ModusLink Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ModusLink CEO James R. Henderson
James R. Henderson

Pros
  • Great benefits and PTO/sick time (in 5 reviews)

• New management is focusing to increase revenue and gross profit (in 3 reviews)

"Call center"

Current Employee - Member Services in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Member Services in Orem, UT

Pros

Friendly, relaxed, immediatel Supervisor is helpful and personable

Cons

Lack of employee benefits, not very transparent, lack of decent incentives

Advice to Management

What is the company structure? Who is my top down leader? What are my future opportunities? Does this company know who I am? Does this company know my background, my strengths, weaknesses,education? I don't even know the pay structure, earning potential or reveiw schedule. The attendance scoring system is frightening.

"Run!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at ModusLink (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Competent operational team.

Cons

Shrinking account base. Poorly conceived and executed sales strategy. Outmoded product offering. Poor follow through of senior management on new solution implementation. Plummeting stock price. Bleeding cash.

Advice to Management

Sell what's left to a company that knows what it's doing.

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Pros

A few coworkers were OK to work with.

Cons

Everyone there was always stressed, unhappy and had the morale of inmates serving time in the penitentiary. My direct manager was constantly yelling at everyone(including customers), micromanaging, and didn't even grant me the logins to perform my own duties. This place has redefined my concept on what a horrible workplace really is.

Advice to Management

To upper management: You need to have a closer look at what's going on in the lower levels of your operation. Stop hiring managers that create such an awful work environment and are incompetent in their own duties as well. Hopefully your rating on here is a wake-up call.

5. "Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Contact Center Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Contact Center Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ModusLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and PTO/sick time.

Cons

There is a definite clique within the company and if you want to move up in positions you will need to be "in" with them

"ML Review"

Former Employee - Business Operations Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Business Operations Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at ModusLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talented people. Dedicated to company.

Cons

No raises. Keeps losing money. Poor communication. Sad culture. Everyone feels like it's the Titantic. Endless layoffs.

Advice to Management

Just file chapter 11 already!

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ModusLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great and I feel adequately compensated for the different kinds I was doing. I would recommend this as a good workplace.

Cons

I believe the company would do well diversifying into new markets. It felt at times that the market was moving faster then the company.

"Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ModusLink (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned a lot of skills. Great benefits plan, PTO, Sick time and personal time off.

Cons

Management picks and chooses who they going to mentor and move up in positions, which is not based on the work, but if you are in the 'in' group.

Advice to Management

provide positive work environment and help employee's achieve desired career paths.

"Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I have been working at ModusLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is extremely divers and there are new challenges daily, which is good. ML is also a global company, so you get the opportunity to interact with people across the globe.

Cons

There is no global leadership, which causes numerous issues with completing projects on time or implementing standards. The company also have a very poor financial status currently.

Advice to Management

ML needs global leadership and ownership. The business operates too much in silos, with no one leading and guiding them.

"Does Not Know the Value of Employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at ModusLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are usually great. My direct supervisor was fantastic (though this is not true for all teams). Depending on the team you're on, it can be pretty easy to take time off.

Cons

Modus does not know how to show employees that they value them, and that's probably because they don't. They would rather have high turnover and constantly train new people that they can pay a minuscule amount than offer incentives for well trained employees to stick around. They offer the potential to get a raise once a year at annual review time (for actual Modus employees, contract employees through the staffing agencies never get raises), but this is contingent on how well they claim the company is doing, meaning they can refuse to give any raises at all. It's not worth it to work hard and try to excel because you certainly won't be recognized for it in any meaningful way. Definitely don't expect to get any sort of compensation if you end up taking on additional responsibilities. Communication with the leadership is also terrible. I worked with the company for over a year before either of the managers even learned my name. The company micromanages like crazy and employees are treated like children. Break time is strictly monitored, you lose attendance points for being 5 seconds late, and they even restrict the amount of personal items you're allowed to hang in your cubicle.

Advice to Management

Make an effort to show you view your employees as actual people and not just numbers. I understand you have an entire company to oversee, but it takes just a couple minutes to introduce yourself to new employees. Allow supervisors to request raises for their team members more than once a year, based truly on merit and effort. Additionally, rather than creating extremely restrictive rules, you should attempt to hire mature adults who can act appropriately at work, and learn to singularly discipline people who can't follow simple rules like logging in on time in the morning instead of punishing everyone.

"Good Co-workers, poor enviorment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at ModusLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers, I was on a particularly good project. Getting time off was easy and benefits were overall OK for me.

Cons

Low salary. ModusLink does not value their employees. This makes for a painful experience. Getting raises is difficult. Advancement is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. It is insane to me that you'd think constantly dropping employees and training new ones would be worth the headache and money lost.