Moosejaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Web Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moosejaw (Madison Heights, MI).

Interview

Interviewed for the position. They gauge both your experience for the position and your aptitude for working well within the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather fight a shark in the water or a tiger on land?   Answer Question

Help Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moosejaw (Madison Heights, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The I.T. Staff was very friendly, though there was lack of direction with the arrangement of the interview questions. There were no detailed questions and It felt like they had me there just to have a demographic. They have no problem wasting your time, having employees take turns interviewing you and then leave you hanging much longer than the "We'll let you know in about a week" time period. This "interview process" went on for about 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were able to overcome, blah blah.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online through Moosejaw's website. I spoke with the hiring manager by phone later that week and an interview was scheduled within two weeks. The offer was made two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the team that is not already present?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moosejaw (Madison Heights, MI).

Interview

Applied online and received a call within two weeks. Went in to the interview and it was very casual. You walked in and were put in their "jail cell" until called back for the interview. Basically wanted to talk about past job experiences and availability. Not intimidating at all.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moosejaw in September 2017.

Interview

I was initially impressed that I had applied online one night, and the next day I received an email to set up a phone screening time. I think I talked on the phone with a recruiter the next day, so it seemed like a quick and organized process on their part. We had a good conversation; I was asked both soft skills questions and some about my experience in the administrative type of work that would transfer to this role. I was told that I would hear back within a week whether or not I would proceed to an in-person interview. A week passes, I email the recruiter to ask if I needed to do anything else. They apologized profusely for not letting me know that the HR manager who would be determining who to proceed with was out of town that whole week and would be back the next Monday, and then they'd deliberate. It's been about 3 weeks now after that email.

I know hiring processes can take several weeks, but it is frustrating to be told specific timelines of hearing back, even if you will not be selected to proceed, and then have those timelines repeatedly come and go with nothing. Even my intro level human resources classes lay out decent structure for a hiring process that is a little more organized than this.

The position has been removed from their website, so I'm sure they have filled it by now. They just ought to do what they say they will, or not say anything at all.

Interview Questions

• If you could have a drink in your hand and be anywhere in the world, what drink would it be and where would you go?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moosejaw (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

On the floor interview process. Quick overview of the position and questions about my previous employment. Almost lost out on the position because my answers were too stiff. Just relax and be honest. You should still be professional but you do not need to overdue it.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with difficult customers.   1 Answer

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moosejaw in March 2014.

Interview

Here's what you should expect:
    1 phone call.
    3 work assignments.
    An email invitation to an on-site interview.
    0 Receptionists to greet you upon arrival.
    A quick one on one interview with the VP of Marketing
    3 person panel-style review where you present your work assignments to the CEO, VP of Marketing and the Sr. Marketing Manager.
    Lots of casual conversation.
    Another email where you will be told in a most unprofessional way that you we're not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your most awkward moment.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Lame interview....no real questions, they hire everyone then let you go if it doesn't work out and since the hire you as "seasonal" unemployment insurance is not fees-able Keep your eyes open

Warehouse Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moosejaw (Madison Heights, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

I spotted and ad for a hiring fair and applied in-person. Upon filling out the ap., I was interviewed by two people ( one from customer service, one from the warehouse) and asked very basic work history and personal interest questions. Very laid back and welcoming! Overall, it was quick, easy, and painless.

Interview Questions

• "Given the choice; would you rather fight a tiger on land or a shark in the water?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating seasonal positions when you are hungry.

Warehouse Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moosejaw.

Interview

Pretty laid back, asked general employment questions, took a tour of the warehouse, signed papers.

You basically had to show up on time for your interview and you get hired. Words.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Moosejaw and why did you apply?   1 Answer