Miller's Ale House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Miller's Ale House

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with the hiring manager and he just explained what the job was about and the workings of the restaurant and If I was interested in the job. I got the the second interview on the next day. The second interview I had with the GM and he just asked a few question on what I think my responsibilities are on the job.

Interview Questions

• What do I think a good host would do?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Brandon, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It's is a two interview process and I met with three different managers, first is was a regular manager and then the GM on the same day, and I came back to meet with the kitchen manager

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview was very easy. I did a one and one sit down with the General manager and he made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. After our long talk about life, and the my potential job role, I was offered the job.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House in April 2016.

Interview

First 2 interviews were with the managers and the final interview was with the GM. Not sure why you have to go through 3 people to get the position when only the first manager really matters because he is the over-seer of the position. But that is just how they do things. Fairly easy interview. The first interviewer just wants to know about your previous work and what you did. 2nd interviewer just asked why you wanted to work at Miller's. 3rd interviewer also wants to get to know you and asks availability and explains what the position is about.

I was hired on the spot and was told to come in for orientation tomorrow.

I think it's pretty possible you will get the job if you get a 2nd interview, but I am not too sure. It seems like a great place to work and I am excited!

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House.

Interview

Short & Sweet. They didn't ask many questions, just basic interview questions that you can easily come up with a response for. Great first impression from most of management. I would most definitely say that it was a very easy interview but it was obvious they were just trying to fill positions quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

BAR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House.

Interview

Same questions that you get asked at every bar job. It was easy. The whole process took a little over a week as far as getting the initial job offer. Then there is orientation and a 2 week training which is basically shadowing another server. After that, you do a "skill out" with a manager and take a test based on training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult situation at work? What were your sales like at your last job? What is in ____ drink?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Willow Grove, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I came in for three interviews, two were regular get-to-know-you type sit downs with different managers, the third was a working interview to see if i liked the job and wanted to do the work.

Managers were very nice, employees seemed friendly as well and everyone seemed to know what they were doing and hustled when they had to.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (North Riverside, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Short (15 minute) first interview. They let you know within 72 hours if they want a 2nd interview or if they are not interested. They were very nice, professional. The interview did seem scripted, I believe he was asking me questions that were on a form, nothing was spontaneous. I tried to talk about the company, beer list, etc., but answers were short and then back to the script.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Big Mac, what layer would you be and why?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was incredibly easy. After calling to inquire about a job, I was told to fill in the online application, and then got a call back the next day asking to set up an interview! Not many questions were asked, but I suppose it was because they were eager to hire SOMEONE.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working nights?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me? (the interviewer, ie the manager, asked me this at least 5 times)   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Boynton Beach, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

First, I sat down with the front-of-house manager who just asked me a little about my experience. Then the final interview was with the general manager who spoke with me for literally 5 minutes and offered me the job.