Missionary Training Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Missionary Training Center Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.9

Italian Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center.

Interview

It was a few years ago. They ask you to do a role play to see how you teach but they are kind and let you redo it if it's not going well.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain SYL to missionaries on their first day in their mission language?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT).

Interview

The MTC requires a language evaluation as well as a teaching demonstration. You will have a 10 to 15 minute conversation with one of the language evaluators for the language evaluation. The teaching demonstration can be done through video or in-person.

MTC Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first interview was a teaching evaluation where you teach a gospel principle in a short time period. The second was a group interview, where you are with other candidates. The third was a one on one with several area managers that followed the more traditional interview format.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center.

Interview

The interview process was very long. First, you have to prepare a 10 minute lesson on a Preach My Gospel principle that you must physically go the MTC to teach to two teachers, or post a video of yourself teaching two people online so they can rate your teaching. If they have positions open and you do well in your rating session, they'll call you in for an interview with a teaching coordinator (usually weeks after the rating session), where they'll ask questions and give you different scenarios to further evaluate your teaching. I was interviewed by one guy and it was really pleasant. They had me roleplay walking into the classroom with missionaries misbehaving and I had to teach them the doctrine of why they should be behaving better. This interview was very focused on the doctrine of Christ and the Spirit. Because my schedule conflicted with the shifts available with this teaching coordinator, he recommended me to interview with a different teaching coordinator about a week later, who had shifts that better fit my availability.

I interviewed with this different teaching coordinator a week later, and this interview was different and less pleasant. It was just her while the other interview was the teaching coordinator and two teachers. She asked me less questions, and the interview was mostly roleplaying with her. She had me roleplay teaching her about a scripture, talking to a missionary about why they were misbehaving, and teaching an investigator. She was way less focused on the Spirit and more nitpicky about how I taught. I guess you never really know what you're going to get with the interviews. The hard thing about applying at the MTC is that it really could take weeks to get the job because you're only called in for an interview when positions are available. The nice thing is that they keep your application on file for a year, so if you don't get the job the first time you apply you could have a chance later.

Teacher Interview

Interview

You fill out an application online. Then you have a meeting at the MTC where you teach someone. If they call you back, you meet with a coordinator. It was a very long process.

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT).

Interview

The first 15 minutes they want to gauge your fit with the company. They get to know you and ask you about your resume and why you are interested etc. Then they run you through a mock IT problem that you would face on the job. They are interested in seeing how you react when you don't know the answer. Do you tense up or are you calm? Do you use resources to figure out the solution or do you just say that you don't know? Do you ask questions to isolate the problem?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT).

Interview

Basically I just got a referred by a friend. I then had the interview and was asked pretty easy questions about Data Structures. I stumbled a couple of times on remembering what I had learned in class previously but the interviewer helped a little and I got through it. It was a good experience and I felt good about accepting the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do an insert on a Linked List.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Lengthy, unrealistic, and intimating. I had 4 different interviews and after each one they told me that they would contact me in two weeks, so it was a long process.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel it is that the lord expects you to offer his missionaries.   Answer Question

Spanish Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

They mostly asked me why I wanted to work at the MTC and described the position I was applying for. We talked about my mission and what I had learned about teaching about the gospel. They also assessed my ability to speak and teach in another language.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a situation with a missionary, and asked me to roleplay the situation.   1 Answer

Media Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

They give you a short test on knowledge of media concepts. The test is not very hard, however, it required basic knowledge about video, audio, and light. If you pass they do an interview with you

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?
      Tell us more about your previous supervisor?
      What should we hire you?   Answer Question