Montblanc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montblanc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montblanc (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Short process
    No standards of who is getting hired. Very inconsistent. Takes too long.
    Do not offer trainings. Poor management skills. Extensive interview with no real objective. Criteria is not clear. No follow up.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montblanc.

Interview

I had two telephone, and two one on one interview.
    I had a background, and credit check, and the process took about two weeks.

Very pleasant experience! Questions consisted of :
    >Tell me about yourself?
    > What does luxury mean to you?
    >Tell me how you motivate your team, and what were your challenges?
    > Give examples of clientelling?
    > Give example of communication, and out-reach campaigns
    > Give an example of conflict resolution?
    > Give an example of coaching employee performance?
    > Give me example of business planning?
    > Give example of community networking, and event planning?
    > How do you utilize time management, and administrative tasks?

Interview Questions

• What was your pay scale, at your previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Montblanc (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Phone and in person. Relayed my past experiences. Had a great rapport with the boutique manager. Had the traditional application procedure, background check and drug screen. The environment was warm and inviting. Having spent six years with Tiffany & company, heading up the customer service department was very intriguing to them.

Interview Questions

• Was I comfortable with working nights and weekends. I have a family, and so this was a difficult question. However, I was willing to do what it took to work in a luxury environment such as this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a lower hourly rate than what I made with my previous employer. However, the benefits far exceeded what I had. I counter offered and we met half way. I found it fair and was assured that raises would come yearly. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Montblanc (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

1 interview with store manager and 1 with regional director

Interview Questions

• what do you like your previous job   2 Answers

Negotiation

I accept it as it is

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montblanc (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Montblanc is part of the Richemont Group and they utilize recruiters among other channels so post your resume on various online job hunting sites will greatly increase your chance and exposure. Interviewed by store manager first face to face then the next step is phone interview with the regional director. Offer will be sent by HR in a week or two if you are the desirable candidate. Montblanc care a lot about building loyal clienteles so be prepare to share some strategies you used before. They don't expect you to know all their products specs during the interview but do some research first and show enthusiasm on their classic/popular lines, e.g., Meisterstuck 149 fountain pen Patron of Art limited edition, TimeWalker and Star timepieces. Make sure to use the term "writing instruments" when referring to their pens and "timepieces" when referring to their watches!

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montblanc (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was through an employee referral. I was asked situational questions regarding to sales. Basically the bottom line was I was required to sell products that people don't need. Able to plant the necessity of the product into the customer's head. That was the objective of the business. It was a one on one interview with the store manager. She was very pleasant but very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this bag of poop. Tell me that this is the greatest thing in the world and that I had to have it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montblanc (Hamburg (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Two Phone calls, after I submitted online application through Richmond website.
    First interview was with the director, second with his team the same day. Was a bit inconvenient as they asked to have Skype for business, instead of using simple Skype and I had only 2 hours to upload it and make it work.When it didn't work, they decided to arrange phone call and it was 3 people talking on the same phone, which is a bit distracting. They screen CV and ask questions regarding CV.

Interview Questions

• General questions, as well as particular products description   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montblanc (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I dropped in my resume in person and I got a interview straight away. Then I had interviews with the assistant manager and the general manager. It lasts about 25mins each.

Interview Questions

Have other offers at the same time.

Sales Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Montblanc (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. Involved and in person interview with the store manager, and a phone interview with the regional manager.
    The process took about 2 weeks. The boutique was looking for a Mandarin speaking sales associate and I had the skill to offer to help develop Asian client base.

Interview Questions

• Client development and customer service are key topics.   Answer Question

Finance Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montblanc (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2010.

Interview

Talked about past work experience related to the job.
    The COO seems very forthcoming about why the incumbent wanted to leave, but something fishy was not mentioned, only hinted at such as the company being very political and silo-minded.
    The COO was an amiable person who mentioned he WILL call to setup a followup interview with the CEO but failed to do so, without even a phone call to say i was not hired for age reason. This even after I send an email thanking him for the interview and time spend.
    His comments about the interview was that I asked very good questions and that he is glad to have spoken to me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your former company   1 Answer