Mindshare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mindshare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.6

Associate Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter / HR reached out quickly to do a phone screen and then asked that I come in for a physical interview at the local office. I went in an I thought it went very well and then I heard nothing for weeks until a different manager called to do an additional interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experience. "What traits do you want from a manger or supervisor."   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informal interview process. Recruiter reached out, phone call and then went to the office to meet the team. The interview was merely a conversation in general about my work past and some about the structure of the team. The interviewers did not seem to have set questions but rather just came in with a copy of my resume. They were all easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

At the end of the day, the role was good and the pay was competitive. I wanted to move my career in a different direction than pure agency. As a side note, their benefits were not very good.

Databytes (Data Analytics) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I originally applied late Feb and got an email in April regarding a phone interview

To my surprise, the email disclosed that I was considered a finalist for the summer internship program based off my resume and that they wanted phone interview which I scheduled 2 days later after communicating via email with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself was very casual as the hiring manager asked me simply why I wanted to intern at Mindshare and from there it became a relaxed conversation. After conversing for about 20 - 30 mins about the program and the company, I was given an offer which I accepted.

Digital Investment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied and got an email to schedule a phone interview. I called the hiring manager and discussed aspects and logistics of the job. She seemed to know what type of intern she was looking for, and seemed to push me to another internship program under Mindshare.

Digital Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with hiring manager in the office very last minute. The interview was very informal, and consisted of a 30 minute chat/discussion which was very productive.

We discussed role and responsibilities, company culture, and my background and experiences.
    The manager was very open and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to deal with someone difficult. How did you handle this person? Did you get the manager involved?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Social Media Strategy Manager (North America) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone screen with HR (45 minutes), A phone screen with the Associate Director (45 minutes) and a face-to-face meeting with the Associate Director and VP (1 hour).

The end of the process was horrible. I had a great interview, invested a ton of time in the process (And was even told after my final interview that I was more than qualified and had great enthusiasm for the job).

Outside of being a tad bit nervous in my interview, I believed the team was experienced enough to understand that I really wanted the job and not to take my nerves too seriously (I was wrong).

After my final interview, I stayed in touch with the in-house recruiter but immediately was turned off that the Associate Director and VP informed the recruiter that they were moving on with other candidates, because they felt I wasn't a good fit for the position or team (This is after the Associate Director told me I was qualified and had the right enthusiasm for the role). They even lied and said my answers were not in-depth enough (I gave them more information, ideas, and details than most do for a mid-level social media manager role). I would have respected them more, if they said they didn't feel like it was a good personality fit.

Overall, I think this is probably a very slow-pace team, even though they presented the role and department as fast-pace. The role has been open since January 2016, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the social media platforms. They also don't seem urgent to hire anybody either, even though they said they are looking to fill the role ASAP and the Associate Director mentioned multiple times that she was drowning in her own work load.

I think they are somewhat unsure of what they want, and after their complaints about the person who had this role before, I wonder if they might be the problem and not the applicants / past employee. I might have dodged a bullet, and I think my interest in a fast-pace environment, heavy work load and my overload of knowledge scared them away...along with my nerves. It wasn't a good fit, but something to keep in mind for current and future applicants.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an email sent with 10 questions you had to answer and send back to company. Next, there was a phone interview. The final interview (in my experience) was a Skype interview that lasted about 3 minutes. The only reason why I declined my offer was because I never had an in-office interview. I was not sure what the office was like, other then what people said on this website. If I had met the people and liked the atmosphere, I would have chosen this opportunity over the one I accepted, but unfortunately that was not the case. Also, when I found out that I had been accepted for the internship, I had less than 48 hours to make my decision. The interview process gave me no insight into the actual company, and with a company this large, I would have liked a more in-depth interview experience.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. They asked about my excel skills, resume etc.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called for first round then invited in for an interview in person. I was interviewed by 4 members of the team and they all took turns asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to weigh an airplane without a scale how would you do it?   Answer Question

Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with the company. The first interview went really well. They asked about my general background and just kinda scoped out my personality and if i would be a good fit. my second interview though, for a different position (still an entry level position) was completely different. she asked me very little about me and asked more about marketing and even a math question.

Interview Questions

• if you are going out to lunch with some friends and the bill is 50 dollars. what is 15% tip   1 Answer

Associate, Digital Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Shortly after applying, I had a phone interview with a recruiter in San Fran(I applied to Atlanta). This interview is pretty easy, mostly just asking general questions and informing you about the position and meager salary. Then, you have an in person interview- 1 hour total, broken into 3 20 minute sessions. In my first session, there were 3 Senior Associates, and they honestly asked most of the technical questions, but it was still pretty conversational, especially since they're all around my age. Then, I had 20 minutes with the Manager-this was more informative, she did more talking than I did. Last was a 20 minute session with the Senior Partner, and I actually knew her from a college networking event. Overall, everyone was very friendly and informative.

• Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question