Milliman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Milliman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliman.

Interview

Six interviews with principals and seniors and took an excel test. Interviews were not hard, everyone is down to earth and just had a conversation. Come prepared with questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Milliman.

Interview

It was a good short interview where they got to know about my previous experience. I had the opportunity to ask a few questions regarding opportunity and sustainability of the group and the company overall.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliman.

Interview

Everything happened pretty quickly. I applied, about a week later was invited in for a phone interview, and another week or so later was invited in for an in person interview. In person interview was back to back interviews about 30 minutes a piece with about 7 different actuaries. Both phone and in person interviews asked the same questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to be an actuary, and a few behavioral questions. Also took a test at the end of the in person interview.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Milliman (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Pretty typical interview process; however I tried to follow up with the HR rep after the fact a few times and never heard anything back, only to get the auto-reject email three weeks later. Obviously didn't think I got the job after not hearing back but that doesn't change the fact it's unprofessional to ignore a candidate. If I've taken the time to take time off the job I already have and prepare for an interview, HR can followup on an email.

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milliman (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency. The interviews are done in groups. The process began with us sitting pairing up with workers to sit in on live calls. After that we regrouped and was asked questions from 3 of the supervisors.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliman in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. I was contact by HR about a different position than I applied for. The interview was scheduled for several weeks later to allow for management to travel in. I went in for the interview for with a director and another person in management. The interview was a bit weird as it seemed like they were just going through the motions. They seemed disinterested. I don't take that personally. It could have a bad match personality wise. I left the interview and was told to expect to hear back within a week or so as they had other candidates left to interview. I waited a week and a hlaf and hadn't anything back. I emailed HR and they said they were still interviewing. I waited another two weeks and hadnt heard anything still. I emailed HR and they said the hiring managers ended up hiring another candidate. I wished they would have followed up sooner and not have someone wait around for weeks. I'm pretty disappointed with the process.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Introduce yourself, follow the resume and share your experience based on that. There were two interviewers, they both asked questions, no technique questions, just want to know about yourself more, school activities also be a point they are interested

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliman (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was a 3 step process - 1st being a one-way video interview with fairly standard interview questions - you get 90 seconds to record your response. 2nd is a sample case study which takes anywhere between 5 to 10 hours to complete. 3rd is the in person interview with many team members, including technical tests and a lunch. They're all fairly straightforward and nobody asks you gotcha trick questions. Milliman moved very quickly and have a very quick turnaround time. It was a great interivewing experience

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliman (Brookfield, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Never got to the actual onsite interview...I withdrew before that. I applied and 2 months later I was invited to do a video interview...it was a list of 6 questions in which you record a video response and then upload that to their server. I don't remember the 6 questions, but they were pretty cake. About 2 weeks after this: HR contacts me to ask my availability to come for an onsite interview. I tell them any time next week. A week later HR comes back and says "someone is on vacation, what about next week?", so again I give them "anytime next week" again.

The onsite interview was scheduled, then I had to fill out a pre-interview questionnaire which I only completed about 1/3 of the way through, asking things like what my most favorite and least favorite subjects in college were. Then I get to a part that says they will want to talk to my current manager, all my references and that I, not them, have to arrange a schedule between all parties to talk. Are you kidding me?

This was the most bizzaro, convoluted waste of time in my job search thus far. I would love to meet the people that actually make it to their interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite subject in college and what was your most favorite?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Milliman (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Milliman is obviously a company with a strong sense of direction, thoughtful governance, and a very professional atmosphere. My first interview was by phone, and wasn't particularly technical or grueling. I sensed throughout the process that Milliman puts a very high value on their culture, which for me perhaps is too stuffy and uptight. In spite of that, the entire process was engaging, and the people they hire are highly capable and professional, perhaps even fun.

Expect very cliche questions about where you see yourself in 5 years, what your best/worst traits are, and expect that those interviewing are in fact not morons by any measure. They're expecting real answers here.

Unfortunately, I was not offered as I do not have a degree, which is a requirement for the position.

If I were to offer some insight to the Milliman infosec leader team, it would be to get with the times. Educated young professionals have no desire to be in debt for 30 years paying off student loans. I suppose I would suggest making the interview process slightly more difficult, and perhaps work to make the culture a little more upbeat. Infosec and regulatory roles can be horribly mundane without a bright culture to foster increased awareness and esprit de corps.