Millward Brown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Millward Brown Interview Questions

Interviews at Millward Brown

2.8

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Millward Brown in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was extremely unprofessional. Originally agreed to set 7:30 as the time for the interview (time zone difference), but had a no show at 7:30. So I emailed to her and she told me that she will call me in 3 hours without telling me an exact time. Then suddenly ten minutes later, she said that she will call me now.

The process was chill and easy. However, there were some odd questions like why do you think you got rejected by certain companies. Did not click well with the interviewer at all.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, why Vermeer, why marketing consulting, your past experience and a case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I was looking for an entry level job in Marketing Research right after graduation. Of course, I was very excited when I got an interview with Millward Brown! I had an initial screening phone interview with a recruiter that went very well. After my phone interview I was asked to come in for the first round of live interviews. The round consisted of four 1:1 interviews and a pre-employment test. The interview started at 10:00 a.m. and I did not leave until after 2:30 p.m. All the 1:1 interviews were first back to back and then the test was last. Make sure to eat before you interview here. Do not expect to be taken out to lunch or even given a break. When all the 1:1 interviews were complete and it was time to take the 90 minute test I couldn't even focus because I was starving! If this is how a company treats me during the interview process I definitely had zero interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• Each of the 1:1 interview were the same. It would have been a lot more efficient to have a group interview. They asked very open-ended questions and asked you to go through your resume to start.   Answer Question
    • Why do you have an interest in marketing research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

The process only took 4 weeks because of rescheduling and scheduling to find a time that worked for everyone.

The phone interview with HR was awesome. Standard.

The in person interview was also a positive experience. I spent 90 minutes in a room by myself doing an assessment on research, numbers related to a past client assignment. The assessment would be packaged and sent to their suburban office for review.

The 1 on 1 interviews were behavioral questions. Some of which were challenging and others of which were easy, but overall standard. Everyone was professional and nice.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Fairfield, CT) in October 2007.

Interview

HR contacted me first in response to my resume submitted online. We chatted for a short period - 5 to 10 minutes - and scheduled an initial phone interview. The phone interview was basic: what grabbed your attention about Millward? What do you do currently? What are you interested in? Proficiency questions on some software applications (mostly Microsoft)... etc.
    The in person interview is difficult from a stamina stand point - particularly as this is an entry level post. There were 3 seperate interviews. 1st - after meeting with HR shortly - you meet with a group of people and they take turns asking questions. there are 2 subsequent interviews that follow the same format and finally they give you a stack of data tables, some background research and ask you to present to all those you've just finished interviewing with your key findings/suggestions. It's not that they're looking for the right answers... they're looking for creativity, confidence and thinking that goes beyond the constraints of the data.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They lay it right out. Again, since this was for entry level... your wiggle room will depend on advanced degree or a work history that warrants a higher pay... otherwise, what they offer... you may have 2% upward negotiability.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Fairfield, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

Filled out typical online job form with resume attachment. About a week later, an HR rep contacted me to schedule a phone interview. Had a basic phone interview/screening, then was scheduled for a group interview at the office that was nearly two weeks away. Group interview consisted of about 12 people in a conference room that were shown first a presentation on the company by the lead recruiter and senior manager, then everyone was given a binder that included sets of data. We were given a half hour to create our own individual 10-minute presentation on the given data that we then presented to a team consisting of about eight senior managers. We also had 1:1 interviews with those managers following. We were provided lunch. The process took a full workday, starting at 8am.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR will first call you to informally extend the offer and negotiate. I honestly didn't negotiate much because I was offered my expected starting salary that I had noted in the online application form. The start date was entirely up to me and they were very flexible. Once verbally agreed, HR will send you a formal offer letter and employment packet.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Fairfield, CT) in May 2008.

Interview

You will conduct a phone interview first. Then you will be invited to a recruitment day where there will be approximately 10 or 12 other people interviewing for the same position. Approximately half will get hired for that round.

The interview process takes a full 8 hours to complete, as you will be asked to have several one on one interviews with senior management. You will also be required to analyze a set of data tables and present the story of the data to senior management.

Interview Questions

• If you were a starbucks coffee, what kind would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about putting together a cupboard?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated but there is very little wiggle room when hired at the entry level. Never hurts to try though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Millward Brown (Lisle, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a local recruiter, set up an informational interview/screening by phone. After the phone call, I was asked to drive in to the office for a 4 hour skills assessment and set of 1:1 interviews. The skills assessment was a powerpoint presentation that I was asked to proofread and make suggestions on based on "user" feedback.

Interview Questions

• Name a company that you believe is doing a poor job advertising currently.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with MB Optimor.

Very unprofessional experience. In the round of phone interview, the interviewer was changed without any notification and didn't mention who he is during the conversation. Moved into the second round of interview, which was scheduled in the office with 6 people - non of them were available and so was arranged someone randomly for a short talk. Obviously this unknown interviewer was totally not in the mood to interview, very unprofessional & inexperienced: keep checking his phone, yawning, snobbish, didn't ask any meaningful questions. Supposed to have a case interview but did not happen at all.

HR informed me that he will reschedule the interviews to the following week, however after waiting for 5 days I was told that they decided to close the interview process. No reasons. I was not even able to speak with any of the planned interviewers. Interviewed with junior people in the firm who was just recently graduated. While this Associate position has such a high turnover rate (lots of previous Associates left within one year), I guess there must be a reason in the selection process.

Supplement information: long working hours (until 10pm or even midnight), heavy workload, office is small and not a good vibe. I do not mind of all of those, but I do care about the basic respects.

In a nutshell, what mentioned in the previous reviews were true - unprofessional, not responsible, and not respectful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, had an easy market sizing question during first phone interview.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds--first round was a simple brain teaser and a few fit interviews with employees from multiple levels. One asked me to work out a case.

Second round you are given a slide deck and 90minutes to summarize the info into 5-6 sildes/minute presentation. 5-6 people judge your performance and ask you questions later.

They gave me an offer a week after second round--overall it was a quick process.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to become?   1 Answer

Better offer from another firm.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millward Brown (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was for an AD position at Millward Brown Optimor. They bill themselves as a brand consultancy but it is probably fair to note they are more of a management consultancy that focus on brands rather than a branding/ad/creative shop. First round is usually a phone interview screen which consists of base case study and/or brain teaser type of questioning along with the resume. Second round is an in-person set of meetings with staff ranging from AD to junior analysts/associates. The in-person ran roughly 2 hours and is run case interview style. This makes sense at the junior staff or entry level from my recollection but it did seem a bit odd to address this with candidates with 10+ years experience. Most alarming was the attitude and professional demeanor of the staff members I met. Not all were like this, but I would say half came across as very condescending, impatient and at times disrespectful and all I could think was what if I was a client? Upon the reverse, when asked if I had any questions for them a few staff (mostly junior) could not answer basic questions about why they like working there, what kind of brands interest them and why and at time seemed put off but the question. On staff member relished this and had very enthusiastic responses which is the first time I saw a real person in the room. Senior staff had a hard time or could not provide me basic answers regarding organization, structure, goals and responsibilities relating to the position. All in all, it felt more of a show on their part as to how lucky you were to have them consider you rather than a collaborative discussion (at least by the 2nd round) as to what both parties might have to offer one another. It was disappointing because it seems as if the organization has a lot of potential and even some good talent, but instead may be attracting a certain type of arrogant person more than not, which in the long run doesn't make for lasting professional relationships and business partnerships.

Interview Questions

• Business case regarding introducing a tobacco product internationally   Answer Question