Missionary Training Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Missionary Training Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Teacher Interview

Interview

You fill out an application online. Then you have a meeting at the MTC where you teach someone. If they call you back, you meet with a coordinator. It was a very long process.

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT).

Interview

The first 15 minutes they want to gauge your fit with the company. They get to know you and ask you about your resume and why you are interested etc. Then they run you through a mock IT problem that you would face on the job. They are interested in seeing how you react when you don't know the answer. Do you tense up or are you calm? Do you use resources to figure out the solution or do you just say that you don't know? Do you ask questions to isolate the problem?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT).

Interview

Basically I just got a referred by a friend. I then had the interview and was asked pretty easy questions about Data Structures. I stumbled a couple of times on remembering what I had learned in class previously but the interviewer helped a little and I got through it. It was a good experience and I felt good about accepting the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do an insert on a Linked List.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Lengthy, unrealistic, and intimating. I had 4 different interviews and after each one they told me that they would contact me in two weeks, so it was a long process.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel it is that the lord expects you to offer his missionaries.   Answer Question

Media Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

They give you a short test on knowledge of media concepts. The test is not very hard, however, it required basic knowledge about video, audio, and light. If you pass they do an interview with you

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?
      Tell us more about your previous supervisor?
      What should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Curriculum Development Spcecialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Great interview with the project manager and coordinators. They are creating second language learning books for missionaries serving in Eastern European countries that will help them to about their 1 year point.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with InDesign? What are the biggest challenges you will face to make this the best tool possible for missionaries.   Answer Question

TRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

My friend recommended me, but the department was changing. So they took a couple of weeks in order to get the interview. They call you and do a 20 min interview with the supervisor. The interview is super basic. They want to know who you are and your schedule.

Interview Questions

• Which languages do you speak? How are you going to help missionaries learning Spanish? Do you know the missionary purpose?   1 Answer

Security Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

A friend introduced me to the supervisor who then asked for my resume. A lot of the jobs available are filled by friends of friends. Essentially it's about who knows who.

Interview Questions

• How do your future plans play into role with this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation per say.

Foreign Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

You need to start at the MTC main campus with the standard preliminary interviews. These beginning interviews are centered on teaching a lesson from Preach My Gospel. Then, you can apply to openings in the online tutoring department. For that interview, I was interviewed on main campus and then referred to the online tutoring department. For that interview, the training coordinators asked me to speak to them in my teaching language and to teach them a language principle.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you would teach a foreign language concept?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Missionary Training Center (Provo, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

10 minutes timed to practice teaching one of the missionary lessons, the objective to bring the spirit, be a facilitator of learning, and strengthen commitment to follow Christ. You choose when to start the timer. They asked questions to get to know you about your mission, simple but no feedback on how you did. language interviews over phone, to see your conversational skills with several questions to check your understanding of grammar and vocabulary at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions (To check language skills) How do you say (how far?)   Answer Question