KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

11h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mercy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing

Apr 21, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Good hours Everyone is very nice and helpful

Cons

No cons All pros Lots of moving around

Mercy Response

We always consider it an honor to receive fivestar reviews! We’re elated to know you’re enjoying your time with Mercy. Thank you for your time and review. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

2. 5.0

Great

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support in developing professionally

Cons

No cons to speak to

3. 4.0

Registered Nurse

May 25, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

offers incentive pay for picking up extra shifts (4,8, or 12 hr shifts available)

Cons

focus on retention of current employees, implement safer staffing ratios.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I liked my job

May 20, 2022 - Medical Scheduler in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

good co-workers PTO My Drs office was M-F Can decorate own office No nights

Cons

It’s not just scheduling it is also insurance and billing. No overtime. Not enough training in insurance and billing. You have to juggle multiple Dr’s plus lab and X-rays scheduling wants and needs. Had to do the front desk during their breaks plus my job. I didn’t feel like I had enough training follow up 1 day trading class after a few weeks on the job would’ve been nice.

Mercy Response

We always consider it an honor to receive five-star reviews! We’re elated to know you’re enjoying your time with Mercy. Thank you for your time and review. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

5. 4.0

Clinic LPN

May 20, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Yukon, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good opportunities if you get in the right place

Cons

I don’t have any cons

Mercy Response

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Our co-workers are one of our greatest assets and we appreciative your positive feedback and suggestions. If you have additional suggestions, please contact us via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

6. 4.0

Tough time for Healthcare

May 17, 2022 - Director of IT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every day starts with a prayer

Cons

Covid has put a real strain on the finances.

7. 5.0

Great Experience

May 16, 2022 - Physical Therapist Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Patient focused Good benefits Great work / life balance Amazing Management

Cons

Low compensation compared to private clinics

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worth a shot

May 15, 2022 - Security Officer I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and a fantastic Security Director!

Cons

Staffing issues, yearly training thats always hectic to get done.

9. 3.0

Med Tech Review

May 26, 2022 - Medical Technologist II in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers at times Decent benefits

Cons

Holiday Pay is mid-par Training was not proper Mean coworkers in some departments

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Na

May 11, 2022 - Infection Preventionist in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule Good environment

Cons

No opportunity for advancement in current position

Mercy Response

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are happy to hear about your positive experience and great work environment. Thank you for also sharing suggestions to further improve the co-worker experience. If you have any further feedback to share, please contact our team via email at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,726 Reviews

Mercy Reviews FAQs

Mercy has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,801 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Mercy to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mercy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mercy. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

61% of Mercy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mercy 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mercy to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Mercy Job Seekers