Micro Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me to Micro Focus. I sent him an email and received a call from the hiring managers early the next morning. We set up an interview for the following Tuesday. (a week later) I came in for that interview and interviewed with a number of people. I handled most of the questions well and enjoyed talking with the people I met. On the following Monday, I got another call about a second interview, which happened the next day. This interview was technically for a different position, but with different people from the same group. These interviews went quite well I thought. A day later I got a verbal offer. I then accepted the official offer that weekend.

All throughout the process, I was in contact with the highering managers and Scott Kesner from HR. Scott, in particular, was pleasant, friendly, and responsive. In fact, once or twice, he called at the just the right time as I was also looking at another job. He reminded me why I liked what I saw at Micro Focus. Ultimately, I accepted Micro Focus's offer even though it was somewhat less pay than the other job. I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked the fizzbuzz question. I hadn't heard that one before, but it was really quite simple. Its simplicity surprised me, but I guess it's a kind of smoke test.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked various other technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went well. I was satisfied with the offer, but I was also looking at other jobs. Scott was very accommodating as I reviewed my options.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Worst 30m interview ever at bagmane park 5th floor. Job role was for Java developer but asked in angular js. In job description no where mentioned angularjs as main requirment. First interviewer has to know for what role candidate has come for. Totally worthless.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

Was a horrible 30 min interview held at Bagmane Tech Park.5th floor.Was totally rubbish.Just filling up to reach the minimum word value.Was a more rubbish stuff than any other company.Totally worthless

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Plano, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screen followed by doing a demo/presentation on a software of my choice to a group of current presales engineers and the manager. Then a follow up call to talk more in-depth about the position, responsibilities, overview of what the presales engineers do.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was with presenting to people at various levels within a company   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New London, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was 5 stages interviews, 4 Telephone interviews and one face to face. I was contacted by HR person and follow by 4 technical interviews. I have 2 technical interviews with a team leader and the Manager both based in US.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the role and how do you think you matches the role   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Very impressed with the overall interview and hiring process, which was smooth and efficient. The recruiter, Scott Kesner, was excellent. Scott was very responsive, pro-active, and personable- he really reflects well on Micro Focus.

The overall process from initial contact to offer took less than weeks despite being during the holidays. Very positive experience with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were relaxed and conversational and included no unusual questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus in November 2017.

Interview

I worked with Scott Kesner who is engaging, knowledgeable and is a superb Sr Recruiter. I was interested in moving from HPE to Microfocus. Scott reached out to me and our communication was outstanding. He was attentive, personable and responsive. I was very impressed of how smooth the process was and how forthcoming Scott was in our discussion. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my background on how the future job would fit   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out through LinkedIn to judge whether position was of any interest. After a couple of notes back and forth we set up interview. After settling on time and day - recruiter never showed up for call, no note explaining why they missed the interview.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus in August 2017.

Interview

Smooth. Scott Kesner, Senior Recruiter, was extremely friendly and helpful. He walked me through the role, the company culture, what to expect of the process and timelines.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Troy, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial call was with the recruiter, we instantly clicked, Scott was definitely the "Best Recruiter Ever" assisted me through the process, was very good with laying down the expectations. As the position was being offered to me, he was really good at communicating the timeline, checking in with me, gauging interest, and what to expect.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Bellingham, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Really chill company, I went through a phone interview and a Skype interview with two of their developer. They ask basic questions like when you would use a for loop over a while loop. Basic concepts for programmers to knows.