Mercy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy in March 2017.

Interview

I first interviewed with human resources and then I went for an interview the same day with my now supervisor. Both interviews were very pleasant and I left feeling confident.

Sleep Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called next day after application submitted. Interview with recruiter within a week. Department interview later that day. Offer made next day. Offer slightly lower than requested, but night and weekend differential more than made up for it.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a fit for Mercy?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. The follow-up face to face interview was very prompt. The face to face interview was with a panel and individuals on a conference line. Overall, I would describe the process very seamless.

Interview Questions

• Describe from experiences what's wrong with the healthcare system and how to fix it.   Answer Question

Anesthesia Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

I applied online through the Mercy website. I got a phone call and set up an interview. The interview was 3 employees all taking turns asking me questions and senerios.

Interview Questions

• name a time you were wrong & and how did you fix it.   Answer Question
    • name a time you made an error and how you fixed it   Answer Question
    • tell me about a coworker dispute and how you fixed it   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you got constructive criticisim and how you handled it   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed and the coordinator and assistant were very thorough and informative. The ladies were very friendly and showed me the area I would be working in if hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

Online app followed by meeting with two directors then another day for hr to meet with me two weeks waiting for background check and employment verification then went back for drug screen and waited for results a week

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the table to help the company   1 Answer

Nursing Director Cardiac Cath Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Very shortly after I applied, less than 3 days, I had a phone interview with HR. The next day I had an hour phone screening with a 3rd party and within a week, I was called for an onsite interview. The whole first process took about 4 weeks from application to the end of the onsite interview. The HR person was great! She was newer to her role but was accommodating and provided a lot of good information. The 3rd party interview was a personality screening that took place over the phone but was very useful, in my opinion. The onsite interview took place with the Executive Director, a panel of managers (who would be my peers), and a physician panel. There was an extensive tour of the facilities and the ability to meet many of the staff of the hospital. Mercy paid for a car rental, a hotel room, and dinner. They also set up a community tour with a local realtor the next day. My husband and I were very excited about the possibility. After leaving the interview August 15th, the executive director told me I would hear by the end of the month. I understand this is a large organization and many hoops and lines to sign.
    Afterwards, I sent a Thank You to both the director and the HR director for the hospitality and their time. I received responses from both. However, I've since been ghosted. No letter, no email, no phone call. With all of the time and resources they used for these interviews, I'm unsure why there would be absolutely no follow up. If I'm not a good fit for the position, that should be communicated in some way. I'm a hiring manager in my current position and I know things can come up that throw wrenches into the system but the lack of any communication is terribly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when would be the time to delegate a responsibility?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

Got a call back about a week after applying. Met with manager and main supervisor. After regular interview questions I was shown around the department. Not soon after I got a call that said I got the job. I gave my 2 weeks to my previous job and started at Mercy right after.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I went back and forth with the recruiter multiple times on cancelling and scheduling appointments and eventually never even had an interview because it was too much work to even get in to do the interview. If you could go through someone other than a recruiter do so!

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick and to the point, they asked the normal questions and then asked if so was a Mercy fit for the company and then If I was a fit for the job