Meritor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2018

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Asheville, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

It was easy and quick. They were very kind and prompt in my questions and inquiries. The process was quick from initial application to offer date. The hr department was friendly and accommodating.

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritor (Frankfort, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two hours with two groups of four people. First group was engineering and team lead staff. Second group was managers. First group went OK, second did not. All had scripted questions to ask and grade. Left very little time to actually interact with the people. I would describe this company as "Vanilla", looking for vanilla wafers to fill the open positions and maintain the production processes. Processes and equipment were the bare minimum to get the job done. Quality checks were the same. Product is simple and not complicated, Managers were not transparent on why previous person left the position. First group was truthful. Probably a good thing I did not get an offer as I would have been bored.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meritor.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. The process was pretty easy overall, just one interview for the intern position. Interview was not too difficult. However, it took several weeks to hear back from them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meritor.

Interview

Applied through University. Got an interview the next day. They told me i would hear back in 2 weeks. When i didn't hear back, i tried emailing them but got no response. Highly unprofessional company

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in August 2008.

Interview

Recruiter called, sent my resume, two managers called me to discuss my experience and explain the job to me. The people were laid back, the offices are cubicles with glass walls so there is no privacy. The work culture is very laid back here. There is no remote working, except for employees, so that makes it a little difficult. If I were local, I believe there would have been an in person interview. Because of trying to save money, no one wanted to bring an out of towner in for a face to face.

Interview Questions

• What were my plans for 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

my rate has been decreased 3 times because of the economy. The rate is all inclusive.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meritor in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back with lots of information. The fact that I interned here previously was very helpful. Be sure to reach their culture, and know what is going on in the industry.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Meritor (Florence, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

STAR process - situation, task, action, results for each question be pprepared to answer with these categories. tthen they assign numerical scores for each questions and you are rated versus the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that you were involved with to increase market share?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meritor in June 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview then a in person interview. The actual interview was a breeze then you had a timed test with bolts. The person giving the interview kinda just looked at you like you were stupid but still was friendly. After interview you go to orientation which was 8 hours then the next day you are on the floor.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

Single round interview. Submitted application through University career center for a position with Meritor in October 2018. 1 on 1 Interview. Mostly behavioral questions in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result).

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

They had me do a quick phone interview and then emailed me back and set up an in person. It was fairly easy, a few personality questions. They said they would get back to me whether I was selected or not. They never emailed or called me. I emailed them 3 week later to follow up and they said they were still deciding. After that, I got no response.