Messer Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Messer Construction Interview Questions

Interviews at Messer Construction

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Messer Construction.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and sent a follow up email. I had one in person interview with 2 of the project managers and then received a phone call a few days later with the offer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Messer Construction in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was very thorough and provided details of the job, expectations and overall company background. Questions were asked to review your personality and how you work with others.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Risk Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Messer Construction in November 2014.

Interview

First interview with office manager and department manger was brief and to the point. The Second interview was lengthy taking all day with each department head, lunch with the hiring department. then, offer at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question but mission statements that were unrealistic   Answer Question

Negotiation

intimidating, but eye opening

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews with safety director, regional leaders, and other department members. Interviews are pretty extensive, and when I went through the process, the hot topic was asbestos, not sure that it would be the same today

Interview Questions

• Do I have family in the area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered me the position and a dollar number, I countered with a dollar number, they would not accept my offer and stated the offer stands as-is, I accepted.

Human Resources Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume. Call call for phone interview. Talked about my background and some behavioral questions. Came into the office once for a in person interview. It was quick and straightforward... There weren’t any curveballs or tricky questions. It lasted about 30-45 mins

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to keep information confidential   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your resume   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in HR?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your major and some of your favorite classes? Why did you pursue this academic background?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a brief 20 minute phone conversation to see if my work experience matched the positions needs. After that, HR gives a recommendation to the actual person that will conduct the interviews.
    The HR lady I spoke with was very nice and I felt my past experiences fell in line with the needs of this position. At the end of our conversation, She told me someone would be in touch to schedule an interview and if I had any questions to email her. Later that day, I did have a few questions, so I did as asked and emailed her. I waited over a week and had not heard back so I tried emailing again. Nothing!
    I find it rude and unprofessional to not respond to an email. If I'm not a candidate for a position tell me while I'm on the phone with you or email me back telling me I'm not. To leave people wondering if they will get a call back is rude. I was already a little leery about working for them since they are a smaller contractor with limited vertical movement. Even if I do get a call back at this point, I would probably decline.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic and in no way should be used to gage my talent and/or experience.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview- typical interview questions
    1st - with direct boss & colleague; more typical questions. Went very well.
    2nd - 3 interviews with 3 different people; 2 senior managers of different depts & 1 senior VP. One had more typical interview questions. Other 2 were more conversational. Again, went well.
    3rd - with 2 senior dept managers; one with zero personality & seemed to be looking for reasons not to hire me. Completely changed my mind on taking a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team.   Answer Question
    • Why would you think your team would respect you when they have more experience in the industry than you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Messer Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a panel of three interviewers on a job site in the trailer. The interview and questions were first, then there was a tour of a job site.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Sat down for interview, was hired a few days later.

The dog walked in the park because he ran away from home to find the bone that he buried previously. He found the bone and was very excited, until he ran out in the road and was nearly hit by a car. He then got so scared that he pissed all over the car's front bumper... THE END

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the Construction Field   1 Answer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very slow! It was nearly 5 months and three interviews before I was finally offered the job! I called many times to check on status and never got an answer or returned call. I passed up other offers becauseof all the BS promises that never came to ffruition in the interview. Make sure EVERYTHING is in writing if you decide to risk your career taking on a position with this sinking company.