Mercedes-Benz USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercedes-Benz USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Mercedes-Benz USA

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional and ridiculous. Initial phone screening. Then they ask you to take lengthy Excel, PowerPoint and Wonderlics tests-all of which are 50 questions each. The Excel and PowerPoint tests are dated and do not allow for shortcuts that most people proficient and both softwares are accustomed to. After spending hours on these you are asked to do an "selfie" type interview online in which you are given 3 questions and given 3 minutes to answer each question. The face to face interview went well given I was kept waiting a good length of time. After the interview I was given multiple promises of when a decision would be made but no communication unless I inquired. After 6 weeks and 3 promised dates of a decision I had to follow up myself to get communication and feedback. Total unprofessional for a company you would expect better service from. This experience alone showed me everything that glitters is not gold and Mercedes definitely as shown me that this is not a company any professional would want to work for. Lack of communication and follow up....and this is from newly hired HR/Talent Acquisition people? They have proven early they are not hiring the best!

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest strengths/weaknesses? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview.
    Was met by an engineer from the team who led me to a room with another engineer. The first kept a positive demeanor while the other was very standoffish and unpleasant.
    During the coding questions, the standoffish engineer kept whispering to the other engineer and threw me some glances that didn't come off as friendly.
    Overall it was not a friendly experience and I felt anxious during the process because of it.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the words in a given sentence   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Montvale, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview, just a conversation and explaining what I'll be doing. They were looking for someone who can come in and help while training them in the process. Again this wasn't really an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had to take the Wonderlic, complete a one-sided video interview, as well as Excel and Powerpoint tests. The Excel and Powerpoint tests don't use the newest version of the software, and they are also only the PC version so Mac users: brush up on the PC versions. Had 2 phone interviews before heading to corporate for a panel interview. They like to have applicants interview for as many different relevant positions as possible. If they like you but you're not a good fit for one position, they'll keep you in mind when other positions pop up. Everyone was extremely nice and the interviews were pleasant.

Interview Questions

Pay wasn't very good after considering Georgia taxes, even though the benefits package was wonderful. The job itself also wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Dunwoody, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

This interview was a group setting with 15 applicants. There was 6 different departments you interviewed for. I never knew what role I was interviewing for. The stations were in 7 minute intervals. You aren't able to speak to your experience much. They ask you SAT questions instead of traditional behavior or situation type questions. I felt good going into the interview but not the same when leaving. I received the denial email the same day as the interview. I asked for feedback from the company on my interview so I could improve for future opportunities and received an email back saying they could not provide feedback to me. That upset me and felt extremely unprofessional. I was not upset about not getting the job because it happens but no feedback left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls would fit inside a 747 plane?
      Guy shows you six photos and you tell him what you see in each.
      What's more important, the details or the big picture?
      What's more important, finishing on time or doing it correctly?
      You have 10 bags of M&M's and scale. One bad weighs different than the others but you can only use the scale one time. how do you figure out which one weighs different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had to complete online, an intelligence test, advanced excel and PowerPoint tests. Had to complete online psychological tests. These tests took hours to complete. The excel and PowerPoint were advanced and pretty hard. Then I had to do a video interview with 7 questions. You had 30 seconds to respond to the question and basically had to talk to your phone like you were talking to someone. A bit unnerving. Recruiter said I did great on the tests. I felt I did fine on the interview. Pretty basic questions. A week went by and I followed up. After 11 days I got a standard thank you for your time rejection email. The whole process was stressful and cold. No real correspondence. Very clinical. I feel like I totally wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you are very passionate about and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Rapid interview process. Phone interview lead to several test (ProveIt, Wonderlic, Office Suites). Upon completion of assessments, information was sent to hiring manager. Interview was scheduled, however, the hiring manager decided to go in a different direction for the position. I was informed less than 8 hours prior to the interview that it had been cancelled.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Speed dating type process, speaking to roughly 12 individuals for about 5 minutes each. Then went into a room and heard about Mercedes-Benz and completed a group activity.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in an jet?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

After emailing my resume, 1 on 1 in-person interview. Very casual interview at their corporate office. The interviewer was in jeans. Arrived 30 minutes early to sit in the lobby.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Initial HR phone based screening followed by a comprehensive interview based on the SHARE model. The SHARE model interview was carried out by 2 Project Managers in the department and was fairly straight forward and aligned on the questions that I had prepared.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me of a time when you were able to use your Leadership skills?
      Q. Tell me of a time when you were able to solve a complex problem?   Answer Question