Monumental Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monumental Life

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monumental Life (Detroit, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple. Interview,speak with a manager, then take a simple test. The whole interview is fairly quick. They need agents. So look sharp, test well, your in. Manager is a good guy. If your unlucky enough to get the female as your manager steer clear. Just a word of advise!

Interview Questions

• The Limra test is tricky for some. Answer it with the thinking of "cooperation" in mind. Other than that there are no surprises here. Simple straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They have a set starting salary.

Treasury Analyst In Corporate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monumental Life in February 2009.

Interview

They are big on behavorial interviews, which is fine if it is for someone outside of the company. However, if you are inside the company this seems like nonsense. Basically, instead of being considered because of your accomplishments and your work history, positions usually go to the smooth talkers. I have seen many people get positions because of thier ability to give good behavioral examples only to stink at their job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of time when you had to resolve an issue with no direction from your manager?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monumental Life in December 2011.

Interview

Good interview.Very Informatitive.Position requirements were explained in detail.The District Manager was very professional.Asked very good questions and answered mine.The interviewer never interuped me and let me talk my turn.Uncommon in the business.He then got a 2nd rate Sales Manager to take me on a view of the sales route.It was very informative but the Sales Manager was kinda rude to the clients and made me feel uncomfortable.I didn't let that totally afftect my intrest in the position as I am never rude to clients! Overall I was pleased with interview.

My perception was low moral in the office with people not producing and management didn't see eye to eye because the Sales Manager didn't get the DM job over the other guy in the position.The Sales Manager actually voiced this claim.No teamwork at all.It's every man for himself along with the teams cliqing together.

Negotiation

No Negotitations

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monumental Life in August 2010.

Interview

Very casual non threatening interview process.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monumental Life in July 2009.

Interview

i was contacted by the manager, did a telephone interview , set up a one on one interview for a week later,which lasted approx. two hours. the manager met me half way as the commute was 3 hours. Went over territory, salary, insurance benefits etc. Over all it was a very relaxed interview. I then did an on line application. Was ask to take a drug test the following week. When the results of drug testing was received a week later I was made a positive offer. Overall the entire process took approximately 30 days.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a starting guarantee higher than their normal starting guarantee. If you have good credentials and a good work history you can always negotiate a higher starting guarantee.