Miller's Ale House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Miller's Ale House

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House.

Interview

I went through 2 phone screens and then received an email for an in person interview with Recruiter, HR Manager, and HR VP. I was there for 3 hours. There was talk about 'when I would start', 'when I'm hired I'll be doing...' I met with all three individuals and discussed expectations, requirements, responsibility, and timelines. After that, there was no communication from anyone at the company at all. I emailed a thank you for taking time and received no response. There has been no 'thank you but thank you' email, not call... nothing. The total lack of communication from the company after going through the entire interview process is a huge turnoff. To not communicate to a prospective employee who you've had come for a face to face interview for 3 hours and not even respond or send a standard thank you but no thank you email....is disappointing and to be honest...in this day and age, unacceptable.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with the hiring manager and he just explained what the job was about and the workings of the restaurant and If I was interested in the job. I got the the second interview on the next day. The second interview I had with the GM and he just asked a few question on what I think my responsibilities are on the job.

Interview Questions

• What do I think a good host would do?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Brandon, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It's is a two interview process and I met with three different managers, first is was a regular manager and then the GM on the same day, and I came back to meet with the kitchen manager

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Brandon, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed directly with the General Manager. It was very relaxed and basic. There were no real questions he just wanted to get a feel for me as a person.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying with the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview was very easy. I did a one and one sit down with the General manager and he made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. After our long talk about life, and the my potential job role, I was offered the job.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House in April 2016.

Interview

First 2 interviews were with the managers and the final interview was with the GM. Not sure why you have to go through 3 people to get the position when only the first manager really matters because he is the over-seer of the position. But that is just how they do things. Fairly easy interview. The first interviewer just wants to know about your previous work and what you did. 2nd interviewer just asked why you wanted to work at Miller's. 3rd interviewer also wants to get to know you and asks availability and explains what the position is about.

I was hired on the spot and was told to come in for orientation tomorrow.

I think it's pretty possible you will get the job if you get a 2nd interview, but I am not too sure. It seems like a great place to work and I am excited!

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Kissimmee, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted shortly after submitting application. Met with two managers on two interviews, both of them laid-back and relaxed. I was asked questions on previous restaurant experience and was also given the opportunity to talk about myself and my goals / hopes for company growth, etc.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House.

Interview

Short & Sweet. They didn't ask many questions, just basic interview questions that you can easily come up with a response for. Great first impression from most of management. I would most definitely say that it was a very easy interview but it was obvious they were just trying to fill positions quickly.

BAR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House.

Interview

Same questions that you get asked at every bar job. It was easy. The whole process took a little over a week as far as getting the initial job offer. Then there is orientation and a 2 week training which is basically shadowing another server. After that, you do a "skill out" with a manager and take a test based on training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult situation at work? What were your sales like at your last job? What is in ____ drink?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Miller's Ale House (Willow Grove, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I came in for three interviews, two were regular get-to-know-you type sit downs with different managers, the third was a working interview to see if i liked the job and wanted to do the work.

Managers were very nice, employees seemed friendly as well and everyone seemed to know what they were doing and hustled when they had to.