Modern Hire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Hire Interview Questions

Interviews at Modern Hire

2.8

Pool Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Hire in April 2016.

Interview

Went through about 3 interviews with different levels of management. Great people every time. Conducted a FaceTime interview due to me being across the country at the moment. Not a nervous process at all. Looking forward to working with montage in the near future

Interview Questions

Modern Hire Response

May 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for the positive review; however, this Montage is a video and voice interviewing technology software company. This must have been meant for a different company. :)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Modern Hire.

Interview

Standard phone interview. In person interview had some whiteboard questions as well as personal. Also questions on system design. Get to use their software which was fun.
    Had one on one interview and also a panel interview with developers.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your a good developer.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modern Hire.

Interview

Very poor experience, it felt very forced and the people lacked experience. I actually felt very much like a guinna pig. The only person I met with that was a professional was the head of the operations area. They use their software, which makes sense so you can see the product but it is a very in human experience and some what at a senior level shouldn't be treated the same as an hourly employee.

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delafield, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Hire (Delafield, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Lengthy process using their suite of products. First a phone interview, then a recorded video interview, then a live video interview, and finally an in-person interview where I met with 4 different groups of people.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Hire (Delafield, WI) in December 2018.

Interview

Montage has the applicant use their software solution for the entire interview process. This includes answering text message screening questions, a pre-recorded 'on-demand' interview, a live-video interview, and an in-person interview, which included preparing a 20 minute demonstration of the Montage product.

Montage promises to streamline the interview process. engaging top-talent, and not wasting their time. They do not deliver on this promise.
    In reality, I devoted at least twice the amount of time I normally would for the application and interview process - many more hours than I would have for any other interview process. In the end, I left the in person interview with encouraging words indicating I had performed well, that I would hear back in 1 or 2 days. I waited 2.5 weeks before calling the hiring manager to learn that they had gone with another candidate.
    "Oh, sorry, 'so-and-so' was supposed to call you back".

Montage fails in their aim to engage professionals in a fast, streamlined interview process. At least, they fail to implement their own solution successfully.

I felt taken advantage of, as if they were testing their software on me, rather than trying to get to know me as a person who might join their team.

Rest assured, this is a product to benefit HR recruiting teams. The 'improving the candidate experience' promise is empty, or at least a colossal failure.

I do not recommend any company that fails to deliver on a core promise of their mission statement.

Pro-Tip: If you are extended an 'Live' or 'In Person' inteview, everyone you interact with will have seen your 'on-demand' recordings. Make sure to come prepared with new experiences or stories to tell, other than what you answered in your pre-recorded questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to change someone's mind.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience in delivering technical sales demonstrations.   Answer Question
    • What is your learning style?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with HR or recruiting?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have for us, about the product, about our team, about our company history?   Answer Question

Modern Hire Response

Feb 4, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and have reviewed it to evaluate how we can improve our process. I am sorry that you feel you were taken advantage of during our interview process. Our intent with the use of our self scheduling tool, on demand video interview, and live video interview is to spend time to get to know our candidates, as well as allow our candidates to experience our software.
    We do strive to provide timely feedback to our candidates and in this instance not providing you with that timely feedback was an oversight. We have adjusted our process to ensure that step in the process is not overlooked in the future.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Hire in June 2018.

Interview

I was asked to complete a 5 question interview using the Montage platform. The interview is self directed and you can re-record any answers you weren’t confident of. At the end of they day, it’s an interesting process where you can take all the time you need to answer. It feels like a strange way to hire for an enterprise role and may be better suited for lower level positions. The questions also weren’t in depth to uncover someone’s background or value add. The process was impersonal and there was no feedback given upon rejection just a template email stating they’ve moved on with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Hire (Delafield, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a negative experience with this company, and would not recommend it to others. I went through 12+ hours of phone, video and face to face interviews, 5.5 of which were with the CEO and acting head of sales. The questions were repetitive and invasive.

The last interview they scheduled with me was supposed to be me presenting an account marketing strategy for 2 of their largest accounts. I was so excited about it, but they never sent me any info what accounts, even after I followed up numerous times. Then, the day before the interview, the Hiring Manager informed me that they were changing the interview to talking about 3 roles at the company, not just the one I'd been targeting. So I basically went back to square one after hours of interviewing. They had me drive to Wisconsin from Chicago for the second time to answer mainly questions I had already answered, but I still felt pretty good about the opportunity. Until the end of the interview, I tried to assume the close and said, so I think I'm getting hired but you're just not sure which role I fit yet, and the CEO laughed in my face, and said, no, you're not hired. I need to confer with the others and then we'll get back to you very quickly. I never heard from them again.

I'm fine with not getting the position, and I guess it was not the right fit for me. I'm upset because I wrote to the CEO asking for feedback as to what I may have done wrong in the process, hoping for some constructive criticism and didn't even receive a response. And this was after he had said they would get back to me very quickly. This is a company whose mission is to improve the hiring process for employers AND potential candidates by making the process easier and more efficient. They certainly did not fulfill that mission with me!!

Interview Questions

• What sales role or accomplishment changed you?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Hire in January 2016.

Interview

Had high hopes for this organization. The marketing and mission statements were aligned with mine being "customer focused" and the culture seemed to be a great fit!

It was an extensive interview process and heard wonderful feedback throughout! Fast forward to the 5th interview where most candidates would feel it looks to be promising ! Then absolutely nothing, crickets for almost two weeks then I had to reach out to get a response. Highly disappointing especially after the CEO was proud of the transparent, efficient candidate experience he claimed existed. That was not what I experienced. Unfortunate as I know many Talent Executives that could have used Montage products.

Hope they are more mindful in the future that the candidates time is in fact important as well. I do not recommend.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Hire (Delafield, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

When I interviewed with Montage the process was very quick. I had a phone interview with Randy, completed an OnDemand video interview, spoke with my potential boss through the Live video platform and as a final stage of the process, came onsite to meet with the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your careers goals and how do you see Montage fitting into that?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Hire (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

This company uses its technology to prescreen so be prepared to go through a video interview as that's what they create and sell. Be prepared to embrace the online interview process as its the core business.

Interview Questions

• The questions over video are normal questions but have the added element of having to record yourself, the nice part is you can re-record a few times until you feel you have said what you want to say.   Answer Question