Mercure Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercure Hotels

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mercure Hotels (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied sending my CV. An online Psychometric test was shown after that. I was contacted by telephone the next day. I was asked if I could go for an interview the following day. I was interviewed by two recruiter members. They were kind and everything was ok. The usual interview questionnaire: circa 30/35 minutes.
    I was successful, so I was contacted again for a second interview with the Manager. She seemed to be busy, she made about 4 or 5 questions. It lasted 10 minutes.
    I was sent an email a couple of days later to let me know that they were unable to offer me a job, and that it was a tough decision because of the high quality of the short listed candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?/ Why do you want this position? What do you know of the company? Are you planning to go on holidays or to take any courses in the future?   Answer Question

Duty Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercure Hotels in April 2014.

Interview

Semi-formal. Submit resume online and then shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview with two of the following: General Manager, HR Manager, Front Office Manager. They ask you what you know of the business and the global Accor Brand first so be sure to know about this.

Interview Questions

• Questions about customer service, dealing with difficult situations, complaints, stress, managing a team   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercure Hotels (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was phoned later to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of previous job experiences in a similar role. Asked me how to set a table, hold plates afterwards told me if I was successful will have to come in for a second interview. The second interview was basically an introduction to the company and what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• When have you given great customer service and how would you improve on it?   Answer Question

Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercure Hotels (Shrewsbury, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy, maybe had it been a more formal/office role it would have been harder. I was interviewed by the head chef who was fairly laid back, toured me around the working environments, explained what I could expect to be doing day to day, and was overall very friendly and easy to chat to.

Interview Questions

• Current role, reasons for wanting change, career aspirations, why I wanted to work for them etc, standard really   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercure Hotels (Winchester, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Very welcoming and friendly informal chat, asking about my work experiences. I have been shown around the hotel and have been explained what my duties will be and what the pay will be. Very professional and well organized interview.

Agent D'accueil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherbourg-Octeville (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercure Hotels (Cherbourg-Octeville (France)) in June 2015.

Interview

Entretien très bref avec une des personnes responsables des ressources humaines. Personne cordiale et attentive. Les questions qui m'ont été posées concernaient mes connaissances linguistiques et les précédentes experiences professionnelles que j'ai pu avoir. Il m'a été demandée également si j'avais des compétences dans le domaine de l'hôtellerie et de la restauration.

Interview Questions

• Parlez-vous couramment l'Anglais?   1 Answer