Mindshare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Director, Shopper Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Mike Lochmondy made the process incredibly easy. I started interviewing just before Christmas and had an offer by the first week in January. Mike worked through schedules around the holiday so I could interview while I happened to be in New York. After meeting with the team I received feedback the same day and an offer the next day. One of the best recruiting scenarios I've ever encountered.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a friend who works there send in my resume and was called to come in for an interview a week later. I met with two groups of people, one was incredibly intimidating and one was really easy to talk to. I felt like I did awful in the first half of the interview because the first woman I talked to was so intimidating I felt like I was failing a test.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet/have dinner with 5 people alive or dead who would they be? (got asked this question 2ce)   Answer Question
    • what do you like to do for fun/what clients of ours do you know/what would your last employer describe you as in 3 words/say something about yourself thats not on your resume/what do you know about this job /how did experience in a past position prepare you for this one   Answer Question
    • If you were trying to sell a deodorant to men age 18-24 what network would you put ads on?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who works at MindShare. After she turned in my resume, I got a call very quickly about coming into the office to interview. I was a bit surprised because I do not have a media background but was excited because I had heard such positive things about the company and the culture. The office is definitely open and casual with a young environment. I went into the office 2 weeks later to meet with some members of the team I was applying for. A few things: after scheduling my interview, I got an email with a link to apply online. It was a link to their generic open job postings. Therefore, I didn't know which team I was applying for until I got there. Secondly, for a "final" interview, I met with less people than I was expecting. Someone else I know that works there also told me people usually interview with more people than I spoke to. I'm not really sure if this was because the role needed to be filled immediately or some other reason.
    I received an offer less than a week later but was given limited time to accept or decline it. I declined simply because I wasn't ready to accept the offer so quickly without giving consideration to other factors and other offers on the table.

Interview Questions

Mindshare Response

May 29, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

Sorry to hear that you were somewhat overwhelmed by the speed in our process. Let me know if and how can be of any further help in crafting your career plan.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

Pretty low key. HR rep told us beforehand to relax, that they all wanted to hire us at the end of the day...very friendly setting. Had a little 15 minute mini interview with an employee, and then with three others. Questions mostly were about experiences and interests

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed several different times with multiple teams. Interview process involves face to face with multiple employees. Conversations are directed to indicate past behavior. Process felt aimed to get a personal connection with team members, but a heavy emphasis was placed on situational behavior. The process works to learn about a candidate very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had two projects due at once, how did you handle different deadlines   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get offer, accept offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screening with HR that lasted an hour followed by in person interview with team you would potentially work on.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, how would you market yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Asked about background and experience, what I studied in school. Why did I want to work at Mindshare? Why was I looking to pursue a career in Media? The main recruiter (who has since left Mindshare) was incredibly helpful in the whole process. I interviewed for one account but they didnt think I would be a good fit. Within a few days he called me back and had me come in again to meet with another team, who ultimately made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite ad campaign or commercial?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiations for the entry-level position

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare in December 2014.

Interview

It's mostly behavior questions and they are trying to find out if you are a logical or creative person. It really depends on the interviewer. There's not much surprises as you go through your resume and see if the job description matches with skills. The process take 2 weeks as the recruiter phone screen you and then set up an appointment for you to meet with the hiring managers. You will be interviewed by various companies and various employers from 1 to 1 meeting or a group of 3 hiring managers. It sounds frightening but it is easy and they don't really grill you into it as it's only entry level, but do be prepare and you will have some great interviews with others and apathetic interviews with others.

Interview Questions

• What is your hobby?
      What is the last book you read?
      Is there a time you suggest an idea or recommendation to higher manager to improve a current situation?
      Do you have any questions for me? - Always have questions for them on the job and what they like in a candidate   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

you need to know someone who works here as with any ad agency

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This place is a mess. I originally applied online in June and received a voicemail asking me to come in for a group interview in July. I call back 15 minutes later, and they tell me they're rescheduling the interview session for a different day and will be in touch. When I don't hear back for a week or two, I contact them and the rep gives me a really awkward response as to why the interview won't be happening after all.

Fast forward to December... I haven't heard from or applied to any new positions at Mindshare in 6 months when I receive an e-mail about another group interview session. I respond immediately that I'm available, and almost immediately receive another e-mail saying they're rescheduling the interview session for a different day, and would be in touch after the new year. The first couple weeks of January come and go, I don't hear anything, so I reach out again and I'm met with radio silence.

Seeing as I never actually got a chance to interview, I can't comment on the difficulty of questions or quality of interviewers, but the fact that they fed me the same "rescheduling" line twice was pretty frustrating and makes me question their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for an interview on X date?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

4 person panel interview. Easy as long as you have some media experience. You interview win a room with 5 other candidates, which isn't to bad. The whole process takes 2 days to a week. Make sure to bring extra copies of your resume.