Monotype Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Woburn, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to Monotype by a former colleague. I had an exploratory discussion with the hiring manager several months before the position became available. The actual interview process included a phone screen with both the hiring manager and recruiter, followed by in person interviews that lasted approximately 90 minutes each. The interview had more of a "discussion" format, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Present some examples of product marketing/strategy from your past experience that you could apply to the current opportunities at Monotype.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Woburn, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process took four months to finalize, but everyone I met was cordial, asking the right (challenging) questions, very organized and clearly communicated the next steps involved in the interview process.

The process started off with an HR representative reaching out to me via LinkedIn and an initial phone screen. Over the course of three weeks, I then spoke with the SVP of Product and various executives, where the dialogue varied from understanding the role and responsibilities, to discussing how as a PM, I would prioritize and strategize a roadmap and vision for the company.
    The last round of the interview involved a presentation at Woburn for a take-home task I was assigned to. I presented, in discussion form, the task to a group of executives.

A few days later, I ended up getting a call with a verbal offer, followed by a final offer within a reasonable time frame.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to work through exercises and discussion on prioritization, product strategy and best practices on agile.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Woburn, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very welcoming, they gave you a good chance to tell your background story and a chance to give reasons why you would be a good fit for this particular role in the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as a fit for this role and this company?   1 Answer

SDET(Automation Testing) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

There are 4 round : 1 On-line aptitude test 2. Written in company 3. Face 2 face Technical 4. Second technical. First On- line Appti we can give from our system in home.

Interview Questions

• 1st round is very simple. 2 round is also simple having 2 Questions A ). make a generic method to find the K Consecutive numbers missing in integer array. B ) make a generic method which take integer as input and out will be minimum number from the combination of input integer digits.

The person taking my first round blaming on my code he try to proof himself that he is good in programming.He told me that he is working as SDET on VSTS tools. he don't know some basic that difference between List and Array. He told me increase the size of array.
      1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the recruiter which lasted about a half-hour. Then they invited me in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager which went great. A week later I was invited back to meet with 4 other people I'd be working with or supervised with. I was told I would know either way within a week of that last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would develop a strategy to generate the greatest revenue.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype.

Interview

Went in for interview with Mgr, HR, and IT Staff. Phone interview with director. Answered multiple standard IT questions. Received call-back with offer.

Lead Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called in the morning for F2F round.
    Interview process began with HR round- asking questions about my professional experience, current employer and then about my family(yes each and every member of my family).
    Second round was technical round which I did pretty well - simple recursion program in java, locators in selenium etc. questions were asked.
    Then the third round was taken by Automation testing manager. No technical questions just build release process in my current company, my role there, followed by two very simple aptitude questions. The manager went for lunch after giving the second apti question. I solved the question in 2 minutes and waited for 20-25 minutes(just wait for the apti question in interview question section:-))
    After clearing the third round, the last round was taken by some Sr. Manager. Again the build-release process, my role in my current company. The automation framework we have there and couple of methods present in that framework like method to automate Rest API's post method and then asserting the result. Then I was asked questions like why I want to join this company and all. While the interview was going on in between some person came and asked the manager to join some meeting. The manager told me to wait. After that I waited for complete 1 hour. Called HR but he didn't receive the call. After that some other HR came and said that all the interaction from Noida office are done and thanked me for my patience. I asked her as to when I can expect the results. She said the feedbacks are positive and they will update the result.
    Next day, I thanked the HR for giving me opportunity and asked about the result over mail. The HR said they are talking to more candidates and will update by next week.
    After 9 days when I asked them the result again, the HR said they don't have any opening for the role and will update me whenever they have any opening.

Interview Questions

• Factorial using recursion
      Xpath locator for some element inside a table
      When to use linkedlist and arraylist.
      Some theoritical questions about static, hashmap and hashset in java.

Aptitude question after which the Manager went for lunch :-)- find k missing number from n consecutive natural number where n is 10 and k is 3.
      Answer Question

QA Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Total 6 rounds happened. First was HR. Then coding. Then it was two tech round (one asked puzzles & questions from manual testing and another tech round asked MySQL queries). Thereafter managerial rounds were there.

Interview Questions

• 1) In HR round they asked from resume... like intrest, hobbies, goals and about previous offer letter. The main goal was to check communicaton skills
      2) In coding they asked to take input x from user and print first x prime numbers.
      3) Count the no of digits in a numbber entered by user.
      4) Then asked to get a number from user as input and by interchanging its digits ... find the shortest number
      5) to reverse a string etc.

6) In tech round they asked if testing is important/necessary? They asked to form manual test cases for a pen and enlist as many as you can
      7) sql queries from join, groupby, having, where etc were asked. They asked DB concepts like ACID properties, indexes, pivot, how data is stored in index and how it is done in table. etc

8) normal intro happened in managerial round. Conditions, terms were explained. One manager asked me about drop in my percentage in 12th as compared to 10th. etc
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monotype (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

first there was an online test consisting of c,c++ and the platform was mettl.
    after this round 18 students were shortlisted for coding round which consist of 2 questions, one of trees and another of strings, their compiler was not working properly. So In their 1st interview they asked us to explain the code which we wrote.
    After this we have 1 more technical interviews in which basics were asked. Basics include basics of c,c++ and they were into compiler details and many more.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Monotype (Noida (India)).

Interview

Had appeared for a f2f interview which lasted for 2-3 hrs.
    After that I was asked to appear for HR director round on next day which went well as well.
    After the HR round, there were 2 more technical rounds on Skype. Lastly I had a talk with their QA director from US over Skype.