Micro Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Micro Focus

1. Featured Interview

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me to Micro Focus. I sent him an email and received a call from the hiring managers early the next morning. We set up an interview for the following Tuesday. (a week later) I came in for that interview and interviewed with a number of people. I handled most of the questions well and enjoyed talking with the people I met. On the following Monday, I got another call about a second interview, which happened the next day. This interview was technically for a different position, but with different people from the same group. These interviews went quite well I thought. A day later I got a verbal offer. I then accepted the official offer that weekend.

All throughout the process, I was in contact with the highering managers and Scott Kesner from HR. Scott, in particular, was pleasant, friendly, and responsive. In fact, once or twice, he called at the just the right time as I was also looking at another job. He reminded me why I liked what I saw at Micro Focus. Ultimately, I accepted Micro Focus's offer even though it was somewhat less pay than the other job. I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked the fizzbuzz question. I hadn't heard that one before, but it was really quite simple. Its simplicity surprised me, but I guess it's a kind of smoke test.   2 Answers
    • I was also asked various other technical questions.   2 Answers

Negotiation

It went well. I was satisfied with the offer, but I was also looking at other jobs. Scott was very accommodating as I reviewed my options.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Worst 30m interview ever at bagmane park 5th floor. Job role was for Java developer but asked in angular js. In job description no where mentioned angularjs as main requirment. First interviewer has to know for what role candidate has come for. Totally worthless.

Interview Questions

• create a custom directive nonsense questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

Was a horrible 30 min interview held at Bagmane Tech Park.5th floor.Was totally rubbish.Just filling up to reach the minimum word value.Was a more rubbish stuff than any other company.Totally worthless

Micro Focus Response

Aug 17, 2018 – Manager

Hello,

Appreciate your candid feedback and sincere regrets for you having to go through such an experience. We would appreciate if you can share more specifics of your interview experience for us... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Troy, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial call was with the recruiter, we instantly clicked, Scott was definitely the "Best Recruiter Ever" assisted me through the process, was very good with laying down the expectations. As the position was being offered to me, he was really good at communicating the timeline, checking in with me, gauging interest, and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to the team?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

There were no technical questions. They asked me some basic questions about life, school, experience. Then they asked me to ask the questions myself about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Try to solve the puzzle using any resources you have.   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was quite relaxing and refreshing . They seemed quite friendly and open-minded and listened to all my answers carefully. I would definitely recommend going with ease for the interview because I was a lot nervous and quite anxious but the Hiring manager put me at ease instantly with his kindness.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

You must go through several steps to get hired at Micro Focus. A smart person might ask how many candidates there are, and whether some are internal to the company. Based on the answer, consider how much effort you would like to apply. A recruiter from the company will screen you, then you will need to pass a behavior exam and an intelligence test of sorts. Neither is too long and frankly as for the intelligence thing, it really doesn't apply to the job requirements -- at least not to the skills required for the job I applied to. Then you will be screened by someone from HR or the recruiter, then have a phone or in person visit with a hiring manager and then usually a second interview after that again with a hiring manager and maybe even with a panel where you must present a case and answer questions and explain why you want to work at the firm. Microfocus is a good company but I think they could use some help in some areas of their business including interviewing. And some fresh eyes within parts of their business would not be all bad either. Not sure where they are headed because the hiring manager would not/did not discuss it at the interview, and the panel group avoided it altogether. Some of the people in the panel interview were arrogant and it was obvious from body language -- detaches is the best way to put it. Others are very approachable.

Interview Questions

• none were difficult; very textbook like, nothing original. Why us? Why you? What do you have that someone else doesn't have pretty much sums it up. Some interviewers were unprepared and seemed to be going through motions without any interest in answers given. Not sure why. Guess they just weren't that into me. But when you go the distance you expect them to as well. It's the professional thing to do.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New London, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was 5 stages interviews, 4 Telephone interviews and one face to face. I was contacted by HR person and follow by 4 technical interviews. I have 2 technical interviews with a team leader and the Manager both based in US.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the role and how do you think you matches the role   2 Answers

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Rockville, MD).

Interview

The process has been handled by internal recruiters. The process was not seemless but overall a good process.

Manager Pre-Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and interviewed with hiring manager. After many delays during the process was told we were moving to next step which was a face to face. Reached out multiple times and no had the professional courtesy to respond.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out through LinkedIn to judge whether position was of any interest. After a couple of notes back and forth we set up interview. After settling on time and day - recruiter never showed up for call, no note explaining why they missed the interview.