Mercury Marine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercury Marine Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercury Marine.

Interview

I was offered an interview through career fair at college and invited for the formal interview at office. It was about 30 minutes and I met only one hiring manager, who was also a engineering director.

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer, FDA or FEA? and Some physics questions.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied in career fair and got an interview right away. The man at career fair giving me the interview was the one who interviewed me on the next day. He had a sheet a paper and recorded my answers to be sent to hiring manager. He was a mechanical engineer and kind of knew my stuff. He does not ask many technical questions, but he does expect you to be able to explain technical terms shown on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about youself.
      What was the most creative things you have ever done?   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took place during the UW- Madison Fall Career Fair. After the brief talk at the career fair, I was shortlisted for the technical and behavioural interview. The person interviewing was a UW Alumni and was mainly interested in the projects I did over the period of my Master's. He then described the project that he was recruiting for and the layout of the company. The whole interview process was very ambient and warm. A few basic technical scenarios were presented and I was asked to give solutions I see fit in those scenarios.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Fond du Lac, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple and easy, small conversation with HR, then an in depth interview with department manager, with time to explain ideas and thoughts. Lasted less than a week before I had an offer, knew they were interviewing 5-10 other candidates at the same time. The interview was very unstructured, but I think it depends on who you interview. He did have a list of questions, but most he just marked off as we had a casual conversation about the job and my past experiences. I also did not get the position I applied for, but another position where he thought that I would fit better.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview, most difficult question is how you can fit in with the environment, everything else is quite straightforward.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Fond du Lac, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with an hr representative for the first interview which was very painless.
    It did not ale them long to call me back. The second interview was with a manager and an hr representative.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Houghton, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The interview turned more into a conversation than a Q&A.   Answer Question

Trim Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Fond du Lac, WI) in May 2013.

Interview

Mercury Marine in Fond Du Lac has their own staffing center located right outside the main entrance to plant 15. I went to the center asked to apply. There was a human resource person there. He set me up on a computer, I then filled out an application. After filling it out they immediately scheduled me for a interview. I was interviewed by an engineer and a human resource person. After interview I was told to wait about 15 minutes and then proceed to interview with a different human resources person who then following also offered me the job. I was then given a start date and a photo was taken for my badge(required to be worn by all employees and required to get through entrances and exits). My start date was the beginning of a two day orientation which went through everything, benefits, safety, type of work, and union stuff. Then after that I was unleashed into the workforce.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview, most difficult question for me is usually weakness question, everything else is quite straightforward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only negotiation you got was which shift you were going to. Which is typical for entry level, no xp positions. Pay was better then most places so I just took what they offered.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Marine.

Interview

Got hired after a phone interview. Too technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for a co-op

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Fond du Lac, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact from Corporate recruiter from Brunswick; he found me via Linked. I had to fill out a pre-phone screen, went through a phone screen with recruiter and then the hiring manager and was then invited in for an onsite interview with HR, two directors and then the hiring manager. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• none, the Corporate recruiter talked me through what to expect during the onsite interviews, and he was accurate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, they met my salary demands with the initial offer

Production SUpervisor - First Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercury Marine (Fond du Lac, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position via Brunswick website on July 5, 2012. On July 12, 2012, I received a phone message asking for a phone interview on 13JUL12, at 11am. The phone interview was conducted on July 13, 2012. It was with the hiring manager who was the previous holder of this position. I was asked questions about my background and skills. I was told I did pretty well on this interview. I was told that there were still others who needed to be interviewed and that notifications would be made for possible on-site interviews. I received a phone call on August 3, 2012, scheduling an on-site interview. The interview was a panel interview conducted with the hiring manager, Area Manager, and the Production manager. The atmosphere was very relaxed the questions were generally easy and were nothing more than them wanting more details about my resume. I left there and was told I did well and that they would get back to me within two weeks with a decision. I didn’t hear anything within the two weeks so I called on two separate occasions to the Hiring Manager but had to leave a message. I received an e-mail on September 6, 2012, informing me they chose another candidate whose experience and qualification better match the position.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really difficult questions, most of the typical tell me about yourself and what would you do in this situation. One question that sticks out in my mind "What would you do as the Production Supervisor if you were given a task that you knew couldn't be completed in the time allotted?   2 Answers