Messer Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.6

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very slow! It was nearly 5 months and three interviews before I was finally offered the job! I called many times to check on status and never got an answer or returned call. I passed up other offers becauseof all the BS promises that never came to ffruition in the interview. Make sure EVERYTHING is in writing if you decide to risk your career taking on a position with this sinking company.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Messer Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a panel of three interviewers on a job site in the trailer. The interview and questions were first, then there was a tour of a job site.

Summer Co-op for Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Lexington, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail by one of the employees of the company. We worked out a time and date to meet for the interview. He was very willing to work with my schedule. The interview was one-on-one interview. The interview was very relaxed. I felt less like a name on a paper and more like a person. He asked me about past experiences that have prepared me for this position. He also explained the history of the company and the task that come with the position. Overall, the interview gave me a idea of the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• How can you improve your current skills?   Answer Question
    • What skills make you a good match for this company?   Answer Question
    • What prior experience do you think prepared you for handling multiply projects at one time?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a brief 20 minute phone conversation to see if my work experience matched the positions needs. After that, HR gives a recommendation to the actual person that will conduct the interviews.
    The HR lady I spoke with was very nice and I felt my past experiences fell in line with the needs of this position. At the end of our conversation, She told me someone would be in touch to schedule an interview and if I had any questions to email her. Later that day, I did have a few questions, so I did as asked and emailed her. I waited over a week and had not heard back so I tried emailing again. Nothing!
    I find it rude and unprofessional to not respond to an email. If I'm not a candidate for a position tell me while I'm on the phone with you or email me back telling me I'm not. To leave people wondering if they will get a call back is rude. I was already a little leery about working for them since they are a smaller contractor with limited vertical movement. Even if I do get a call back at this point, I would probably decline.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic and in no way should be used to gage my talent and/or experience.   Answer Question

Risk Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Messer Construction in November 2014.

Interview

First interview with office manager and department manger was brief and to the point. The Second interview was lengthy taking all day with each department head, lunch with the hiring department. then, offer at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question but mission statements that were unrealistic   Answer Question

Negotiation

intimidating, but eye opening

Commercial Carpenter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Was given a series of tests to see where I placed in the trade. The interview took about two hours. He graded the test in front of me and I was given the same test 3 months later, on the job.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing I could change about myself.   1 Answer

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Messer Construction (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews with safety director, regional leaders, and other department members. Interviews are pretty extensive, and when I went through the process, the hot topic was asbestos, not sure that it would be the same today

Interview Questions

• Do I have family in the area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered me the position and a dollar number, I countered with a dollar number, they would not accept my offer and stated the offer stands as-is, I accepted.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Messer Construction in October 2010.

Interview

After attending my University career fair and talking to a Messer Construction recruiter presumably one of the Project Managers I received a call to come in for an Interview the following week to meet with the presiding Director of Field Operations. The interview itself was very typical was not very hard and the questions were basic behavioral in nature hardly nothing technical he told me he just wanted to see if I would be a good fit in their corporate cultural. My advice for the initial interview would be not stress too much questions were all behavioral and management style in nature so be prepared for that. The only awkward moment of the interview occurred when I t arrived 15 minutes early and I was shown to a huge conference and told to set any where I wanted I contemplated siting at the head of the table but thought that he might not have liked that. I was left in that conference room by myself for at-least 10 minutes maybe even the whole fifteen quite and isolated minutes before he arrived to discuss my skills interest.