Michels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio, WV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michels (Rio, WV) in January 2008.

Interview

just sat there with a boss and was told they werent hiring

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michels (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview. I actually missed this call and received it via voicemail. I think I called back 3 or 4 times and left them voicemails before I got a call back. After I did we scheduled the phone interview. It was a very standard interview. The interviewer seemed like he had done 100s of phone interviews and I could hear him typing in the background so I am guessing they just have a template.

Overall: It was a phone interview. Nothing great, nothing terrible. I am sure they are hard to be excited about and I couldn't imagine trying to attempt in house one for candidates all over the country.

Just completed the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michels (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

Within a day of submitting my resume/cover letter I received a telephone message to call someone (I won’t name names) from HR, to which I responded immediately and got her voicemail so I left a message asking her to call me back. Nothing. Called again the next morning and left message asking her to return my call. Nothing. Very unprofessional not to respond even by email. Wouldn’t want to deal with an unresponsive HR department anyway.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michels (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was extremely professional. Three people interviewed me and the process was very straightforward. The questions weren't unusual. Everyone involved was professional. The facility was was very nice.

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michels in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very professional and conducted by two more senior level safety professionals. I was offered the position but ultimately went with another company because I didn't want frequent travel.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember a specific question as it was nearly two years ago.   Answer Question

Frequent travel.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michels (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Two step process, very formal and straight forward, in ny office. Interview was with management and company head. Good group of people, toured the office and was able to ask employees about their positions and the company.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michels (Syracuse, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief and not definitive. I did not feel like I was treated like a seasoned professional and it should have served as a red light indicator of what the rest of the process and subsequent employment would be like.

Interview Questions

• The then acting GM asked me if I knew why people worked / why business existed, and the answer he wanted was: to make money   1 Answer

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michels (Brownsville, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

Very laid back process, didn't make me feel uncomfortable. They reached out to me very quickly, completed a phone interview, and had me come in the next week. If they want you, you can be hired very quickly.

Interview Questions

• My experience, what im looking for in a position.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michels (Smithfield, RI) in August 2014.

Interview

Cold call phone interview and then was asked in for a 20 minute 1 on 1 with Assistant Project Manager. Generic interview questions read off an HR sheet. Called back couple days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical boring interview questions, strengths weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Construction Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michels.

Interview

First, a phone interview and several standard application forms. Next, the corporate recruiter set up a 'Skype interview.' One day before the interview (which I took special effort to set up), it was cancelled by members of the legal department with no explanation. I had to reach out to the recruiter to reschedule and received silence. Not surprisingly, a couple of weeks later I received a form reject. Overall bad experience; many wasted hours and an unnecessary lack of transparency in the process. Wouldn't recommend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in dealing with construction contracts.   Answer Question