Mesquite ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.1

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

To dress to impress, professional, open minded be respectful of staff as well as students. Help where ever help is needed. I will put in a 110% at all times

Interview Questions

• What are my pros and my cons   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD.

Interview

Met with the new principal in his office. He was very easy going and polite. He explained the job he was hiring for and told asked me if it was something I would be willing to do. He was not pushy, and he seemed to really listen to what I said.

Interview Questions

• This job may require you to feed students who can't feed themselves or change diapers. Are you OK with that?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD (Mesquite, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process seems as if they were desperate to fill the position. The interview was short and simple. Not a long process at all. The assistant principal needs to work on her facial expressions and people skills.

Interview Questions

• If you had an issue with the teacher. How would you handle it.   Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD.

Interview

Short and sweet. I came in and was seated with the principal and assistant principal. They had all of my info printed and ready. They took notes as I answered questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD in May 2015.

Interview

Pre-register and attend the Job Fair. Have as many resumes as campuses for your certification. You will get screened at the job fair by teachers, who will pass you along to principals, counselors and instructional coaches. A Campus Principal can interview you right on the spot, or will make a phone call to schedule a 1-1 or team interview. After you are offered a job, you'll have a screening with HR in which you'll sign official paperwork.

Elementary Bilingual Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD (Mesquite, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard process for an elementary teaching position. You are called to meet at their school and they interview you in the conference room where the principal or Assistant Principal will be joined by two or three teachers, some of who may be grade leaders for the position they have open. They all ask you basic standard questions for this kind of position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your previous district?
      Which grade levels do you prefer to teach?
      Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD (Mesquite, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

After submitting a certified copy of my transcript and filling out the online application, I was invited to an orientation. The orientation lasted from 8 to 3 pm. They went over the dos and don'ts of teaching kids and laws and regulations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a child who will not obey?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. If you have a college degree you earn more. You must have at least 48 college credits

Ec-4 Bilingual Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD (Mesquite, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Very professional, kind and understanding HR staff.

Negotiation

Simple

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mesquite ISD in July 2010.

Interview

I was a former Mesquite student and I had friends in the district. Personal referrals go a long way in the district. I was not a certified teacher at the time, but once they decided they liked me they helped me get my emergency certification through Region 10.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was not that difficult. The question that mattered the most to them was how I viewed my students and how I would respond to conflict (basic classroom management). IF you do not have experience in teaching make sure you have thought through this because any school wants to hear that you believe that respect is the foundation for your interactions with the students.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is based upon a set schedule, there was not a lot of negotiation involved.