Monotype Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

3.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monotype (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and relatively easy. The interviews were not focused leading to duplicate questions and not a well rounded interview. However everyone was very nice and respectful and excited about the future of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected nor difficult. Very straightforward and often duplicates of previous employee's.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Woburn, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to Monotype by a former colleague. I had an exploratory discussion with the hiring manager several months before the position became available. The actual interview process included a phone screen with both the hiring manager and recruiter, followed by in person interviews that lasted approximately 90 minutes each. The interview had more of a "discussion" format, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Present some examples of product marketing/strategy from your past experience that you could apply to the current opportunities at Monotype.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Woburn, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process took four months to finalize, but everyone I met was cordial, asking the right (challenging) questions, very organized and clearly communicated the next steps involved in the interview process.

The process started off with an HR representative reaching out to me via LinkedIn and an initial phone screen. Over the course of three weeks, I then spoke with the SVP of Product and various executives, where the dialogue varied from understanding the role and responsibilities, to discussing how as a PM, I would prioritize and strategize a roadmap and vision for the company.
    The last round of the interview involved a presentation at Woburn for a take-home task I was assigned to. I presented, in discussion form, the task to a group of executives.

A few days later, I ended up getting a call with a verbal offer, followed by a final offer within a reasonable time frame.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to work through exercises and discussion on prioritization, product strategy and best practices on agile.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Woburn, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very welcoming, they gave you a good chance to tell your background story and a chance to give reasons why you would be a good fit for this particular role in the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as a fit for this role and this company?   1 Answer

SDET(Automation Testing) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

There are 4 round : 1 On-line aptitude test 2. Written in company 3. Face 2 face Technical 4. Second technical. First On- line Appti we can give from our system in home.

Interview Questions

• 1st round is very simple. 2 round is also simple having 2 Questions A ). make a generic method to find the K Consecutive numbers missing in integer array. B ) make a generic method which take integer as input and out will be minimum number from the combination of input integer digits.

The person taking my first round blaming on my code he try to proof himself that he is good in programming.He told me that he is working as SDET on VSTS tools. he don't know some basic that difference between List and Array. He told me increase the size of array.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the recruiter which lasted about a half-hour. Then they invited me in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager which went great. A week later I was invited back to meet with 4 other people I'd be working with or supervised with. I was told I would know either way within a week of that last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would develop a strategy to generate the greatest revenue.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

Went in for interview with Mgr, HR, and IT Staff. Phone interview with director. Answered multiple standard IT questions. Received call-back with offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

First Telephonic
    - Introduction call for role and responsibilities specific discussion

Second F2F with Lead Engineers
    - Quite positive and generic discussion on Algorithms and Data structure.

Third F2F: Engineering Manager
    - Architectural discussion of current/previous product.

Fourth F2F: Frontend Lead
    - Discussion on UI architecture.

[These 3 rounds took the whole day, waiting time was higher than expectation]

After all the rounds, HR approached and said she'll call for the documents and other next steps.

[Next Day]
    She called and asked to share the documents.

[After 2 days]
    -She mailed the references mentioned in their documents about the background check, and received the feedback.

[After another 2 days]
    -Someone from the team called and said your feedback is positive but you'll have to wait for another 2-3 days for the offer letter.

[Those 2-3 days never came and I don't even know what went wrong]

Lead Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called in the morning for F2F round.
    Interview process began with HR round- asking questions about my professional experience, current employer and then about my family(yes each and every member of my family).
    Second round was technical round which I did pretty well - simple recursion program in java, locators in selenium etc. questions were asked.
    Then the third round was taken by Automation testing manager. No technical questions just build release process in my current company, my role there, followed by two very simple aptitude questions. The manager went for lunch after giving the second apti question. I solved the question in 2 minutes and waited for 20-25 minutes(just wait for the apti question in interview question section:-))
    After clearing the third round, the last round was taken by some Sr. Manager. Again the build-release process, my role in my current company. The automation framework we have there and couple of methods present in that framework like method to automate Rest API's post method and then asserting the result. Then I was asked questions like why I want to join this company and all. While the interview was going on in between some person came and asked the manager to join some meeting. The manager told me to wait. After that I waited for complete 1 hour. Called HR but he didn't receive the call. After that some other HR came and said that all the interaction from Noida office are done and thanked me for my patience. I asked her as to when I can expect the results. She said the feedbacks are positive and they will update the result.
    Next day, I thanked the HR for giving me opportunity and asked about the result over mail. The HR said they are talking to more candidates and will update by next week.
    After 9 days when I asked them the result again, the HR said they don't have any opening for the role and will update me whenever they have any opening.

Interview Questions

• Factorial using recursion
      Xpath locator for some element inside a table
      When to use linkedlist and arraylist.
      Some theoritical questions about static, hashmap and hashset in java.

Aptitude question after which the Manager went for lunch :-)- find k missing number from n consecutive natural number where n is 10 and k is 3.   Answer Question

QA Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

First round- HR(In which they will check your communication skill and your confidence level)
    Second round -Technical (Basic programming question would be asked you can do it any language you prefer)
    Third round- Puzzle (To check your logical skill)
    Fourth round- Managerial (your manager and senior manager would take this round)

Interview Questions

• They asked many things prepare well and go .You can make it .   Answer Question