximately 30 minutes. I answered the call from MBUSA's HR rep at the scheduled time. The interviewer asked me some basic information, and then claimed that I was not the right person. This HR rep had no idea who I was and clearly did not have my resume or application in front of her. She put me on hold for several minutes, coming back on the line to tell me the interview was over (I was perplexed because she did not ask me anything other than my name), and to expect to receive a series of email assessments. The assessments were to be completed within a 2 day window and then I would be contacted for an in-person interview. Weeks went by and I heard nothing from MBUSA's HR department, until yesterday, when I received an email stating that they would be in contact with me by the end of the business day today to arrange for an in-person interview. P.S. - The day is over and I haven't heard from the HR rep. I found the interview process well below the level of professionalism that I expected from a brand like Mercedes Benz.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Montvale, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick thorough and informative in a comfortable setting. 2 step process phone interview followed by in person interview with HR and hiring manager, last step meeting with team. Employers have important information about the organization in all areas and gave me ample to time to go over my career background