Missouri State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Missouri State University

2.4

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

It was long and drawn out.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty laid back interview. I already had someone email the person to give a recommendation and I got hired on the spot. Great experience and flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for this position?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

it was a quick discussion with the director. The focus was mainly on whether I had the requisite qualifications to tutor math, which I did. Very informal, offer made immediately.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview process was rather easy as I needed to talk with the graduate director of the comms department. Very friendly and easy to do.

Interview Questions

• Again, interview process was easy and just needed to touch on my educational background and future goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO).

Interview

It was very conversational. The department head just wanted to learn more about me and described what I would be doing. One of the easiest interviews I've had. However, your experience may vary depending on the department.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruitment Weekend Interview Day: students were asked to apply for as many positions as they desired and then the employer selected the desired candidates. Selected candidates were asked to interview during the recruitment weekend interview day. Interviews lasted 30 minutes with 20 minutes of interviews and 10 minutes of questions. The interview process was formal and allowed for an hour break for students to have lunch with all the professional staff interviewing candidates. It was a pleasant interview day.

Interview Questions

• Discuss experience working with students
      Discuss involvement in campus activities
      Discuss leadership experience
      Discuss strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to Graduate Recruitment Weekend and interviewed with 5 different supervisors. The questions were pretty basic, but also each supervisor has questions specific to their department, but they were mostly, tell us about yourself, why are you choosing to come to MSU and work as a graduate assistant, ect.
    This process is unique because you rank the assistantships you want in order and the supervisors all get together and rank you. They try to match you with the supervisor who wanted you most in relation to the assistantship you want most. I chose the Admissions office and they chose me. I received an offer about 2 weeks after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges facing students and parents of students sending their children to college?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

Very formal, asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I just went through my prior experience and career goals. After a couple of days they got back to me with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Each department hiring will do the interview. You are required to send in a resume and application. They just asked about my experience and how I would fit in the role. It was a fairly normal interview. It lasted 30 minutes or so.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

A few fairly straight forward questions to test your time management and ethical skills. There was a group of interviewers that all worked at the same department I wanted to work for. No tricky questions were asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you the GA and a professor you are working with did not get along?   Answer Question