Metro Public Adjustment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

1.3

Damage Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment (Bensalem, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Short Summary: Group interview where you have the option of buying into an image, of a Multi-level marketing project, as an independent contractor attempting to be licensed as a Public adjuster. This licensed through AAPIA, not the state, which Metro Public Adjusters is a founding member of. Every person you recruit or train is a part of your pay ‘pyramid’, while you feed the ‘pyramid’ you are a part of; even if you decide to do actual adjusting work.

Long version:

Using indeed, found a listing "Damage Inspector", applied. Was contacted back shortly thereafter via indeed to email another email address 'Eastern PA Group'. Sent the time I choose to the new email address, replied with dress casual.

Show up for the 'interview' at the correct time. Receptionist staff decided to unprofessionally vent about how bad it is working there in front of the group of people waiting.

An expending group is shuffled into a small meeting room.

Turns out to be a group sales presentation for you to buy into their business concept or multi-layer marketing project. The position is for Damage Inspector which you have to be trained for, which at this time will cost up front 40 dollars. The goal is at the end of training is to become an Independent contractor which is Public Adjuster Licensed through AAPIA which they are a ‘Founding Member’ of.

The recruiter, sales person, presenter provides ‘applications’ to fill out and a ‘how well was my presentation, would you consider a 1:1 interview’ sheets. The presentation itself generally explains what a Damage Inspect, Claims Writer, Public Adjuster is. It quotes a deal of information from out of the state you are actually in. This however is rather irrelevant since you are required to confirm inside the state you are in. They have a 30 day money back guarantee on the 40 dollars ‘buy in’ however the sessions are every other week on the weekends. You will make 10 to 20 dollars per claim you write while under training. They will refund the ‘buy in’, the finger printing and exam costs if you pass the exam after training.

Interview Questions

• Would you set up a 1:1 interview.   2 Answers

Property Inspector/Claims Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment (Bensalem, PA).

Interview

After reviewing a presentation, I was interviewed at the Corporate Office in Bensalem, PA. Although my previous career of more than 25 years had been in IT, the interviewer illustrated the ease of transitioning into a totally different career field. Part of the process involved recognizing how skills acquired in the IT "world" could be used within the Public Adjusting field.

Interview Questions

• What part of the presentation peaked your interest?   1 Answer
    • Your resume shows you have worked in a multitude of varying industries. How do you think you can use this background in the Public Adjusting field?   1 Answer
    • What other skills do you have that may be beneficial to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to have my training classes moved from the Bensalem, PA location to Edison, NJ.

Public Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment.

Interview

The interesting part about this company is that they ask you for a resume and never look at it. All they seem to care about is your signature on their ICA form because the recruiter gets paid a small amount of money. Either the same day or the day after they start interrogating you for people that might be interested in a "policy review" I personally find this process to be borderline harassment. When you go through the process you will see what I mean.

Interview Questions

• List anyone that might be interested in doing a policy review   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment.

Interview

The first contact was on the phone. I was given all the information I needed to research the company. Then we met in person and I was given all the information I needed to decide if this was a good fit for me in a 15 minute presentation. Once I signed up I went straight to orientation that same day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years from now?   1 Answer

Damage Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment (Broomall, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. A 15 minute presentation about Public Insurance Adjusters and Metro. I came back the next day and filled out the paperwork and got started. There is weekly training on Metro's standard operating proceedures and also training to help me pass the state exam. I had to pay $40 to become a contractor for metro, but with the paid training I earned that back on day #2. I also had to pay for the state exam $40 and fingerprints $40 but when I completed training Metro reimbursed me for those costs!

Property Damage Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment (Allentown, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

This company advertises on Craigslist, Pennsylvania help wanted section daily with ads that do NOT state the name of the company or phone number. They refused to tell me on the phone anything, insist I come down for a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• Commission only job, the hiring process is a revolving door.. Recruiters extremely rude and uninformative.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manasquan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment (Manasquan, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

They stuck everyone in the basement of an office building and gave what I can only describe as the most boring and uninspiring power point presentation I have every experienced. All of the staff seemed like older has been or younger never was salesmen/women. The presenter kept talking about how every job he goes on he finds all of these things that everyone else missed because he is so smart and good at his job. Any way, after he finished blowing smoke up his own ass he proceeded to explain that if you just lay a little money out now, you can get certified and become highly successful. They will hire anyone who sits through the process, which makes sense because after doing a little research I found out that the company is a multi level marketing scam. You can read up on what that means if you are interested, but long story short it means that they are a slightly more legal version of a pyramid. And if you check the reviews of their company on line, pretty much every customer talks about how they got fucked.

Interview Questions

• None, they will hire anyone because they will make residual sales off of you   Answer Question

Organization is a scam that does nothing but ripoff the uninformed

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro Public Adjustment (Bensalem, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

One interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard (mostly about previous experience).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Expect low pay.