ModusLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.2

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ModusLink (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

2 Interviews. Very straigh forward no surprises and very relax atmosphere, 2 persons on the first interview, 2 also on the second one. First one was with management and the second one with could be co-workers

Interview Questions

• What happened when a customer tells you no?   1 Answer

Acct Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ModusLink (Waltham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screens with HR search consultant and hiring manager followed by in person interviews. HR person was new to the company and unable to shed much light beyond that after receipt of an offer, the person hired would need to undergo background checks and drug screen. Interview process and follow up was awkward at best and didn't shine a positive light on the company. Onsite interview agenda and goals were not clear and consisted of a presentation by me followed by game show like questions without the opportunity to phone a friend for help. I think this may be a very good company but the interview process did nothing to demonstrate this.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? The interview did not provide any information on the company or role that would be needed to make me comfortable that I'd even want to be hired and to provide sincere, actionable reasons.   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ModusLink.

Interview

They used a staffing agency initially since the turnover rate for positions in their call center are fairly normal albeit high. There was 2 interviews, one initially to do drug testing, fill out paperwork, and take a personality test. The second was to review conduct and discuss how I would fulfill my position's requirements. Offices were clean, friendly, and had the feel of a serious, but welcoming company. Interviewers were decent, but lacked the overall quality that may be needed for more serious individuals.

Interview Questions

Took another position from them

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ModusLink (Newark, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was straight forward through an in-house recruiter. After the recruiter's phone interview, he asked me for a face to face interview after 5 days. Met the hiring manager for the interview and was hired after this interview.

Interview Questions

• What are type of employer are you looking for?   1 Answer

Level III NAS Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ModusLink (Orem, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process is minimal. Generally, they care mostly about your schedule and what shift works for you. No offense to anyone working there, but with a pulse, they'll give you a shot most of the time. Quantity often trumps quality and they focus a little bit on experience, whether temporary or long-term from previous employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any call center support or sales experience? If so, what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, what was offered online in the job posting is what they offer, no surprises there.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ModusLink (Raleigh, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Easy. Manager was knowledgeable and was mostly making sure I had the right attitude and would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Not sure. Probably was a tech based question that was asking about something that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

pretty much take it or leave it.

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ModusLink (Orem, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

I didn't have an interview. I applied online and received a call the next morning at 8:30 am asking if I could be there in 30 minutes to start training. They did not explain what type of job or training. They told me over the phone to dress business casual and if I was late it was OK. I showed up, signed a few papers, and was rushed off to training.

Interview Questions

• Like I explained above, there was no interview at all.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ModusLink (Raleigh, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

I worked for the company as a contract employee when I first went to work for the company. I interviewed with the contract company first and then they sent me to Moduslink for another interview. The interview went very well and they made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Negotiation

offered a pay through the contract agent

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ModusLink (Dedham, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

First Interview consisted of phone call to discuss overall skills and Resume Review.

On-site Interview process consisted of a 1.5 hour skills test in a VM Environment where you had to answer demonstrate and answer questions on a worksheet. After the skills test you were interviewed about the particular questions that were given and how you figured out certain questions on the test. Interviews with potential boss and co-workers was last.

Overall process - 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses; i.e. strong in Windows & networking, weak in Linux.   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ModusLink (Cork (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

Used C&M recruitment, cork. Lovely to deal with

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You get what you get.