Mercy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy in March 2017.

Interview

I first interviewed with human resources and then I went for an interview the same day with my now supervisor. Both interviews were very pleasant and I left feeling confident.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

there were 3 interviews total. The first was a phone interview. Second was a case interview. The third was a half day interview with several employees. Overall, the process took about 1.5 months. After the third interview I received an offer within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an interview because my brother's girlfriend works there and she pushed my resume. I was called immediately and went in for an interview within a couple of days. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very laid back. I would have been hired had a hiring freeze not taken place a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a family friend and got an interview that next week after the referral. Met with two supervisors at once. basic questions for a basic job. Was told by one of the supervisors a week later that I would be getting a call from HR soon with an offer. The next day I received a generic email from the same supervisor that I did not get the job. After inquiring (I turned down another job offer because I was told I was going to receive one here) I then received an offer for a position with the same title but in a different department. Since I needed the job I accepted and the rest, as they say, is history.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy in August 2016.

Interview

Very friendly! I went in at sat in the waiting room and immediately saw how family oriented this company was! Everyone was friendly and I could see that customer service was there main goal!

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

I went through several interviews. Initial interview was for a different department and it ended up not being available. However, the manager thought that I was such a good fit for Mercy he passed my resume along to a different department to help get my foot in the door. Turns out I did get the job which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a hard decision. Explain what happened   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

The online application was basic. There is a Mercy Fit Test after submitting the application that asks situational questions and personality questions ("On a scale of 1 to 10, how caring are you.") that takes approx. 25 minutes to complete. The manager will call to set up the interview. The interview consisted of some basic questions and some situational questions. It lasted about 20-30 minutes and was only with the manager of the floor that I applied to. No skills testing beforehand. Pretty harmless.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • You have a patient that wants coffee, a patient that needs to go to the bathroom, and a nurse that needs help with a dressing change. How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

HR called me within couple of days, nice and brief phone interview, then scheduled face-to-face interview which was nice and smooth. Did not have to wait too long, HR lady was very friendly and seemed to care. Standart questions about personality, values etc.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Fort Smith, AR) in August 2011.

Interview

interviews total. I got my second interview schedule right after the first one with HR.
    Hiring manager was nice. She asked questions about the jobs and personality. I got a phone call a week after that I got a job offer. I like the work environment and people that I worked with. I quited after 3 years because of school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be yourself and answer questions with real situation that you experienced

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to make sure I met basic qualifications. Then had a face-to-face interview with Regional Manager and Field Supervisor. Very simple process. There was no protocol quiz to take due to how things work in this part of the state. You will learn all about Mercy EMS protocol in orientation. Did ask a few questions about certifications and licenses held. One or two questions about past experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiating. But there is some "wiggle" room.

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They asked about my experience in the field and what my long term objectives are. Panel style with 4 individuals, asked if I had experience working with substance users. There was a nurse, care coordinator and 2 social workers, asking me questions about my desire to work in a hospital setting.

Interview Questions

• How do you priortize case load?   1 Answer