Morningstar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morningstar

2.8

MDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morningstar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a nice process fairly decent questions. First, it was a pre-recorded interview then they did a zoom interview. It lasted around 25-30 mins. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why Morningstar?
      Why MDP program?
      How do you challenge yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

Video screen for the first round, then second round was 4 30-min back-to-back interviews (on video as well). After that, I did not hear anything from the company despite following up several times, was completely ghosted

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

It was a very easy process, Very Easy! It was for an intern position in the Australian office in Sydney. One video interview with the sales manager then was hired.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

on-site interview 2 round some test about the financial background. Not that hard because I had passed some ACCA tests. must be well prepared. must be more than 60 in scores

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

phone interview after submission of the resume. It was simple. The interviewer asked several questions, both technical and behavioral. we talked about my experience before as well. I was informed pass later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

I enter the career fair in school,which is the first round. Ask about your project experience and work experience, what did you know about morningstar. Then ask some simple technical question.

Interview Questions

• what is polymorphic in OOD design?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morningstar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, got sent a link for to record answers to questions on some website, and then to set up a skype interview with a person. Person was late, seemed very disinterested and just appeared to be randomly choosing random questions off a screen instead of ever making it feel like a conversation. Did not even ask anything about my experience or questions relating to my resume. She kept looking around the room and mouthing things to people which was VERY distracting. Just overall rude and the worst interview experience I have ever had. Really shows a lot about the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you correct it.   1 Answer

Manager Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

Very similar experience compared to what other people wrote, it was a long, dragged out process that never felt like it was moving anywhere. My process was the written assignment, an hour phone interview, then two interviews followed by the pitch, The pitch was unprofessional with you sitting at a circle table with people who seem like they couldn't care less - one person called in and never said a word beyond introducing themself and another left early to catch a train. I prepared about 50 hours for my pitch and was cut off early. I'm not sure what type of candidate they are looking for, but I had ~2.5 years of professional experience, one professional certification, am a level two candidate for another, and had a pitch that I was proud of and did not get it. The only feedback that I received was that they wanted someone with more experience. My advice to people applying would be to familiarize yourself with how Morningstar rates fund managers (gold, silver, bronze) and model your pitch around that.

Interview Questions

• Do you need to be reviewed?   1 Answer

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morningstar (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got a mail for a technical interview without any recruiter screen, no information at all with no way to ask questions.

Had an online technical round with one of the senior developers all question were good and basic right out of the Interview Handbook Git Repos and a Leetcode easy question, they were not looking for the perfect solution to the coding question but instead for a different (non text book) approach/solution.

Next had an onsite for 3.5 hours at the Chicago Downtown office they gave me half an hour to ask questions regarding a coding challenge. Then and hour to work on the challenge. The challenge was to design a portfolio tracking application by writing pseudo code, they left it to me to decide what part of the design and coding process i wanted to focus on.
    Next round two people came to cross question about the app i designed. They had a difference of opinion and kept having a war the whole time which made me the victim and the whole hour they kept arguing and i couldn't understand how to answer their questions. Plus they kept asking me why did you not do this in the app and i was like i followed the instructions and did the all the tasks in one hour how do you expect me to innovate in the same amount of time.
    Then had a round with an HR person pretty standard.
    Next round one person gave me a two pages of code and asked me to find errors in that code when i looked at him and asked "seriously?" he responded "i know it's one of the worse ways to test a candidate but this what i have been told to do, I am sorry for such a round but this is what they want me to do". I pointed out syntax errors, general mistakes and lines that didn't make any sense and that was it.

Received a call that i was not selected after 2 weeks.

Note to Morningstar: You might be one of the top firms i wanted to work at but this kind of interview experience is the worst i have encountered in a long time.

Interview Questions

• Design a portfolio tracking system by writing pseudo code.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morningstar in February 2020.

Interview

There is the first round of 3 video interview questions. Each video interview is of 60 sec and you will get 3 attempts for each question. the next set of interview was zoom interview which I have yet to attend