Metra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metra Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

3.2

PTC Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metra in May 2017.

Interview

Initially​ invited by HR. Came in a week later. Three panel meeting/interview. They ask you a series of questions about your background and relation to the position. Really formal and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle big projects when working with other people?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent resume to Metra's email and received call about a week or so later. Interviewed with a panel 2 of people and a hiring recruiter at Metra headquarters. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Asked about previous work experience and safety. Stated that Metra operated 7 days a week 365 days a year. Waited about a week later and was offered the job. Took physical exam and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are reasons for being late for work?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on-line for IT position. Heard from HR rep within 2 weeks. Prescreening via phone interview led to group interview. A lot of technical questions, mixed with some good standard questions. Technical questions involved a lot of jargon and definitions, not much about past experience or about how you handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What is DAG as it relates to Exchange 2010. Some simple ones like what is a GPO and how do you apply it, What is DHCP and what is it used for.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

No standard interview, all technical questions from the beginning. 6 people interviewed via phone. They went straight into asking about accounting problems. I was advised I needed to have pencil and paper ready. They wanted to quiz on accounting concepts. Did not ask about any previous jobs or experience, just accounting test pretty much.

Interview Questions

• When is revenue realized, recognized, reported? What is on the cash flow statement?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There are a list of questions that you will be ask. They are about your background and how skills you have will be used at the job described. I was sat down with the gentleman who would be my boss, his boss, and the man from HR. Everyone was taking notes about what I was saying so you can take your time to answer as it is harder to write than talk.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help you with bridge design.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview, with CFO and Director of Accounting, used bad phone which made it difficult to hear. Also was pressed for time due to me being at work.

First phone interview with HR recruiter, after about a month received call from recruiter to set up phone interview with CFO and Director of Accounting

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metra.

Interview

Interviews were lengthy and comprised equally of technical and personality based questions. Experience is valued and problem solving skills are tested. Many questions on how you problem solve.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much in the way of negotiations. Offers are fair and take it or leave it based.

Director, Compensation and Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

After being contacted by the company's recruiter, who saw my profile on LinkedIn, an initial phone interview was set up between us. I was invited in for a face to face interview about 3 weeks later. I was told that they were anxious to make a final selection and that I would hear back. There was not further personal contact about the position following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Traditional interview questions like "Tell me about yourself". Interview was with the two hiring managers jointly, with recruiter sitting in the back observing the process.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metra in June 2014.

Interview

The salary they offered was below the average of an EE. Interviewed with the hiring manager and project engineer. There were a few behavior and technical questions. Not that difficult.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metra (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied to online job for IT position. I had applied 6 months earlier for this position and it took that long prior to getting a response. I played phone tag with the HR rep and finally set a date for an interview a week later. I met with HR rep on-site and he was very professional and provided great detail. His attitude about the company is what made me go on the interview. The pay is way below market rate for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• The technical portion of the interview was very difficult, because they wanted full detail of IT related jargon. For example what is DAG as it relates to Exchange 2010 (No experience with this platform). Some simple ones like what is a GPO and how do you apply it, What is DHCP and what is it used for.   1 Answer