Michigan Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Michigan Medicine

2.5

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied online and got an interview the next week. Interview was about two hours with an hour shadow experience. Not too difficult, mostly situational/behavioral questions. Pretty much a normal and expected interview.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a short 30-60 minute interview. I was notified within a few days that I was hired. After I was asked to answer about 5 questions, a brief description of the job was given. I was already familiar with the unit, so I did not shadow or get a tour of the unit. This is usually a standard part of the interview process.

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very quick but I was an internal employee already. I interviewed with two managers. I went over on my lunch break. I was already an internal employee so I had the experience and it made the interview quite easy.

Clinical Subjects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

In the interview process, the job itself was vaguely described to me. I got the sense that it was a high-pressure, high-stress job. I was shown a tour of the entire office as if I had already been hired. I knew the office was understaffed, but I had also been told that others were interviewing for my position as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I respond under pressure, and to give an example.   1 Answer

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process started with a phone interview followed by a face to face interview with the unit supervisor. Once that was passed the face to face, I shadowed a current CNA and they had to approve of how I was for me to get the job.

Ophthalmic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online around the beginning of November, and I was called in for an interview in Ann Arbor around mid December. I was interviewed by 2 people, a technician and manager. The interview itself was about an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. I was interviewed four times in total. Initially by the hiring manager and a physician director, then on the same day by an administrative leadership group and physician leadership group. Finally, I was interviewed by the top physician leader and the top administrative leader of this department. All of this was coordinated by the operations manager and was very well setup. Most people did a very good job or asking questions that would expose my strengths and weaknesses as a candidate for this role. One of the interviewees was more interested in talking herself than allowing me to speak. Overall, it was a very fair experience.

Negotiation

I was offered the position and my salary was below the minimum salary for my title. i accepted because I felt that my performance would prove my worth and I would eventually be making a decent salary. Even after two planned reviews by an executive leader, I am just now at the base salary for my position while being told that I'm one of the highest performing people in my position by everyone in a leadership role. Talk about a demotivating message.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Make your cover letter and resume one document, and submit online. Highlight all applicable experience - you don't need to be an expert, just have some experience. Volunteer experience counts. Expect not to hear for 3 - 8 weeks. Expect a group interview. Multiple rounds are likely. They try to seek the absolute ideal candidate, so may re-post the job. If so, apply again, still a good chance you'll get it. Also, we hire a lot of temporaries into permanent jobs, also contractors. So working with a local agency is a great way to get your foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• Hiring interest is long term, stable employees. Expect to be asked about why you left former jobs, why you only stayed X years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is your only chance to negotiate for a higher salary EVER. Never take the first offer. Ask for at least 15% more.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

One on One interview then group interview. Asked basic questions - how would you respond to this? What are your strengths/weaknesses

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Medicine.

Interview

Applied online, contacted HR recruiter and notify her of job I had applied for and interests. Received a interview approximately a month later. They wanted three professional references and certs (e.g., BLS, ACLS) to be brought to interview. Interviewed with Nurse Manager which lasted almost an hour (mostly performance based questions) and then had staff interview with three RN's on the floor which lasted about 15 minutes. Was offered a position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient and how did you handle it?
      2. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with staff and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?
      3. Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question