Monitise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Monitise

Sort:

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monitise (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through carrier fair got reply from recruiter after one week and scheduled for face-to-face interview.The interview was average and had positive experience.The person who interviewed me is so nice and cool.

Interview Questions

• Explain about MVC,different types of JDBC drivers,difference between Rest and Soap web service.If we create id using POST how it looks like?About abstract class and interface and how to implement interface.What is dependency Injection and IOC and some SQL queries   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was normal as same as other companies. Received a mail fro HR about phone screening which was scheduled on particular time. Got a call from one of their engineer than again received a mail next day for scheduling in person interview at their San Francisco office. Office location is really very good. The in-person interview lasted for around 3 hrs including their engineers and PM and at last HR. I got a mail from HR that the team really like me and gave a offer. Than I tried negotiating the offer and HR told she'll speak to the manager and get back to me in 2-3 days (after the date offer given was expiring). Then I received a mail from HR stating they have chosen another employee because that employee was asking for less money. I really found this behaviour unprofessional from a reputed company like this, if they couldn't negotiate they should tell that in first place that they have fixed budget and they arn't willing to negotiate, rather just keep delaying me and at last telling they found someone who is willing to work for less. I guess they should more concentrate on quality of employee not on how cheap can they get their work done.

IT Management Interview

Interview

Complete Lack of Common Courtesy

I was contacted by HR on LinkedIn asking for my resume which I sent. I then sent a follow up email to inquire about where things were and got no reply. So I sent another email just in case my first one got trapped as spam and got no reply again.

If you reach out to someone and express an interest at least have some courtesy and decency to reply back. Companies like this with no regard to manners should be avoided at all cost.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monitise (San Rafael, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Director 1:1, then several team members in series 1:1, the Director again

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or not

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monitise.

Interview

Was a fairly smooth process; good communication, timely updates on next steps. The office was nice, very organized in terms of expecting my arrival, checked me in, interviewers were on time and I was impressed by the caliber of the people I met with. Overall a very good experience. Other than, however, the length of time it took from the initial interviews to offer; that took a long time for some internal process reasons.

Interview Questions

• Questions were appropriate in both relevance and difficulty; no real surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took longer than I would have expected, but they company was very responsive and kept me updated.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was thorough and very comfortable. Spoke with other team members to understand the work environment, team characters and company history. Hiring was straight forward and was fully transitioned within a few months.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage a crisis. What project management experience I had.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2014.

Interview

1- I applied through linkedin.
    2- an interview was appointed with HR.
    3- I attended to a technical exam and interview with department manager and HR.
    4- department manager was very friendly and intereseted.
    5- they focused more on my education than my previous jobs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (Istanbul (Turkey)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the HR and the team manager that took about 90 minutes. Very straight forward, no whitebox coding. Just random questions about my background and JAVA details

Interview Questions

• What access levels are there in JAVA for methods and fields?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monitise (City of London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Robert Walters, a recruiting agency came across my CV on www.monster.co.uk. A recruiting consultant of Robert Walters contacted me about a Strategy Consultant position for Monitise Group that fits my profile. She interviewed me: basic CV questions and whether it is the sort of position, company and industry I were interested in. At the end of week one, she arranged for a phone screening interview with a Senior Strategy Consultant of Monitise.

Week two, a Senior Strategy Consultant interviewed me over the phone. Why am I interested in this position? Why have I left my former employer? What do I know about Monitise? How strong are your quantitative skills? Are you skill in financial modelling? For the last two questions I told her am not an expert number-cruncher but am comfortable with numbers. She was sympathetically understanding and also confessed about her own weak quantitative side. She concluded if I move on to the next stage, the latter would involve a panel interview and case study exercise. At the end of week two, the recruiting consultant informed me of having passed the phone interview, and another interview the following week.

Week three, I was interviewed by the same Senior Strategy Consultant and another Senior Consultant then followed by a face-to-face case study exercise. At the end of week three, the recruiting consultant informed me I have not succeeded citing my average quantitative skills as reasons.

On the whole, the recruiting consultant from Robert Walters left an excellent impression in me. She was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The Senior Strategy Consultant with whom I had the phone screening interview was nice but she should have provided me with details about the case study exercise. I prepared for a written case study, hardly had figured it was going to be a verbal case study where Senior Consultant conveys the case orally. It was a very easy case study but because I rushed to get everything written down, my reasoning missed an important piece of information.

I was kept waiting in the reception area for 17minutes over the interview scheduled time. Secondly, I wasn't impressed by their offices: small, "cluttered", downgrade and "unmodern". For a headquarter branch, those offices are a big let-down. Figuratively, those offices mirror the company's red balance sheet. Monitise is yet to make a profit. They are expected to breakeven in 2013. Good luck to Monitise.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position (Strategy Consultant)? Why did you leave your former job?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Monitise Group plc??   Answer Question
    • What was your daily role at XYZ company?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict? What management style do you prefer working under?   Answer Question
    • What other firms are you currently pursuing?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monitise (Istanbul (Turkey)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for software development internship. Recruiter of the company sent to me a form and they requested to fill the form.