Minto Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted resume, I received a phone call interview a few weeks later with no warning. I was asked a few basic questions, but the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and only interested in checking off boxes and filling in blanks that were already filled out in the online application. She didn't know much about the role and it felt like she was reading off a script.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience regarding the role?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in the role?   Answer Question

Site Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A pre screening phone interview that was done first. The HR personnel asked very generic questions. I was asked for a second round panel interview. I was waiting a response from minto for 1 month.

Contracts and Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Minto Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They were friendly and asked work related questions as well as personality type questions. There is the opportunity to let them know who you are and what you are about. It wasn't strict and I felt at ease pretty quickly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Minto Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very simple, I was asked questions about ERP applications and my previous experience in developing financial models. Technical questions were asked and I answered them correctly. Hiring process is easy, you should find the recruiter who works with this company.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Minto Group.

Interview

I applied internally and got a phone call from HR and they set up an interview with the manager. The interview was short for me as I discussed about my background and skills with HR before.

Financial Analyst (Toronto) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 months from online application till the offer.

At first there was a phone screening interview with HR Department. Most of the questions were resume related. Very friendly conversation, no tricky questions.

Next, as I was based in another province, two Skype interviews were arranged. The interviews were more technical with Senior Management. Again, only experience related questions to find out whether I can get the job done.

The following stage was a case study. Not too difficult but quite interesting and similar to real life assignments.

Final step was a face to face interview in Toronto. Minto Group booked a flight and hotel for me. I had an opportunity to learn more about the company. Shortly after this interview and references check I received and accepted the offer.

Overall very positive experience. Great impression from the interview process and the company as well.

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was done in September. Asked very generic behavioral questions. I was promptly asked for a second round panel interview. Following that experience, I was waiting a response from the company for 2 months. Overall, I was not impressed.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Redundant interviews that wasted my time.

I first had a phone interview with someone from the HR dept. The interview went well, and the woman told me that they were very interested in me for the position. She asked me to come in for a sit down interview.

I attended the sit down interview and after a few new questions the woman informed me that she had asked me most everything that they needed to know during the phone interview. We made some small talk and I was introduced to the person I would be replacing. My potential predecessor and I had a conversation in which I learned that I have 5 years more industry experience than she had and I had also worked in several other aspects of the construction business that she had not, which would again point to me as more qualified.

A few days later I received a call from another HR person asking me to attend another interview with the executive I would report to, should I get hired. The interview again rehashed many of the same questions I was asked on the phone interview. And to be quite honest I found the tone to be condescending at times, with questions like 'are you comfortable writing emails'. For the record I worked as a professional writer for more that 3 years when I first graduated from post secondary and this fact is outlined on my resume, which this individual was holding while he asked these questions.

A day or so after the third interview, I wrote a thank you note to the HR contact that I was dealing with the most. It took almost 3 weeks to hear back from her, and the news was they had given the position to someone else.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

first I had phone interview and the next day an in person interview where I was asked the exact same questions all over again. There were even some awkward moments where I felt they weren't sure what to ask me. But in general they were very basic questions where you could search up on the internet. I had no questions that related to my job though.

Interview Questions

Minto Group Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank-you for your feedback. We note that you were offered the role, but that you rate your candidate experience as negative. As a current employee, please reach out to your HR Business Partner to ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Minto Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

short and sweet didn't take me long, I got the job so id say it worked out for me. Just act professional but like I said Minto doesn't deserve you anyways they like hiring crappy people and never promote from within.