Merlin Entertainments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.5

Hospitality Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out for a screening. It was difficult to work with the recruiter - he wouldn't schedule a time even though I asked multiple times. He seemed to expect me to be available whenever he called and he was never able to answer when I reached out to him. It would have been more efficient to schedule a time. Met with hiring manager a few months later for an in person interview. Very nice guy but did not ask me many questions and mostly talked about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Grapevine, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The did a group interview. Only 2 of us showed up they gave us a tour of the place and made us build our favorite animal out of legos. They asked us basic question such as " why do you want to work here? tell me about your previous jobs". they also start at $8.5 no matter what.

Interview Questions

• If u had an unlimited budget what would u add to lego land   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very quick, 10 mins max. Only asked about 5 questions, all basic..why do you want to work here, what do you know about our company, why should we hire you. They asked about my availability and if I had any experience working with kids.

Aquarist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

Other than your typical questions about former jobs and such, they tend to ask situational questions. They'll ask about how your former experience helps prepare you for this role. They'll ask you to describe what you would do in "worst case scenario" aquarium goes down situations. They may ask about your feelings on euthanasia because this is a good question to "feel out" a candidate. Here's a hint: there are times when it's necessary. You'll also get daily husbandry questions regarding the care of animals. You typically first get a phone interview, then if you make it to the next round, you'll get a Skype interview so they can see what you look like and see how you respond to questions via your body language. The questions here can either become more detailed regarding husbandry, or if they were detailed in the first interview, they could be more questions to get to know you. They are typically pretty good about letting you know either way about the position so you don't have to wonder.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about euthanasia?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you came in and a tank was cloudy?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Part of a job fair. Long wait with too few interviewers. Informational video was repetitive and more irritating that helpful. Interviewers were personable. Not as well organized as would have liked.

Interview Questions

• Offered follow-up comments after interviewing other candidates.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Bloomington, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I got an email weeks later. I got called in for an interview after being asked if I had tattoos or piercings. When I came in I met the director, and he interviewed me. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by Human Resources to set up an interview date.The interview itself is at Madame Tussuad Museum on 42nd Street. It was interesting walking through the museum to reach the offices. I met with the AP Supervisor and the Manager in one day. I was then called by their Human Resources department In a week.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving the job I'm in.   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. I got the job halfway through the interview. The rest of the time I was casually talking to the interviewer (he was my manager too!) and he was really nice. It was stress-free and I felt good when I got the job instantly.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in a situation where there is a mix up with an order?   1 Answer

Payroll Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

fine neither interviewing knew what they were talking about with regards to what they expected or the position they just thought that 2 people would be able to cope with the job. New Finance Controller has no idea about payroll

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. You'll have to create and present on a solution to a problem they'll ask you. This was actually enjoyable and memorable. However, most of the questions asked were quite forgettable and of the standard interview variety.

Interview Questions

• There was neither a difficult or unexpected question asked. It was all basic, too basic for a high level management position. The presentation stage of the interview process was interesting. I was a little disappointed that they didn't ask any questions after I presented.   Answer Question