Meritor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.7

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant and conversational. I had 3 successive interviews, discussing classes, job descriptions, past work experience, and general behavioral questions. Not a lot of technical questions, they expressed that a great deal of what you need to know you will learn on the job. Overall, a good experience.

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions and not too difficult. It was with two purchasing members and they wanted to simply get to know me more. I heard back about 2 weeks later that they wanted me to come into the headquarters for an interview with two purchasing managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Interview

Long 4 hour process; Did not expect to be there all day. Met several people. Seem annoyed that I wore flats and not safety shoes. I had a headache when I left.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview of about 60 minutes. It was based on my resume, asked about gears and housing. Some basic design questions and behavioral questions. Having a past experience in gear design helped a lot in answering technical questions about gear design

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meritor in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back with lots of information. The fact that I interned here previously was very helpful. Be sure to reach their culture, and know what is going on in the industry.

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meritor in June 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview then a in person interview. The actual interview was a breeze then you had a timed test with bolts. The person giving the interview kinda just looked at you like you were stupid but still was friendly. After interview you go to orientation which was 8 hours then the next day you are on the floor.

Safety Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meritor (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone, and in person. I even had a secondary interview where I learned more about the employer. The people I spoke with were friendly, and very informative.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel about stepping into the role we've discussed? Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Engineers. HR called before to schedule a phone interview and after few days I was ready for phone interview. It lasted for about half an hour. It consisted of technical and behavioral question. They asked me about different projects I worked on,what were the challenges I faced.

It took about two weeks to get the offer letter

Interview Questions

• They asked me about different projects I worked on,what were the challenges I faced.   Answer Question

Interview

They asked the normal questions any job would ask. what is your weakness, strength? Are able to life a certain pound. Also you have to take test to prove your basic math skills.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but you were paid differently by the shift difference.

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meritor (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 employees, asked some basic behavioral questions, then got into some more technical questions, including how to make a DCF and how you would cost a product they made. Seemed a little esoteric, meaning it seemed like they expected you to know more about the automotive/defense industry to answer some of the questions. Interviewers weren't too personable either, seemed a little stiff.