Missouri State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview before invited to campus for an in-person interview. Interview included a written test of customer service questions and sql. Interview was conducted by four-person team from the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have worked with a frustrated/angry customer and how you resolved the situation.
      Describe experience managing a database.
      How do you deal with stress?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to Graduate Recruitment Weekend and interviewed with 5 different supervisors. The questions were pretty basic, but also each supervisor has questions specific to their department, but they were mostly, tell us about yourself, why are you choosing to come to MSU and work as a graduate assistant, ect.
    This process is unique because you rank the assistantships you want in order and the supervisors all get together and rank you. They try to match you with the supervisor who wanted you most in relation to the assistantship you want most. I chose the Admissions office and they chose me. I received an offer about 2 weeks after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges facing students and parents of students sending their children to college?   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sprin, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Sprin, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a conversation with Administrative Assistant II at the Front Desk. First we talked on the phone and then I received a call back for an in person interview. I meet with Administrative Assistant and answered a few questions we visited then I waited for the Department Head she had a few questions for me. Then all three of us just visited with each other for awhile. The total time for the in person interview was an hour and fifteen minutes and much of that was just visiting with one another.

Interview Questions

• What office experience did you have?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was studying already and as international student I had the chance to work on campus. As a reuslt, I had the opportunity to work no more than 20 hours per week, which was helpful for my expenses in the United States.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Missouri State University in November 2015.

Interview

Actually I have applied for MS admission. After that, I have got admission and the department had contacted with me for an interview with professor via skype so that they can judge me about my ability. After that, we had a meeting via skype. It goes well with very friendly discussion about my ambition for research. After few days, I have got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your future target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Springfield, MO).

Interview

It was very conversational. The department head just wanted to learn more about me and described what I would be doing. One of the easiest interviews I've had. However, your experience may vary depending on the department.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

ESL Conseling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Missouri State University (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer interviewed me face to face, told me more information about the position and asked me related questions.
    Than she asked me to wait for the manager. But the manager was busy at that time, so she let me leave first and told me she would imform me the interviewing answer in the end of this week.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have before?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

1. phone interview first with 4 people; asked a few basic screening questions 2. 2-day campus interview with vice president, dean and faculty members/graduate students; very friendly school (with welcome basket in the hotel room and everything); a large campus;

Interview Questions

• why you apply; what classes you can teach; your research plan   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

I began working for the Missouri State Bookstore as a temporary position, they where looking for short term text reservation help therefore had very standard process with typical strength/ weakness questions. I was taking into a conference room at the Bookstore and interviewed. Once accepted with a call there was a training orientation before beginning. After the Text Reservation process I was grandfathered into a part-time position because of my ability to work hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set offer of minimum wage no negotiation

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Missouri State University.

Interview

Very formal, asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I just went through my prior experience and career goals. After a couple of days they got back to me with an offer.