Monitise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monitise Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was normal as same as other companies. Received a mail fro HR about phone screening which was scheduled on particular time. Got a call from one of their engineer than again received a mail next day for scheduling in person interview at their San Francisco office. Office location is really very good. The in-person interview lasted for around 3 hrs including their engineers and PM and at last HR. I got a mail from HR that the team really like me and gave a offer. Than I tried negotiating the offer and HR told she'll speak to the manager and get back to me in 2-3 days (after the date offer given was expiring). Then I received a mail from HR stating they have chosen another employee because that employee was asking for less money. I really found this behaviour unprofessional from a reputed company like this, if they couldn't negotiate they should tell that in first place that they have fixed budget and they arn't willing to negotiate, rather just keep delaying me and at last telling they found someone who is willing to work for less. I guess they should more concentrate on quality of employee not on how cheap can they get their work done.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monitise (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through carrier fair got reply from recruiter after one week and scheduled for face-to-face interview.The interview was average and had positive experience.The person who interviewed me is so nice and cool.

Interview Questions

• Explain about MVC,different types of JDBC drivers,difference between Rest and Soap web service.If we create id using POST how it looks like?About abstract class and interface and how to implement interface.What is dependency Injection and IOC and some SQL queries   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

Interview

Complete Lack of Common Courtesy

I was contacted by HR on LinkedIn asking for my resume which I sent. I then sent a follow up email to inquire about where things were and got no reply. So I sent another email just in case my first one got trapped as spam and got no reply again.

If you reach out to someone and express an interest at least have some courtesy and decency to reply back. Companies like this with no regard to manners should be avoided at all cost.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monitise.

Interview

Was a fairly smooth process; good communication, timely updates on next steps. The office was nice, very organized in terms of expecting my arrival, checked me in, interviewers were on time and I was impressed by the caliber of the people I met with. Overall a very good experience. Other than, however, the length of time it took from the initial interviews to offer; that took a long time for some internal process reasons.

Interview Questions

• Questions were appropriate in both relevance and difficulty; no real surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took longer than I would have expected, but they company was very responsive and kept me updated.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was thorough and very comfortable. Spoke with other team members to understand the work environment, team characters and company history. Hiring was straight forward and was fully transitioned within a few months.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage a crisis. What project management experience I had.   1 Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monitise (San Rafael, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Director 1:1, then several team members in series 1:1, the Director again

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or not

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (Istanbul (Turkey)).

Interview

Long personality form, 1 hour hackerrank quiz, 1on1 interview, some peer coding exam. Day had me waiting for 15 days and I had to decline 2 other offers just for them. And they have rejected me with absolutely no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Recursive fibonacci question with complexity calculation.   Answer Question

Interview

phone call, tech interview with one team - general stuff, small whiteboard coding on then the last stage an interview with a design team - design task on a whiteboard

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monitise.

Interview

The inteview was technical from iOS technology to objective c.
    Main questions were on design patterns, techology used, ios architecures and networking layer.

At the end they also asked me few logic questions that had to test my skills.
    After the F2F inteview they came back with an offer after 2 hours

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monitise (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Very simple.Nailed it .Didn't ask many questions.Just started showing round the company.I got the job, but i was asked to leave the job before my 3 months of probation.They said they no longer require me as they did not have many projects.I would never recommend this company even to my enemy.Very poor management.