Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.1

Book Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Relatively formal. Basic interview questions, very straight forward. Refrain from any salary related questions. two people may interview you for the position. They will give you a small tour of the area before they take you into a conference room. The interview took a little bit over 45 minutes. Review common interview questions and job description and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses?
      Experience related to position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines in March 2012.

Interview

Had an interview with three different managers. Several tough questions but not that tough. The process was informal. The working environment was very good. Very nice people.

Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

it is 3 rounds totally
    and went well. 3 round total.written test,typing &HR finally manager round.an eerything went well .but need some patience coz there is heavy gap between each round.apart from that everything is cool

Marine Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines.

Interview

Selection Process Includes Following Stages:
    1. Written Examination ( MCQ - includes Mental Ability, Science, IQ, and a tough English Vocabulary)
    2. Interview ( by a Panel - includes Personal Questions followed by Technical Questions)
    3. Medical Examination
    4. Psychometric Test

Overall Experience : A Learning Experience as it was my First Interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company & Why should we hire You.   Answer Question

Chief Engineer On Ship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Chennai (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

This was a repeat contract with this company. The first time application was based on contact from the recruiting company followed by on line application consisting of biodata and service record. The documents were checked of experiencing and licences. Then phone interview was conducted followed by in person meeting at head office. 2nd and subsequent times interviews were by video conference when job details were discussed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was based on number of years of experience and type of ships worked on. Ask for salry tablefor differant types and years.

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Pune (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Written Test conducted. Short Listed candidates had to face interview.
    2-3 Chief Engineers in interview Panel. Starting from Personal info to technical
    questions being asked.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines in March 2009.

Interview

The company is urgently looking for a sales on certain position. So generally, the whole process is fast. Took tests and then directly went into 1 on 1 interview. And one week later, they gave me the offer.
    They need more professional experience rather than caring about who you are.

Interview Questions

• How do you tackle the situation when a vip customer has a request which is beyond what company can provide?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines in August 2008.

Interview

This phase was simple as the company standards are up so the negotiations are not required. The offers made are as per the market standards and even a little better. The interview was viewed as a difficult phase, but actually it was the easiest of them all.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2015.

Interview

Gesprek met twee directe collegas (1 op locatie aanwezig, de andere collega was via video conference aanwezig) - dit was het eerste gesprek. Tweede en eindgesprek was met uiteindelijke manager

Interview Questions

• diverse - vooral op kennismaking gericht en deels op manier van werken   Answer Question