Moore Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moore Capital Management

Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moore Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview after applied was called day after. then met with everyone on the team the next week 4ppl. they all were very friendly and just want to know who you are so it was pretty chill. I guess they weren't to concerned with technical stuff bc your resume speaks for itself. 30-40min with each person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you like to do for fun?
      What's your favorite company and why?
      How would you describe your work ethic?
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Moore Capital Management (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

went to the Manhattan office after talking to the hiring manager over email for a few times. The hiring manager was prompt in telling me the status of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• It was very informal.
      He drew a curve and asked me to draw first and second derivative curves.
      Asked me simple python questions like how memory is stored and retrieved in Python's dictionary.
      Just went everywhere and he asked me whatever came up to his mind.
      Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst, Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moore Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

referred by someone, on on site interview

Interview Questions

• no..only questions on Greeks, Duration, Convexity. VBA programming...some behavior questions like why I would like to do finance, and previous internship experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moore Capital Management.

Interview

It was very easy, took one day. Spoke with founder via email and then HR on the phone

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moore Capital Management (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward, one interview with the HR lady, and one interview with the Portfolio manager and analyst.The HR lady was nice, she talked about culture and fit most of the interview, and the PM and the analyst were both very nice, but smart and tough questions.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite company, and why would you invest in that company.   Answer Question

Reporting & Metrics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moore Capital Management (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who claimed to have received my resume from NYU database, which was a bit strange since I didn't attend NYU. After some emails, we scheduled a time to meet with the head Reporting and Metrics gentleman. The role would entail working primarily for that one individual. They asked about my background, education, and familiarity with database software.

Interview Questions

• They were primarily asking about knowledge with SQL and Access databases, as well as Excel   Answer Question