Mercy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 203 of over 203 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in Aug 2020

Interview

First, you will submit your application including your resume. You will fill out general information, not specific to the actual job. You will be required to do a short automated text message questionnaire and a lot of the information is the same as what was on your application, but also includes the top areas of nursing you are interested in and which locations (hospitals in the network) you want to apply for. You will also have a short automated phone call that asks you simple interview-type questions. This was very brief. Then, if they think you would be a good candidate, you will receive an email stating that the recruiter wants to schedule a phone call to further discuss your interests and current job openings. During that phone call, the recruiter will ask what areas of nursing you are interested in working and about your job history, specifically if you have any experience as a patient care tech. She will use that info to let you know which of those areas have open spots and will set up a time and date to do the actual interview. I am writing this during the pandemic, so the actual interviews were done by live video with the manager of the unit. After that interview, they will contact the HR department/recruiter to let them know whether they'd like to hire you or not and 1-2 business days later, you will get the call letting you know their decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself
    Answer Question
  • Why did you choose nursing as a career?
  • How would coworkers or peers describe you?
  • what are your biggest strengths/weaknesses?
  • tell me about a time when you made a mistake
  • Tell me about a time when there was a conflict between you and another coworker or peer? how did you handle it?
8 people found this interview helpful

Mercy

Application

I interviewed at Mercy

Interview

Very straight forward- asked about skills and beliefs. Wanted to know about my training and how I was as a person. Had to do skills assessment and personality like assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

In person interview with members of staff followed by shadow in the emergency room triage area. During the shadow process real patients were involved but I did not sign a HIPAA agreement/acknowledgement.

Mercy

Application

I interviewed at Mercy

Interview

I applied and was contacted to do a virtual interview very quickly. Probably within a few days. I was offered a job pretty quickly after the interview. They have you set up a "coworker health screen" which was basically a drug test, they take your blood pressure, gave me a flu shot, and then fit me for a n95 mask.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked at the end to give an "elevator pitch" for myself and why I should be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in Apr 2021

Interview

First we talked introduced ourselves and gave some background, then she asked me a series of questions. We discussed expectations and the work culture, and then she gave me a tour of the facility

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

met with the recruiter first set me up with a panel interview. the interview was laid back, felt comfortable everyone was so nice, easy questions met with 4 managers and decision made a couple of days later

Interview Questions
  • tell me a time you were in a situation which teamwork was involved

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview process starts with an HR contact who is sorting through applicants for interview with medical professionals. Interviews with the medical doctors were appropriate in time and questions. Everybody was friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in Mar 2021

Interview

Went over the details of the job description, the full-time benefits, asked a lot of questions, got an overview of the day-to-day, and it was overall a great experience. Took an hour and a half long but it didn't seem that long at all!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mercy

Application

I interviewed at Mercy

Interview

Met with managers from 3 units. Asked the same questions they ask at every nursing interview. They were very friendly and we chatted about how Mercy’s faith based system improves patient interaction.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mercy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy in Feb 2021

Interview

Can't rave enough about the management here! Compassionate, caring and really truly care about the employees growth and happiness. I was on a call with 2 different managers and loved every minute talking with such positive and warm staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mercy

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mercy

Interview

Phone interview and took about a week for a call back. Pretty easy process and definitely well worth it. I had been wanting this opportunity for a while and it came true

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 203 Interviews