Mercy Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

3.5
Mercy President and CEO Lynn Britton (no image)
Lynn Britton
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay, sometimes grueling work,(in 31 reviews)

• "There has been recent turnover of upper management of the department(in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonder place for employment"

Current Employee - Nurse Technician in Kingfisher, OK

I have been working at Mercy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful staff, awesome management. I thoroughly enjoy working with some amazing nurses. Willing to teach anything. The co-workers are pretty great!

Cons

I currently have no cons!

Mercy2020-02-17

February 17, 2020Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience here. We wholeheartedly agree that Mercy has some amazing nurses, great co-workers, wonderful staff, and awesome management! If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day and thank you for all the work you do for Mercy!

2. "Great Time at Mercy Norman"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Norman, OK

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's like working with family. I had a great time working at a Mercy clinic in a rural town. My co-workers were very friendly and my manager was always very accommodating. Though I was a full time student as well, they made sure that I had a good work-school balance

Cons

There was a lot of change in leadership while I was there, this made it so a lot of rules were put in place that people were not used to. This caused a lot of conflict

Mercy2020-05-26
  3. "Amazing nurses and doctors!"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most amazing doctors and nurses. The nurses here are always willing to help each other out and make a great team.

Cons

Health benefits could be better.

Mercy2020-05-27
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - EVS Tech in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay.

Cons

The cafeteria is quite expensive.

Mercy2020-05-25

May 26, 2020Executive Assistant

We are so grateful for your kind words! Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. If you have any additional feedback to share, we encourage you to email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day!

5. "PCA"

Current Employee - ICU Technician in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, nice coworkers, trustworthy, provides learning.

Cons

none that I can think of

Mercy2020-05-08

May 11, 2020Executive Assistant

We’re thrilled to hear that you are happy in your current position! Our co-workers take priority and to hear that you have had a positive experience warms our hearts. It’s an honor to have you as a part of our Mercy team! If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net!

"Not co-worker focused at all. Very bottom line driven and knee jerk reaction type leadership."

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great co-workers and front line management

Cons

Bad business decisions has led to many RIF's but they just keep making them and the RIF's are still occurring. Leadership only cares about themselves not their co-workers.

Mercy2020-05-18

May 18, 2020Executive Assistant

Like other health care systems across the country, we’re taking difficult steps to address the heavy economic consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. We’ve taken proactive measures to provide the necessary care for our co-workers and their families. Our hearts go out to those impacted by these changes and the unprecedented impact of this global pandemic.

"hospital based bedside nursing"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Top leadership have handled the covid-19 epidemic very well

Cons

Some pockets of poor supervisors / middle management but good overall leadership from upper management at Mercy in general.

Mercy2020-04-27

May 4, 2020Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We want our co-workers to know that their priorities are our priorities. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We hope you have a blessed day!

8. "Great community"

Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Mercy part-time

Pros

Great coworkers, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Weak salary, inflexible hours

Mercy2020-04-28

May 4, 2020Executive Assistant

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts regarding our compensation structure. As a non-profit ministry following the path of the Sisters of Mercy, we strive to create equal opportunities for all co-workers and remain competitive with our compensation and benefit packages. As you mentioned, Mercy encourages professional growth and development of our co-workers by providing financial assistance to accomplish educational and career goals. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net!

"Be aware they are laying off"

Former Employee - Workforce Management Analyst

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and core values and the religious aspect

Cons

Always being afraid you will lose your job

Mercy2020-05-06

May 11, 2020Executive Assistant

10. "Mixed bag"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quality providers, resources are plentiful,

Cons

Management is self serving, lack transparency, and incompetent

Mercy2020-05-09

May 18, 2020Executive Assistant

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your time working for Mercy. Feedback is very important for us, especially in the growing health care business, as it helps us make sure co-workers have a way to share their concerns and suggestions with us, and we take everything we receive externally and internally very seriously. It’s really disheartening for us to read your thoughts on our management team. Our managers are held accountable in the business which we measure through performance reviews and engagement surveys. We appreciate that there will be times where we need to up-skill our managers further in certain areas of the business. We champion a culture that values honest and transparent communication, so if you would like to share more feedback confidentially which we can look further into, please email mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

Found 957 reviews