Micro Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me to Micro Focus. I sent him an email and received a call from the hiring managers early the next morning. We set up an interview for the following Tuesday. (a week later) I came in for that interview and interviewed with a number of people. I handled most of the questions well and enjoyed talking with the people I met. On the following Monday, I got another call about a second interview, which happened the next day. This interview was technically for a different position, but with different people from the same group. These interviews went quite well I thought. A day later I got a verbal offer. I then accepted the official offer that weekend.

All throughout the process, I was in contact with the highering managers and Scott Kesner from HR. Scott, in particular, was pleasant, friendly, and responsive. In fact, once or twice, he called at the just the right time as I was also looking at another job. He reminded me why I liked what I saw at Micro Focus. Ultimately, I accepted Micro Focus's offer even though it was somewhat less pay than the other job. I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked the fizzbuzz question. I hadn't heard that one before, but it was really quite simple. Its simplicity surprised me, but I guess it's a kind of smoke test.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked various other technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went well. I was satisfied with the offer, but I was also looking at other jobs. Scott was very accommodating as I reviewed my options.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out through LinkedIn to judge whether position was of any interest. After a couple of notes back and forth we set up interview. After settling on time and day - recruiter never showed up for call, no note explaining why they missed the interview.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus in August 2017.

Interview

Smooth. Scott Kesner, Senior Recruiter, was extremely friendly and helpful. He walked me through the role, the company culture, what to expect of the process and timelines.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Troy, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial call was with the recruiter, we instantly clicked, Scott was definitely the "Best Recruiter Ever" assisted me through the process, was very good with laying down the expectations. As the position was being offered to me, he was really good at communicating the timeline, checking in with me, gauging interest, and what to expect.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Bellingham, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Really chill company, I went through a phone interview and a Skype interview with two of their developer. They ask basic questions like when you would use a for loop over a while loop. Basic concepts for programmers to knows.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews. one in person, all the rest over the phone. The phone interviews were 30-45 minutes. The first two interviews were with a peer, and each successive interview was with the hiring manager and his upper-level management.

Interview Questions

• Most questions focused on examples from the experience listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Systems Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial call from a recruiting agent that has a personality and professionalism, then to phone call interview with a manager, then onsite visit for another phone interview in conference room.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call if VP and another call comes in at same time? If both were urgent what would you say or do?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, welcoming, and rather easy-going. Intricate technical questions that really hit on your textbook understanding of languages. Even though I made errors, the interviewing panel was very understanding and worked hands-on with me to arrive to a solution for the problems I had issues with.

Interview Questions

• In C++, what value do default boolean take?   1 Answer
    • How would you parse JSON packages in Java without a framework/library?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

There were no technical questions. They asked me some basic questions about life, school, experience. Then they asked me to ask the questions myself about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Try to solve the puzzle using any resources you have.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was through a telephone interview with a Sr. Recruiter. The Sr. Recruiter was excellent to work with. He communicated with me every step of the way. The Sr. Recruiter was very professional and also very personable. He made me feel like my comments and concerns were very important for him to hear.

This was followed by an in-person interview with the Department Manager and the Assistant Controller. This interview was more of an open and honest conversation between the three of us. This was possible because they had thoroughly reviewed my resume prior to the interview and understood my experience & skill-set that I would be bringing to Micro Focus. Their concern for me as an individual, and my future career direction, was very much appreciated.

My interview process with Micro Focus was an excellent experience. The main reason for this is that each person I met with was open and honest. There were no hidden agendas and they were interested not only in what I was bringing to Micro Focus, but also what Micro Focus could offer me.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in this level of position? Was I willing to make a long-term commitment to Micro Focus? (asked based on their commitment to me as an employee)   1 Answer

Accounting AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com. I was contacted by David Korbel and set up an interview for a job that he thought I would be great at, (Different than the one I applied for). I did not get that position but David quickly set up another interview for the AP position that I applied for and I got that job. I was extremely grateful for the help and guidance that David provided to get me through the interviewing and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, Not job related but who are you and what do you like to do outside of work   Answer Question

Micro Focus Response

Mar 22, 2017

Thanks, it was a pleasure working with you!