Metro Bank (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metro Bank (US) Interview Questions

2.6

Loan Servicing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Harrisburg, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

One on One with a staff from management. They do a background check and pull your credit. They also contact you references. After the background and credit check you will receive a call from the HR department with and offer.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US).

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. I had two interviews total. One general interview from the recruiter and then one interview at the branch that I applied to.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Received a call the day after I applied. Then after my first interview, it took forever to hear back and it took lots of calling on my end to hear anything. I applied for the CSR position which I was told was pretty much mine, to then find out it was filled and had to go for the teller position. This is 3 weeks after the initial interview. The interviewer was very nice, and thorough.

Interview Questions

• It was the typical interview questions. The hardest one for me was what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No option for negotiation even though I had a college degree.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US).

Interview

This process was pretty easy and straight foward.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions. It was a generic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

The recruiter asked me basic behavioral questions. The main thing they look for is how confident you are and how you can hide your nervousness when meeting with them. They want to see you smile at least three times. The recruiter is very nice and makes the interviewee comfortable when answering the questions.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from them within the week. I had one interview with someone from HR and another with supervisors from the branch. Everyone was fairly laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Harrisburg, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

went well

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you would be successful at this job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after two weeks i got an email inviting for a telephone interview which lasted for about 20 mins, and general competency and numerical question. i was told to complete GIA Test. I felt GIA test was a way to degrade people especially disable candidate whose response time may not be quick or those ageing people. i completed GIA test and after 3 weeks they told me that my score were not good. I have worked for customer facing role for 9+ Years including brand such as Apple and Samsung. I felt disguised by this bank, it may care customer but i doubt very much if the same can be said about employees. BEWARE their employees review are not good either. i personally would not recommend Metro Bank as a employer

Interview Questions

• why Metro Bank

Give me example of challenging situation and how you overcome that

Give me example of great customer service
      Answer Question

Contact Centre Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Holburn, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Application questions online (easy) only had around three questions to respond to, phone interview (easy) just wanted you to go through cv with 5 maths questions, another phone interview based on scenarios (quite hard) never worked in a bank before so quite hard, 1-1 interview lasts less than an hour but the day lasts a couple hours.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview –
      Talk about your cv/ previous experiences
      Talk a about a time you exceeded customer expectations
      A time you received a complaint and dealt with
      5 maths questions – mainly percentages (40% of 250) and 23x24 etc
      5 online tests – Easy read pdf
      2nd Phone interview – scenario based
      Someone’s abroad and their bank card isn’t working. What do you do?
      Elderly person doesn’t know how to access their account online? Where would you refer them to.
      Someone complained about an agent giving bad customer service and was held on the phone for 30mins.
      Business person paid their manufacturer who refused to give products as they have not received payment yet.
      Auditions – 3 hour Interview
      Started off with a tour of the store. Had a presentation about the store. 1-1 interview questions:
      Why metro bank?
      Talk about your CV and your previous experiences?
      A time where you have exceeded customer expectations?
      Achievement to date?
      When have you had to multitask and needed help or support?
      A time where you have shown good Teamwork skills?
      A time where you have had commitment for a while and had to leave (something like that)?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Normal

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US).

Interview

Applied online , followed by telephone interview then online test and then auditions (haven't attended them yet) any one know what kind of questions they ask in auditions and the whole process do let me know

Interview Questions

• Proudest achievement, positive and negative customer service experience, why metro , basic maths questions   Answer Question