Micro Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me to Micro Focus. I sent him an email and received a call from the hiring managers early the next morning. We set up an interview for the following Tuesday. (a week later) I came in for that interview and interviewed with a number of people. I handled most of the questions well and enjoyed talking with the people I met. On the following Monday, I got another call about a second interview, which happened the next day. This interview was technically for a different position, but with different people from the same group. These interviews went quite well I thought. A day later I got a verbal offer. I then accepted the official offer that weekend.

All throughout the process, I was in contact with the highering managers and Scott Kesner from HR. Scott, in particular, was pleasant, friendly, and responsive. In fact, once or twice, he called at the just the right time as I was also looking at another job. He reminded me why I liked what I saw at Micro Focus. Ultimately, I accepted Micro Focus's offer even though it was somewhat less pay than the other job. I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked the fizzbuzz question. I hadn't heard that one before, but it was really quite simple. Its simplicity surprised me, but I guess it's a kind of smoke test.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked various other technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went well. I was satisfied with the offer, but I was also looking at other jobs. Scott was very accommodating as I reviewed my options.

Systems Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial call from a recruiting agent that has a personality and professionalism, then to phone call interview with a manager, then onsite visit for another phone interview in conference room.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call if VP and another call comes in at same time? If both were urgent what would you say or do?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was through a telephone interview with a Sr. Recruiter. The Sr. Recruiter was excellent to work with. He communicated with me every step of the way. The Sr. Recruiter was very professional and also very personable. He made me feel like my comments and concerns were very important for him to hear.

This was followed by an in-person interview with the Department Manager and the Assistant Controller. This interview was more of an open and honest conversation between the three of us. This was possible because they had thoroughly reviewed my resume prior to the interview and understood my experience & skill-set that I would be bringing to Micro Focus. Their concern for me as an individual, and my future career direction, was very much appreciated.

My interview process with Micro Focus was an excellent experience. The main reason for this is that each person I met with was open and honest. There were no hidden agendas and they were interested not only in what I was bringing to Micro Focus, but also what Micro Focus could offer me.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in this level of position? Was I willing to make a long-term commitment to Micro Focus? (asked based on their commitment to me as an employee)   1 Answer

Accounting AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com. I was contacted by David Korbel and set up an interview for a job that he thought I would be great at, (Different than the one I applied for). I did not get that position but David quickly set up another interview for the AP position that I applied for and I got that job. I was extremely grateful for the help and guidance that David provided to get me through the interviewing and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, Not job related but who are you and what do you like to do outside of work   Answer Question

Micro Focus Response

Mar 22, 2017

Thanks, it was a pleasure working with you!

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Recruiter. Then I talked to the hiring manager on the phone. Next I had an in person interview. I interviews with the hiring manager, his manager and a team member. Everybody was very nice and professional. The interview was not difficult, just and normal interview. I was asked a few accounting specific questions, but for the most part just your normal interview.

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The best ever, high caliber recruiter. I have been exposed to so many recruiters but partnering with my assigned recruiter was fantastic which was not only acknowledged by myself, this included my references. The confirmed that the professionalism of my recruiter, was terrific.

Interview Questions

• The asked for very specific ER cases I have handled in LATAM, under the STAR model.   Answer Question

Micro Focus Response

Dec 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience! Each of our recruiters strive to provide the best candidate experience possible. We take pride in what we do and it's very important to ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

Concise technically, but also interested in who I am as an individual. Seems to care that I would like to be a part of the company rather than just a seat in the basement.

Interview Questions

• How well can you seamlessly transition from being in a team to leading the same team?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Excellent treatment and care and concern for finding the right "fit" for the position. The team validated my concerns and had great responses. The hiring manager explained the product processes at MF and wanted to know what I thought. I felt very taken-care of.

Interview Questions

• Explain the various agile development processes you've worked with before   1 Answer

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Micro Focus was a thorough collaboration of candidate and interviewer in which I was never left guessing where I stood while going through the process. In stages I was first interviewed by the recruiter; the hiring manager; a colleague of the hiring manager and finally I was invited in for an in-person final interview. I was amazed that the Micro Focus interview platform involved a clear advance model process in which there was very little time between steps. While interviewing with Micro Focus, I was also interviewing with a similar company that seemed to have an extremely long and drawn out process as I found myself doing 7-8 phone interviews that came 2-3 weeks apart, until finally being invited in for what I thought was the final interview. With Micro Focus, I was always kept informed by the recruiter regarding timing expectations as it was a simplified interview process that did not drag on for months. Lastly, I was most thankful that the decision makers at Micro Focus were able to make a decision quickly regarding my candidacy without stringing me along - which in the long-term scheme of things saves both me and the company valuable time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to walk the different interviewers through my career experience - highlighting my critical duties and significant accomplishments within each role I held.

I was asked several behavioral questions that spoke to how I would handle various situations that may arise in the workplace.

I was asked several procedural questions that spoke for my process at arriving to a decision or solutions to difficult problems.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Micro Focus in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a "Senior Recruiter" to set up a time and day to do a phone screen. When I replied with dates and times that I was available, he clearly did not read what I had written and instead just called my contact number and left a voice mail. This should have been my first sign that they department didn't have their stuff together.

When we did finally set up a day and time, he asked that I call him. I found this odd as I have never had to call in for an interview, but rather the business calls you. When the agreed upon day and time came, I called him as instructed and it was clear that he was not prepared for the conversation.

Then he went on to tell me that the interview process had already progressed so essentially we didn't need to talk. At which time he told me that they are always expanding and may be looking for other people in the future. By this point I was dumbfounded and asked why he didn't feel the need to tell me this before I wasted by time by calling in for what I thought was an initial interview.

My contact with this individual was not professional or organized and it really put a bad taste in my mouth about the organization if this is the image that they want to project out to candidates and new hires. When did it become okay for recruiters to be unprofessional and unprepared? I will certainly not be looking to apply for any other positions with the company and if you value organization and professionalism, I am not sure that you should either.