Millward Brown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.9

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Before a phone screen with someone I had to make another cover letter, which specifically compared my skill set to the job, beyond the original cover letter and resume I had sent. The following are directions given to me, "The best way to do the cover letter is to place a two column table from MS Word in a separate document. Place the “what you will do” and the “what you will need” sections from the job description in the left column and compare yourself and your skills in the right column.
      In addition please respond to the following questions regarding your interest in this opportunity in the body of the returned email response.

Why are you interested in this specific job? Why are you well suited to it?

What roles have you held where attention to details is a paramount duty? Please elaborate

Please discuss your current situation? Are you working? If not please indicate what you are doing currently.

Please indicate your current compensation.

Are you able to work overtime as needed?"

After I completed all of this in depth work, I then achieved a phone screen. After I passed that my information was forwarded to the person who would decide about hiring. After being asked for an interview, I didnt hear back for a week. After checking in again I was told I would have two 30 minute interviews followed by a 30 minute skills assessment.
    The 30 minute interviews were each with two people, one on the phone and someone in person.

They went well. They told me they wanted to extend an offer, but internal delays were causing complications. They said that was the problem for 4 months. Never heard from them again one day after that.

Interview Questions

• Having to compare myself with every bullet point on the job description before the phone screen.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager. I skipped the first step since I interviewed for one of the sister companies prior to this role. The recruiter called me about this role prior to it being posted.

Senior Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted one day after applying via the company website for a phone screening. The screening was very professional and mostly involved the recruiter reviewing details about the position. She then asked me to walk through my resume and asked why I was interested in the position. It was very laid back and she told me she'd follow up with the hiring manager for this position and get back to me. I was contacted the next week and she let me know they chose not to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why are you looking for a new position?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown.

Interview

One brief interview with recruiter checking background, one longer interview with manager about resume and coding skills, take home data assignment involving interpreting graphs and pseudo-coding, in-person interview in Boston office met with many different team members over the course of three hours, went over resume again and was asked several math and logic questions

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of cars on the street in the city of Boston.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Millward Brown.

Interview

The day after I submitted an online job application, I was very excited to be contacted to set up an initial phone interview. The interview was set for later the same week. The day of the interview, I waited for the call from the recruiter at the time he had scheduled. The scheduled time came and went; I waited an hour to account for possible confusion over the time difference and still nothing. So I emailed him to see if he was still available and he said he had wanted to get to me that week, but things had come up. He asked if we could talk next Wednesday instead, which I agreed to. Next week comes and I email him Tuesday to schedule a time to talk the next day- no response. Wednesday comes and goes and I still hear nothing- instead of being able to take care of errands I had to wait around in the house in case I got the call. I wait another day and send one last email to express my continued interest in the position and simply ask if it is still available- no response. I understand that positions get filled and interviews get cancelled; however not even bothering to tell interviewees with whom an interview had already been scheduled and instead disregarding their time is completely unprofessional behavior on the part of the recruiter. If this is the face the company shows to potential employees, it makes me wonder what the experience of actually working there is like.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Millward Brown.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews and a presentation on site. It was a very long day but it wasn't to strenuous.

The only thing that made me angry was that I was never officially contacted and told that I did not receive the position. I understand not hearing back when filling out an online application but I spent nearly 6 hours in their office.

Mainly just a courtesy issue on how the situation was handled.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Millward Brown (San Juan, PR) in June 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview with the managers very basic and casual. Then it was a in-person interview in the offices where the position was available. It was real and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a about yourself   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer
    • How do I feel about deadlines?   1 Answer
    • They called some words and I had to respond the first thing that came to mind after hearing it. It was fast and called about 8 words all business related.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown in May 2015.

Interview

Initial screening with recruiter, second round via telephone, third round of extensive group interviews/ case presentation

very smart people with a lot to say about the company

professional follow-up throughout the whole process

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable using data?
      How has your education prepared you for this role?
      (In case presentation) Why did you point out the things you did? What could we have done better?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through an online job posting, and a manager reached out to schedule a phone interview. It went well, very casual and basic questions about background and prior experience. I was told a Skype interview/potential test would be set up for the week after but no one reached out to me after that.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Bloomington, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through friend referral. I contacted the HR with my resume and cover letter enclosed and then schedule the interview with the recruiter. And I had a phone interview after that. The interview was through phone call, it took about 30min. They asked me to go through my resume and asked me why would I apply the marketing related job while pursuing a Finance degree. And then they asked me some basic skills questions. The entire process went pretty well. It took 3 days to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume.
      Why do you choose Millward Brown?   Answer Question