Morgans Hotel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with four individuals, all separately. First human resources, then a manager from the department which I will work for, followed by the Asst general manager and General Manager. I also received a tour of the property.

Interview Questions

• Have you every worked in a unionized environment? How to you go about addressing issues with union members.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested a higher salary, however, was offered a slightly lower salary. In the end, I accepted, since the decrease was just 2K

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (New York, NY).

Interview

They had me waiting for hours, very disorganized. waited 2 hours before an interview was conducted. second interview i was called for the same, after a hour of waiting they finally called me in for the sit down. to no avail, next day an email that they moved forward with an other candidate.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Long drawn out interview process, met with 5 different people, for 6 interviews and then a tasting. Do not receive an offer, after a long difficult interview process I received an automated email rejecting my application. No feed back at all, I found it to be very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The HR director was very kind and nice. She explained everything about the role, really tried to get to know the kind of person who would be representing the company. Truthfully, she was the best part of the whole process. The F&B manager didn't really have a personality, and I'm not sure he liked his job, but he was polite.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were stressed out on the job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Interview

Simple and to the point. Thorough in meeting with all management levels for the region. Provided tour of hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Management was prepared with resume and ontime.

Negotiation

Tedious - did not want to pay market value

Tournant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I got interview from my chef.then I did trail actual cooking.and then the chef is going past the application to HR.then they may call you back and right after i when back home I receive a message from Human resources and the set up the day I going to start..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and self..   1 Answer

Digital Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Interview

Disorganized. Met with two people. Questions seemed all over the place. Not even sure they know what kind of person they are looking for. Mostly social focused. Looking to fill the position in the upcoming weeks.

Revenue Management Analyst (US-based) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online on the company's careers page and was contacted about a month later by the hiring manager. We scheduled a phone interview a week in advance, but on the day of the interview, the hiring manager called nearly two hours late. She asked rather simple questions and told me that she felt I would be a good candidate and that she would have the person who would be my supervisor continue the interview process. However, I never heard back from them. Overall, the process was handled in a very unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just basic questions about my background and why I was interested in Revenue Management.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview essentially did not happen. A 30 minute interview with the boss to be, followed by an uncomfortable tour of the hotel by someone completely new, was followed by a horrific interview in which the Director of HR asked me my opinion of Rape and asked me to discuss Jodi Foster's career. Nightmarish experience, I should have known it would only go downhill. The final test was an outsourced phone interview that was all behavioural based and ridiculously simplistic and in hindsight, terrifying that this was how they based their hiring. Worst HR experience I have had, and most others have heard of.

Interview Questions

• That would be when the Director of HR for the area asked me my opinion of female rape.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They met my salary request of 20% more than the initial offer.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Interview

long process; everyone goes through at least 5 interviews with different team members, all the way up to the GM of the hotel. then, there's more time required for background check, etc (my paperwork took almost 2 weeks to process)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate