Mindvalley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mindvalley

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mindvalley (Remote, OR).

Interview

Interview process was very long and would take weeks to get a simple reply. I would have to follow up twice on many occasions and wait at least a week and half to two weeks to get a response.

Really unprofessional in that after going through the multiple interview to not even get response if I had gotten the job or not. Literally just went dark after following up. Very confused as to how a company can comfortably represent itself in such a way.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard as far as technical interview for a web developer. Tested aptitude on the technologies they listed in their posting   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all via Skype, since I was not in Malaysia at the time. Pretty standard questions, mostly pertaining to SEO best practices, situational questions, and updates in the SEO world.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is very low here... so be prepared for that.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mindvalley.

Interview

Quick and easy, no major tricks, they were just looking for sales people.

CSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mindvalley (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first two interviews were amazing, late but amazing interviewers. Except for the last one with the manager was terrible and not at the promised time. Some eye rolling going on and no nice approach (as offered by the company products). It was a very bad experience and made me back off of the position. It seems a young kid in a big position, no maturity level to handle a proper video interview, lack of interest and personal presentation.

Sadly no real benefits were offered by the company either, unless you are in the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• For how long I was planning to work there.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Interview

2 interviews on Skype with one senior manager and the CEO.

Very conversational. Thought I did terrible but ended up being accepted. Don't freak out if they ask you weird questions. Take your time and ask questions back.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't your grades better?
      Why didn't you study Business?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindvalley (New York, NY).

Interview

First they assigned a challenge which takes 7 days. For me it took 5 full days, middle level library implementation.

Then I talked with Android tech lead and one another guy. They asked classic Android questions. Ask them to clarify their questions since it's hard to understand the questions from their Indian accent and they are in a hurry.

1- I told that I had a surgery but no one really care about it.

2- It was stated that interview will be 1 hour long, but after 30 minutes interviewer said okey we are done. For me this was a ride behavior.

For me it's better to not get offer since I don't want to work with this kind of people. Might not be good match If soft skills of your teammates important for you.

Interview Questions

• Android services, intent service, kapt, design patterns, mvvm, MVP, lifecycle etc   Answer Question

Production and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindvalley (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

This interview reminded me more of a sales pitch. Lifebook Invited about 15 people into the room, and encouraged us to make niceties with each other in a cocktail lounge type setting. It turned out, everyone was applying for the same and different jobs. After we watched a half hour movie/presentation on the company, we all were given a 5 minute one on one interview. Upon leaving, we were told to write an email expressing our interest in working for them. The entire experience gave me a weird Stepford Wive kind of feel.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, the setting was mostly uncomfortable. Being put in a room with 15 other people not knowing if you are in competition or what... bizarre.   Answer Question

Growth Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindvalley (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Extensive, but good as it weeds out the people who dont actually have a vested interested. 3-minute long video about yourself, Skype interview from New York, and a green light!

World's Most Awesome Job Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindvalley.

Interview

This position was advertised all over the internet. Facebook. Twitter. YouTube. It even has a microsite that is dedicated to spreading the word about how awesome this job is.

It was required that I make a 3 minute resume video. That came with challenges. As a novice videographer, editing and creating the video was a learning opportunity to say the least. The deadline for submitting the video and applying for this job was May 15th. According to Mindvalley, it was absolutely required that a video be submitted by this date in order to have even a chance at interviewing.

You can go on Youtube and see all of the submissions that applicants have not taken down yet. It is a real testament to how eager people are about working for this company. Most the videos are not that great. A few are engaging. Some tell a story. Some show a unique personality/POV. Most left me thinking... seriously? At the very most I thought that 7 people were my competition.

Based how the amount of passion and energy I put into this, I have to assume that most all applicants also gave at least a week or two of their lives doing the same. After all, the video is all you have, really. You are not going to create a video unless you are serious about this job. It's not like sending a cover letter via email that might take an hour or two to perfect. This is for serious applicants only.

For me, this involved storyboarding, filming, editing, writing scripts, buying licensed music, re-filming, finding a friend to film, scouting locations, re-editing, late nights making it perfect, many hours and a couple of arguments with a loved one.

Of course, Mindvalley asked for "nothing fancy" but isn't this a rare opportunity to show what you can bring?

Some submissions were not fancy at all: Applicant on a couch talking to directly to the camera for 3 minutes straight. Words only. No editing. No production. No creativity. Nothing unique. Just someone on a couch talking. Some of these words were powerful, yes.

But does that show what you are capable of? That you take things to the next level? That you are an A-player? That you want this more than anything? After all, aren't they looking for seriously talented and creative people? A first assignment, if you will....

I had to show them that I will put just as much energy into my work as I did for my video resume, that I am talented, imaginative and understand the power of engagement, visuals, creation, media, and that I will sacrifice and that I am eager to learn new things and that taking things to the next level is in my blood.

I had a couple of skype interviews, The questions were not challenging. The bulk of the interviews were talking about my experience and how it relates and hearing about the speakers. I also had an extremely easy assignment to complete. It was to make an event budget based on the information provided and send ideas to market awesomenessfest.

The next step was an interview with the CEO.

The morning of my interview with the CEO, it was canceled. I found out from the HR rep rather than the people I interviewed with which I thought was a bit unprofessional.

This is mainly because during my previous skype call, I was told that it was me and 2 other candidates remaining.

When i inquired as to why they passed on me, I was given no information.

Typically at this stage in the interview process, when it is down to so few candidates, feedback is important and expected.

Interview Questions

• nothing was too challenging. They were easy. If anything, I was uncertain what they were looking for based on the questions.   2 Answers

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindvalley (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2013.

Interview

There were two Skype calls followed by an invitation to interview in their office in Kuala Lumpur. Their office space was impressive, and it has a very large room called the "Hall of Awesomeness." I met with the engineering team for about 30 minutes, followed by the founder for another 30 minutes.

The salary offered is take it or leave it, and travel expenses were never reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest piece of software on which you have ever worked?   1 Answer

Salary is local and not competitive outside Malaysia.