Meritor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meritor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meritor.

Interview

Applied through University. Got an interview the next day. They told me i would hear back in 2 weeks. When i didn't hear back, i tried emailing them but got no response. Highly unprofessional company

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritor (Florence, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter and then onsite panel interview. Very disappointed with communications. Was told that I would be notifed by a phone call once a dicusion as made wither way and feedback given. I specially commented on how I appreciated that process and I was promised they felt they owed that much to potential candidates. I heard nothing after I left. I had to follow up myself and was told a decision hasn't been made and they would contact me either way. That was two months ago. I hope they don't make promises to employees that they dont keep.

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant and conversational. I had 3 successive interviews, discussing classes, job descriptions, past work experience, and general behavioral questions. Not a lot of technical questions, they expressed that a great deal of what you need to know you will learn on the job. Overall, a good experience.

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritor (Frankfort, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two hours with two groups of four people. First group was engineering and team lead staff. Second group was managers. First group went OK, second did not. All had scripted questions to ask and grade. Left very little time to actually interact with the people. I would describe this company as "Vanilla", looking for vanilla wafers to fill the open positions and maintain the production processes. Processes and equipment were the bare minimum to get the job done. Quality checks were the same. Product is simple and not complicated, Managers were not transparent on why previous person left the position. First group was truthful. Probably a good thing I did not get an offer as I would have been bored.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions and not too difficult. It was with two purchasing members and they wanted to simply get to know me more. I heard back about 2 weeks later that they wanted me to come into the headquarters for an interview with two purchasing managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Interview

Long 4 hour process; Did not expect to be there all day. Met several people. Seem annoyed that I wore flats and not safety shoes. I had a headache when I left.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview of about 60 minutes. It was based on my resume, asked about gears and housing. Some basic design questions and behavioral questions. Having a past experience in gear design helped a lot in answering technical questions about gear design

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meritor in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back with lots of information. The fact that I interned here previously was very helpful. Be sure to reach their culture, and know what is going on in the industry.

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meritor in June 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview then a in person interview. The actual interview was a breeze then you had a timed test with bolts. The person giving the interview kinda just looked at you like you were stupid but still was friendly. After interview you go to orientation which was 8 hours then the next day you are on the floor.

Safety Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meritor (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone, and in person. I even had a secondary interview where I learned more about the employer. The people I spoke with were friendly, and very informative.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel about stepping into the role we've discussed? Do you have any questions?   1 Answer