Mercy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Rogers, AR).

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the manager. Interviewed and Hired in a week. The questions were pretty standard and situational. They were pretty welcoming and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What does compassionate care look like?   1 Answer

Sep 16, 2019 – Executive Assistant

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It only has two interviews. The first is a phone interview and another is on-site. The first interview costs 30 minutes and the second uses 1 hour. People are very friendly and do not feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• How to organize a meeting to make people get involved easily   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2020 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! The interview process at any company can be stressful and here at Mercy, we try our best to help you feel at ease every step of the way. We are so glad to hear that your interviewers were friendly and put you at ease throughout the process. We thank you for your time and wish you all the best throughout your career search!

If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Nutrition Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

Easy, I had an in person interview with HR and then the managers and they were really nice. I met with HR and she asked me basic interview questions, and the process was about 30 minutes. Then she sent me over to the hospital after the interview to meet with the managers and they asked me questions about my scheduling.

Interview Questions

• What does your schedule look like? Why do you want to work for Mercy?   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2020 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process with Mercy! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you had a positive experience. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day!

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2020.

Interview

Asked about 5 or 6 questions. Questions were relatively easy and common for RN interviews. Interview took about 20-30 minutes. Job decisions were made soon after the interview and shadowing of the unit.

Interview Questions

Mercy Response

Jun 1, 2020 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our interview process. We value and appreciate receiving your compliments and suggestions so that we can improve our overall recruitment process. We encourage you to reach out to us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net if you have any additional questions or comments that you wish to share. We hope you have a blessed day!

Laboratory Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Rogers, AR).

Interview

Several group interviews with peers and those who would be working for me as well as executive leadership. Groups and individuals scheduled throughout the day. Some were team/group interviews, and some were one on one. In person followed phone screen.

Interview Questions

• If I would be comfortable leading my team in formation   1 Answer

Jun 1, 2020 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process. Providing a premier candidate experience is very important to Mercy and we are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your interview process.

Nurse Technician Interview

Interview

The process was quick, and I was hired soon after. Human Resources was great with paper work and everything. I felt like training was not enough. I didn't feel prepared on the unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to confront a superior about something you didn't like.   Answer Question

Jan 6, 2020 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our interview process. Your feedback is important to us. We value and appreciate receiving your compliments, suggestions or complaints so that we can improve our services and the way we communicate. If you have any additional comments, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day!

RN, Bsn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a great eexperience during the interview process at Mercy Hospital. I have been thinking about starting a career here since I began nursing school and I am very thankful for this oppoertunity.

Interview Questions

• Introduce self as if you were introducing yourself to a patient   Answer Question

Organizational Effectiveness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter scheduling a phone assessment. The recruiter was friendly and didn't ask too many questions. She said that they already had internal candidates who would be a good fit for the position that I'd applied for but recommended me for another open position. She asked what questions I had and described the next step in the process for me. They base their decision entirely off of the second step in the process - a talent assessment, which she scheduled for me shortly after our conversation ended. The talent assessment took place over the phone that evening. It lasted about 45 minutes or so and was completed by Talent+. I didn't hear back after the assessment, but I assume had I "passed," an in-person interview would have been the next step.

Interview Questions

• I can't give too much detail, but the talent assessment asked several variations of the same question to find out how competitive I was. The assessor did not provide feedback to any of my responses and you could tell the intention was to pose the next question quickly so that I wouldn't have a lot of time to think about my response - it would just be what came to my head the fastest, implying that it was the most honest. The assessor was professional and courteous, but it was difficult to hear her at multiple points during the assessment. The questions were mired in gender and cultural bias (women, and particularly women are color, aren't "supposed" to come across as competitive) and were along the vein of - have you stopped beating your children; yes or no? - meaning there really wasn't a good or accurate response to many of the questions. It went on for a while and close to the end, I really just wanted it to be over. I've never experienced this feeling during an interview or job assessment before. I was saddened that this is the new hiring process for the hospital. As I said, I worked there previously and really enjoyed my time there and felt that the culture was excellent. This introduction to the company was extremely off-putting and I feel it will exclude many women, people of color, and servant leaders, despite their actually being good fit for the position and company. Had I not worked for Mercy before, I would have determined that it was not a good fit for me (or anyone, really), based on this interviewing experience. It would have even been better if they'd done the assessment later in the process, perhaps with final candidates, but not where it's the first and only thing they go by. My master's degree is in psychology and even I will admit that these sorts of assessments are not entirely accurate. So, to use it and only it as the basis for a major decision isn't a good idea. Also, the name of the assessment if misleading. They don't assess your talents - they assess what people feel their traits to be. I wouldn't recommend this process to anyone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

Questions about if I know how to work a computer. They reviewed my resume and asked what my degree was in. Also asked what I did for Lodging Hospitality Management as an audio video tech. Asked why I wanted to work for Mercy and be a dependable.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked on Service Manager or ticketing system before?   Answer Question

Jan 6, 2020 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you had a positive interview experience. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Don't forget to have a blessed day!

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

Straightforward, relatively laid back, lots of questions. Felt very comfortable, but I could tell they were following a list of questions. Interviewers were honest, kind and easy to talk to. They felt very genuine, and it was obvious they loved their jobs

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question