Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.6

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I found it to be an excellent interview process. The phone interviews went well. I was able to skip the face to face interview due to being out of state and having interviewed with the company previously.

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a 4 part interview. 1) Phone screening by HR. 2) Face to Face with HR. 3) Face to Face with the department director. 4) Face to Face with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position. Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you so much for this great feedback! We are happy to hear your experience was a positive one! For clarity purposes, the Senior Credit Analyst interviews only required the candidate to visit ... More

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The recruiter is one of the nicest lady I have ever met.She is so full of energy and eager to help. She worked hard to get me an interview for the positions that i was interested in. My current supervisor conducted the interview and ,now that i know him better, i can say he is someone who earns his respect.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Nov 14, 2016 – HR Generalist

What wonderful feedback for our Sacramento team! We are happy to have you on board and that the recruitment process was such a positive experience for you!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter and after a brief talk, she set up an in-person interview with her. She had an emergency the day before and my interview was rescheduled with the HR Manager.
    The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs. He was polite, professional, friendly, and took notes occasionally. At the end of the interview, he said: "you might be able to get along with your prospective boss." Well, I'm experienced and intelligent enough to know that this meant I wasn't the right fit to work with him, although I wonder how he got to that conclusion.
    It is disappointing that he promised to get back to me the following week, yet he never did and even the recruiter who asked me to let her know how my interview went, didn't bother to respond to my email.

My conclusion:
    Before the interview, I researched the company's reputation and found on Yelp, that it's less than satisfactory. While it worried me a little, I pursued this job regardless because I saw an opportunity to help improve their online reputation. What I neglected to remember is this golden rule: if a company's online reputation is unsatisfactory (e.g. too many complaints of the same nature, and in this case, lack of communication and follow up with customers), their internal processes (including the hiring process, i.e. follow up with candidates), may reflect the very same problem. Just something to consider when applying to jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you overcome a challenge?
      Give me an example when you turned a bad situation around?
      Answer Question

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Aurora, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I took 10 days process before they set up for phone interview via email. The HR personnel called and after phone interview she said she was going to forward my resume to the Hiring Manager for next interview. I wrote thank you note for the HR as courtesy and told her that I was very interested with the position and looking forward for personal interview. It has been a week, I've never heard from them again. Just yesterday they posted the same job again, probably I'm not what they are looking for. They should have sent me e-mail to notify me that they decided to pursue with other candidates as courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      What do you see yourself in five years
      What it means being multi-task
      When are you available to start
      Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. HR Recruiter called me and we did a phone interview. Phone interview went well. She then setup an interview with the customer service coordinator manager a few days later. The interview went okay, common questions. He rambled on a bit more about the job than about my qualifications. He then said they had more interviews before they chose someone; aka you're not what I'm looking for…

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Temecula, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview with HR, she ask questions regarding your work experience, your personality and so on. Then for about two weeks got interview with the production supervisor, asking about your view about team work and tour the warehouse..
    Then they have 5 days working interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation is entry level job that I applied.

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

interview process took over a month, poor communication from the hiring manager, had to interview 4 separate times with different supervisors and managers due to conflicting schedules and had to be scheduled across multiple weeks.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with lean manufacturing? what experience do you have with 5S   Answer Question

Feb 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

We truly appreciate your feedback on your interview process - that was definitely a lengthy process. Since 2015, we have made many improvements to the recruitment process and continue to make ... More

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Temecula, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

For the most part, it was easy. Typical questions were asked like how are you in a team environment, and how do you handle conflict with another coworker. After the first interview, there was a second interview with the supervisor of the department where he continued to ask more questions about my skill sets. One thing that I did not like about this process was that both interviews, the interviewer wrote your responses on a paper. I felt that I was disconnected with the interviewer during the whole process.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed 2 weeks later. Interview with HR was very smooth and she asked many questions related to purchasing. A job description did not require a purchasing experience but a Material Manager (to whom a Buyer reports) said that they cannot hire me because I do not have experience working with Purchase Orders (I have 15 years of experience with purchase orders and much more).